Weird miscommunication between Kill and the U admin

Stan

Reaction score
Kill has said during numerous interviews that he's heard from multiple people on a new job/role, but Kill has repeatedly said he hasn't heard from the U yet. This was brought up on WCCO today and later in the show, Mona said he got a text from a U admin that Minnesota has in fact had multiple conversations with Kill about a role. Weird that both sides have different takes on where that is at.

Kill can't say much because he has to consult with Rebecca on contract details.

Kill has said during numerous interviews that he's heard from multiple people on a new job/role, but Kill has repeatedly said he hasn't heard from the U yet. This was brought up on WCCO today and later in the show, Mona said he got a text from a U admin that Minnesota has in fact had multiple conversations with Kill about a role. Weird that both sides have different takes on where that is at.

Let's hope they have...would love to Kill to be involved in any capacity he likes.

According to Sid, listening as I left town, Gopher Athletics said they would find a spot for him, but he has heard nothing. Sid was advocating for "VP of Athletics, "to keep an eye on those people" but it was extremely unclear to me how this differed from Athletic Director. Then again, it was Sid.

EDIT: and fundraise, but again, AD duties.

The U is not going to hire Jerry Kill in any capacity. You're brain dead if you can't figure that out.

The U is not going to hire Jerry Kill in any capacity. You're brain dead if you can't figure that out.

Lotta f*ing "agree with me or your an idiot" posts flying around here the last couple of days..

I actually think it would be best if Kill left town. I don't see the point of having a mildly successful coach around to look over the shoulder of Claeys since we are stuck with him. The last thing Claeys needs is Kill having an office and some official reason to hang around the Nagurski or TCF bank stadium. If Kill has to stay and if he believes he has a job with the University then put him in the radio broadcast booth.

I can't actually see him being a good fundraiser or some sort of VP in the AD office.

http://btn.com/2015/10/28/minnesota-coach-jerry-kill-retiring-cites-health-reasons/

The contract includes language that plans for any health-related absences and would also allow him to “transition” to another position in the athletic department at a substantially reduced salary.

The U could just pay him for doing nothing, or they could get some use out of him. The question is what role the the U wants to give him. He could travel around the state giving speeches and promoting the program.

I actually think it would be best if Kill left town. I don't see the point of having a mildly successful coach around to look over the shoulder of Claeys since we are stuck with him. The last thing Claeys needs is Kill having an office and some official reason to hang around the Nagurski or TCF bank stadium. If Kill has to stay and if he believes he has a job with the University then put him in the radio broadcast booth.

I can't actually see him being a good fundraiser or some sort of VP in the AD office.

Tell us how you really feel.

You...are....a....world class.....dipsht

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dip**** is a word with a great deal of redundancy. I would think sheep dip has greater sting. Maybe, donkey dip or elephant dip would be more powerful. Frankly, just saying someone smells pungent is fairly descriptive. I feel dumber for getting caught up in a word.

A) there best friends
B) hasn't seemed to hurt sconnie by having Barry around not coaching.

Pay him to go fishing. With no malice, what job is he up to? Get healthy. Enjoy life. You don't owe us, and we will pay you out.

Always have liked and respected Kill tremendously, but I am not sure he is suited for an administrative job. Anything short of AD will be a job in which he needs to support someone else's position whether he agrees or not. How would he handle a fundraising interview in which he is asked about Limegrover's firing?

It might be better for everyone if he moves on.

Well, part of it might be to keep him around to study his epileptic seizures. I think the Med school would like that.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Well, part of it might be to keep him around to study his epileptic seizures. I think the Med school would like that. Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
You're a jackass.

You're a jackass.
No. I mean that in all sincerity. He's not about to be a human lab rat.

Look at his interviews. He talks about how the school was helping him manage his medical situation. Despite the fact that when he was coaching he didn't follow a recommended or even prescribed regimen, he is a fairly rare medical case. I wouldn't put it beyond the scope of being a win-win for both of them. Jerry gets the medical attention he needs and the U of M Medical school gets a set of data to us for understanding epilepsy.

Having Jerry work for the U of M in another capacity allows them to study his biomedical reactions under a less stressful yet more realistic than clinical setting. Finding the right job fit depends on how much stress Jerry feels he can handle in this new phase of his life.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom