Strange parallels with Nebraska

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
Both MN and Huskers have new coaches, both ended 5-7 and may slip sideways into a bowl; both have junior QBs responsible for four turnovers in the final big game (even the scores were similar); both expect much better seasons next year.

While Minnesota played almost twice as many ranked teams (Michigan, Ohio State, and TCU). Nebraska is really a joke.

I don't care how much people disliked Bo it was a mistake firing him

I don't care how much people disliked Bo it was a mistake firing him
Remember the Cornhuskers have an 'N' on the sides of their helmets to show their knowledge.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yuck. You don't want to be compared to Nebraska. The program has become a dumpster fire. They fire Solich and then the fire Pellini.

While Minnesota played almost twice as many ranked teams (Michigan, Ohio State, and TCU). Nebraska is really a joke.

A joke that won on the road by 23 against the team you are comparing them to?

I am glad we destroyed them this year... Oh wait a minute

Not saying we deserve a bowl either but look at their freaking schedule...cake as usual. That is how they have always won.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn't they have a Coach O'Brien? Now the Gopher does too.

Not saying we deserve a bowl either but look at their freaking schedule...cake as usual. That is how they have always won.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There goes your credibility, just like the Gophers, they have no say in the conference schedule. The gophers will have the "cake" conference schedule next year compared to theirs. If you are talking out of conference, take a look at that again. The gophers had one power 5 team and they had 2. BYU is an independent and is treated as a power 5 like Notre Dame.
Take a look at their future ooc schedule, far from cake, when compared to ours!

There goes your credibility, just like the Gophers, they have no say in the conference schedule. The gophers will have the "cake" conference schedule next year compared to theirs. If you are talking out of conference, take a look at that again. The gophers had one power 5 team and they had 2. BYU is an independent and is treated as a power 5 like Notre Dame.

All good points but dump the "we/ours" she-et. Nobody believes it.

It is amazing the amount of fans of other teams that pretend to be Gophers fans here.

Having read a few other B1G Football boards; they likely come here for some sanity. There are some crazy people out there!

Really?

"I am glad we destroyed them this year... Oh wait a minute"

That is not the quote you included in your previous post. REALLY! Does we offend you because I did not type "the gophers?" So sorry

That is not the quote you included in your previous post. REALLY! Does we offend you because I did not type "the gophers?" So sorry

First would have said that there is nothing to be ashamed of being a Nebraska fan. Decent school with mainly good fans. After reading your 4 posts, can see why you don't want Cornhusker fans to know your one of them.

It is amazing the amount of fans of other teams that pretend to be Gophers fans here.

So I use the word "we" instead of gopher and that makes me a fan of any other team than the gophers? Makes a lot of sense.
A friend told me about this forum at the Wisconsin gopher game, I see why he is no longer posting. He made mention of how many on here have thin skin.

Sure seems like it but maybe not. It's a free board and reading their stuff, most of them definitely can't hold a job.

So I use the word "we" instead of gopher and that makes me a fan of any other team than the gophers? Makes a lot of sense.
A friend told me about this forum at the Wisconsin gopher game, I see why he is no longer posting. He made mention of how many on here have thin skin.

Haha, no that had nothing to do with it. Your first few posts were about Nebraska. There have been a lot of posters here lately who have claimed to be Gophers fans but it is obvious they are not. Just here to be a troll and rile everyone up.

I apologize if that is not who you are. My post was more a general comment anyways.

Haha, this thread is about Nebraska and Minnesota, so that is what should be discussed? Yes? Kind of hard to make a statement in this thread without referring to one or both teams?

Wonderful way to welcome newbies to this site! I'll have to keep this in mind when I welcome them to the site.

Goooooo, Thanks for being a Fusker fan on a Gopher blog. Nebraska has a cake schedule. BYU, decent team not great. Miami, a name that looks good on paper, but they suck. South Alabama...ya, defend that, great team right. Southern Miss, another great sounding (and a decent record) but are they really good? Defend all you want, but by seasons end, the Fuskers played 3 ranked teams and had 1 quality win all season. Huck the Fuskers!

