Chip Scoggins: Badgers could have left Axe in Madison

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Chip:

This isn’t a rivalry. It’s more like an annual obligation with an outcome that’s already *predetermined.

Rivalries are meant to be competitive. Meant to have some suspense, some drama, some notion that either team could win any given meeting.

The best rivalries swing back-and-forth like tennis matches. Gophers-Badgers in football has become more one-sided than a snail racing a rabbit.

Like clockwork, the Gophers lost to their big brother again Saturday.

http://www.startribune.com/badgers-could-have-left-axe-in-madison/357464561/

Go Gophers!!

Yup. Agree with him wholeheartedly. I knew we did not have a chance this year. I don't expect to win next year either...that, to me, shows how one sided this game has become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a rivalry. It just isn't a competitive rivalry.

Do you think anyone would say Ohio St - Michigan isn't a rivalry? OSU has won 10 of the last 11. Duke has won 10 of 13 over UNC in basketball.

All-time seriesMinnesota leads, 59–58–8 (.504). Been a rivalry for 125 games and will be until concussions end the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All-time seriesMinnesota leads, 59–58–8 (.504). Been a rivalry for 125 games and will be until concussions end the game.

Boom! This!!!!....except the concussion crap.

The Twin Cities sports media really is the worst.

No one today cares what happened in the 40s. You lose 19 of 21, it's fair to question whether it really is a rivalry. Especially with the number of lopsided WI wins.

It is a rivalry. It just isn't a competitive rivalry.

Do you think anyone would say Ohio St - Michigan isn't a rivalry? OSU has won 10 of the last 11. Duke has won 10 of 13 over UNC in basketball.
And Ohio State has won 13 of 15, and no one is talking about that not being a rivalry.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And Ohio State has won 13 of 15, and no one is talking about that not being a rivalry.

Ohio State has won 14 of 21 compared to Wisconsin winning 19 of 21. Michigan and Ohio State is still more of a rivalry over the past 21 years.

This should have been our year with WI being down and MN supposedly playing competitively against the best in the nation. I can't imagine any gopher fan thinks we have shot at upsetting them in the next few years.

The bad things is- they have gone though multiple coaching changes yet haven't lost a step and no one complained about losing recruits. There OLine was more beat up then ours and their top running back was not playing. This is not a rivalry if we can't even make it close. Just like Brewster, Kill will be remembered as never being able to beat our top rival. Lets hope Claeys can find a way to improve significantly in coming years

No one today cares what happened in the 40s. You lose 19 of 21, it's fair to question whether it really is a rivalry. Especially with the number of lopsided WI wins.

So then Wisconsin/Minnesota has never really been rivalry game. Wisconsin has dominated us lately, but we still hold the all-time series meaning Minnesota must of had a similar run at one time.

The Gophers with 5 turnovers and their defensive effort in the first half would have lost to whoever they played.That it was Wisconsin sucks, but this was the worst game the Gophers played all year

Top Bottom