Seth Green to Minnesota?

How can (Michigan St, Texas, Wisconsin, Oregon, Iowa) waste an offer on this guy??
We are probably better off stealing a recruit from a Mac. program.

I really don't know because I haven't personally followed Green other than what people on this site say. However, along with Florida, Ohio, California and a few other states ... Texas is considered one of the prime states for producing footballs players. Again without knowing all the facts ... it seems like Green transferred down to a high profile Texas football program. Couldn't it be possible if this is a football magnet program that there could be more than two or three top flight prospects on that team. A second stringer on that type of team could still be a real successful player on the next level. Just for conversation sake ...

Except the starter currently has 0 offers..

http://247sports.com/Player/Mitchell-Jonke-86398

I personally couldn't care less whether he chose to leave the state initially and possess no hard feelings whatsoever. I just don't think he's very good, an opinion that has been reinforced over and again here by very knowledgeable posters who watched him play multiple times in person against MN HS competition (not exactly difficult for high major recruits to excel against) and were thoroughly unimpressed. Recruiting ratings are incredibly useful on the aggregate (and you won't find a bigger advocate of that than me) but the services make mistakes all the time.
Against presumably better competition in Texas he has 18 tds and 7 interceptions for 1,375 yards. He has rushed for 900 yards at 8 yards a carry. He's got a quick release and a big arm. What's not to like?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's also 6'0" tall, I'm guessing his lack of offers has more to do with his size than his talent level. He's also a junior, plenty of time for him to pick up offers.

Another thing I didn't know. ... really ... I thought he was a senior this year.

People are really s***ing on a kid who probably just learned how to drive because he doesn't have P5 offers yet.

Get real.

He's also 6'0" tall, I'm guessing his lack of offers has more to do with his size than his talent level. He's also a junior, plenty of time for him to pick up offers.

Sounds like Drew Brees. Give him an offer.

I keep forgetting. Is Dr. Don a proctologist?

Retired. Now he just does that job recreationally.

I went to get an exam from him a number of years ago. He said "Take off you pants, lean over and we'll get started". I replied "Where should I put my pants"? He answered "Just put you pants on the chair next to mine".

Retired. Now he just does that job recreationally.

I went to get an exam from him a number of years ago. He said "Take off you pants, lean over and we'll get started". I replied "Where should I put my pants"? He answered "Just put you pants on the chair next to mine".

Which leads to the question, how many renditions of Moon River did he get?

Against presumably better competition in Texas he has 18 tds and 7 interceptions for 1,375 yards. He has rushed for 900 yards at 8 yards a carry. He's got a quick release and a big arm. What's not to like?

The 56% completion percentage and high interception rate?

Judge for yourself why he doesn't have any offers. Doesn't look like much of a prospect to me.

Playing at Allen, who plays in arguably the toughest high school football conference in the country.
If he can do that after a transfer from Mn, he'd be damn better than any Nebraska TE offeree we could ever get.

I think that the idea that a kid from MN, was going to walk into a top program in Texas and beat out a kid that's been groomed for the position, is ridiculous. I actually think that Green might be a better recruit now that he's got that hubris out of his system.

Um. Those highlights are pretty damn impressive, much moreso than Pjolian's. If he wants to come here and we can develop that arm and that speed he could be special.
I watched the other Qb's tape too, he seems to know the offense a lot better, maybe that's why they both play.

Mitchell Jonke will very likely be playing Division I football and that is saying something for a kid that is only 6'0". Green has been as productive (maybe slightly more) than Jonke. They split time. They are both top tier HS QBs. If either of them were in the State of MN, they'd be the best QB in the state.

I have been tough on Seth Green (I've seen him play several times in HS). I am not sure about him. He REALLY looks the part but he never really stood out to me. A couple of years ago, I thought Perra was a much better HS QB than Green. That's not saying I would have rather signed Perra, but just at that time, Perra was a fantastic HS player.

Green has all of the tools. I still don't know what that translates into, but he has way more natural tools than any QB on our roster. If you have a chance to sign him at the U of MN, you do it in a heart beat. He's an extremely exciting recruit, if he pans out at QB, he's special. If he doesn't, he can be a good player elsewhere.

Mitchell Jonke will very likely be playing Division I football and that is saying something for a kid that is only 6'0". Green has been as productive (maybe slightly more) than Jonke. They split time. They are both top tier HS QBs. If either of them were in the State of MN, they'd be the best QB in the state.

I have been tough on Seth Green (I've seen him play several times in HS). I am not sure about him. He REALLY looks the part but he never really stood out to me. A couple of years ago, I thought Perra was a much better HS QB than Green. That's not saying I would have rather signed Perra, but just at that time, Perra was a fantastic HS player.

Green has all of the tools. I still don't know what that translates into, but he has way more natural tools than any QB on our roster. If you have a chance to sign him at the U of MN, you do it in a heart beat. He's an extremely exciting recruit, if he pans out at QB, he's special. If he doesn't, he can be a good player elsewhere.

100% correct.

Exactly. I've watched Green play a number of times and he impressed but didn't wow me, but the tools are there. The kid had legitimate offers to play QB at Oregon, Michigan St., Iowa, Wisky, Texas, etc, etc, etc. Name me the last MN QB recruit who had an offer list like that? Tell me who we are going to sign at this juncture that is better than Green?

The best scenario for this class is that we sign Seth and Keon Howard.

Texas is a hotbed for quarterbacks. If I were a head coach, that state would get my #1 look for signal callers.

Thanks for the scouting reports Bob and John.

It's a no-brainer for me as well. Curious to see where Claeys takes the offense, but if we stay with the read option, you really need a "home run" threat at QB. Leidner runs well when he gets up a head of steam, but he's not elusive early in the read and you have to have that at the B1G level to run the offense most effectively.

No idea what to think about the kid. Obviously has talent but Oregon no longer wants him at QB (not that their staff has developed a QB behind Mariotta) after the last year. I think QB is extremely tough to predict and recruit and as a guy just watching highlights its impossible to tell if he has the mental and intangibles to play QB at a high level

No idea what to think about the kid. Obviously has talent but Oregon no longer wants him at QB (not that their staff has developed a QB behind Mariotta) after the last year. I think QB is extremely tough to predict and recruit and as a guy just watching highlights its impossible to tell if he has the mental and intangibles to play QB at a high level

But he throws a tight spiral!

Thanks oleboy41. There is MUCH more to playing QB than passing: perhaps 10% passing. The mental and intangibles (like knowing when to take chances) do not come out in film. I saw one film where a QB recruit showed certain aspects of the game with film evidence. It was a nice try, but still didn't prove anything. If Green does flip and come here, it'll be interesting to see how he develops the rest of his game. I think having a line that gives him another 1/2 second would do wonders to his game (and Leidners).

With all the much ado about Seth Green, how come we are not hearing the Gophers coaches paying him an in home visit down in Texas?

I am beginning to really worry about our QB recruitin' situation and about losing both Sean Foster and Tony Poljan.
Potentially, these two will come back to haunt us.

Let's hear about players committing this weekend! Come on, let us hear some good news. Preeeeeeetty pleeeease Santa!

Top Bottom