Haha, this thread is about Nebraska and Minnesota, so that is what should be discussed? Yes? Kind of hard to make a statement in this thread without referring to one or both teams?

Wonderful way to welcome newbies to this site! I'll have to keep this in mind when I welcome them to the site.

You're making it more complicated than it has to be. You're new and you only posted in a thread about Nebraska. In your first few posts you defended Nebraska while ripping on the Gophers. There are tons of other threads about other things related to the Gophers, yet you didn't post anywhere else.

Again, I apologize if you really are a Gophers fan. There have just been a lot of people here lately who claim they are but really aren't. It's frustrating because there only reason for being here is to get people riled up.

You're making it more complicated than it has to be. You're new and you only posted in a thread about Nebraska. In your first few posts you defended Nebraska while ripping on the Gophers. There are tons of other threads about other things related to the Gophers, yet you didn't post anywhere else.

Again, I apologize if you really are a Gophers fan. There have just been a lot of people here lately who claim they are but really aren't. It's frustrating because there only reason for being here is to get people riled up.

I have been a member for 24 hours! Sorry I have yet to comment on every thread. Judging by this thread I am glad I did not. I have other priorities in my life other than posting in every thread within the first 24 hours.
My kids, family, work, and spending time outside rate a lot higher.
This is my last post to you and my second to last altogether.

I did not agree with what was stated in the thread so I pointed out some facts. I guess people's egos are to big to see a different point of view.

I was hoping to talk about Tyler Johnson. I have worked with some of his family in the past and will be working with a member of his family in a couple of weeks when I transfer positions.

I did not rip the gophers just stated what I saw on both teams schedules. I guess the gold color glasses many here wear can make things appear different than what was typed.

Goooooo, Thanks for being a Fusker fan on a Gopher blog. Nebraska has a cake schedule. BYU, decent team not great. Miami, a name that looks good on paper, but they suck. South Alabama...ya, defend that, great team right. Southern Miss, another great sounding (and a decent record) but are they really good? Defend all you want, but by seasons end, the Fuskers played 3 ranked teams and had 1 quality win all season. Huck the Fuskers!

Wow! You must be proud of that post! Good luck to you.
Did you come up with huck the fuskers? I hope your brain is not hurting!

I have been a member for 24 hours! Sorry I have yet to comment on every thread. Judging by this thread I am glad I did not. I have other priorities in my life other than posting in every thread within the first 24 hours.
My kids, family, work, and spending time outside rate a lot higher.
This is my last post to you and my second to last altogether.

I did not agree with what was stated in the thread so I pointed out some facts. I guess people's egos are to big to see a different point of view.

I was hoping to talk about Tyler Johnson. I have worked with some of his family in the past and will be working with a member of his family in a couple of weeks when I transfer positions.

I did not rip the gophers just stated what I saw on both teams schedules. I guess the gold color glasses many here wear can make things appear different than what was typed.

Yep, I said you must comment on every thread.

Like I said before my initial comment was more a general statement. Someone else hinted that they thought you were a fan of another program pretending to be a Gophers fan. I responded to that person's post saying there has been a lot of that going on here lately. That is 100% the truth. There have been a lot of those people posting here lately. No where did I say you were definitely one of those people.

Lots of sniping - there used to be a flock of regulars, many older, who had pretty good discussions, though not without controversies. Seems more quarreling with one another now, often over trivial details.

Wow! You must be proud of that post! Good luck to you.
Did you come up with huck the fuskers? I hope your brain is not hurting!

No, I didn't come up with Huck the Fuskers. It's a huge saying going around the U these days. Shows your not a Gopher fan a-hole. Go back to the Fuskers Goooooo. They are a joke like you. We don't need you or want you.

No, I didn't come up with Huck the Fuskers. It's a huge saying going around the U these days. Shows your not a Gopher fan a-hole. Go back to the Fuskers Goooooo. They are a joke like you. We don't need you or want you.

You are confused. The U is in Miami Fl. You are correct, I am not a "Gopher fan a-hole," you sure qualify as one though.

Top Bottom