Do we dare......

Reaction score
Do we need to have a BIG team in the playoffs? If so, we would have to see Iowa go undefeated.

Danny Kanell was excellent on the postgame show today. He stated how Iowa deserves to be where they are and Alabama is overrated because their best win is Mississippi St. He also stated how all of the ranked teams Alabama beat have now fallen apart.

Danny Kanell was excellent on the postgame show today. He stated how Iowa deserves to be where they are and Alabama is overrated because their best win is Mississippi St. He also stated how all of the ranked teams Alabama beat have now fallen apart.

I'm sure Tidenation will remember this should they meet the Gators in the CCG.

Iowa may have a higher ranked victory than Alabama, but Alabama still had the tougher schedule overall. There's no way to ever know, but if Iowa played Alabama's schedule they would be hovering around .500. That being said, if both teams win out they both make the playoffs so their fate is their own hands.

But, no, to answer the original poster's question the Big10 does not need Iowa to go undefeated to have a playoff team. If Iowa would have lost to Nebraska, then there would have been some question but now you will (probably) have #3/4 Iowa facing off against #5 MSU in the championship for a spot in the final four. Go MSU!!!

Iowa may have a higher ranked victory than Alabama, but Alabama still had the tougher schedule overall. There's no way to ever know, but if Iowa played Alabama's schedule they would be hovering around .500. That being said, if both teams win out they both make the playoffs so their fate is their own hands.

But, no, to answer the original poster's question the Big10 does not need Iowa to go undefeated to have a playoff team. If Iowa would have lost to Nebraska, then there would have been some question but now you will (probably) have #3/4 Iowa facing off against #5 MSU in the championship for a spot in the final four. Go MSU!!!

That's a pretty bold statement. If Ole Miss wins today, Miss. State will fall in the rankings and there is a good chance that Alabama finished the regular season with no wins against the CFP top 25.

Iowa may have a higher ranked victory than Alabama, but Alabama still had the tougher schedule overall. There's no way to ever know, but if Iowa played Alabama's schedule they would be hovering around .500.

LOL

Not sure what that has to do with anything, since Kanell played at FSU.

Iowa's going to the Playoffs, y'all. Deal with it.

OK you got me there although Kanell is listed as a professional Bama hater. I do see Sparty winning today and pissing on you Dodo Bird fans in Indy.

Not sure what that has to do with anything, since Kanell played at FSU.

Iowa's going to the Playoffs, y'all. Deal with it.

I can't see Iowa beating MSU, OSU or Michigan. So I'm not too worried about their playoff chances.

Does all of this mean the Iowa fans still want Ferentz out?

Does all of this mean the Iowa fans still want Ferentz out?

Asked one that yesterday. He claims Ferentz went all out on a lot of ballsy calls this year and they have all worked. He said if Ferentz keeps making the calls he is he wants Ferentz there indefinitely. But he is afraid he'll coach like this for a couple years, get another extension then go back into his coaching shell for 5-7 years of mediocrity.

Top Bottom