Corey Clement cited for two counts of Disorderly Conduct

You are being very unfair only calling out the run blocking. The pass blocking is very suspect as well. Good defenses have given the Badgers problems. Average or bad defenses have not. Even so, the Badgers are good at making mistakes that leads them to scoring 20-25 points against average teams instead of more.

Uh...ok? Your pass blocking stinks also?

I haven't watched enough of your games this year to really have an educated opinion. A quick review of the stats tells me that things like 37 carries for 96 yards and 40 vs 117 yards vs Purdue and Maryland, respectively,tells me there is trouble in paradise. It seems like the defense, and secondarily Stave has rescued the team from a mediocre record. Would that be in the ball park?

He is one of the most talented backs in the country and very well would have been a first round pick and a top 3 RB drafted behind Henry and Elliott had he played the whole season. It is a very big deal whether he plays or not.
Fair or not, it's going to be a long time before another Wiscy back is a high draft pick. The Chargers and Broncos both got torched lately. Lengthy string of RBs that haven't done a thing in the pros.

Uh...ok? Your pass blocking stinks also?

I haven't watched enough of your games this year to really have an educated opinion. A quick review of the stats tells me that things like 37 carries for 96 yards and 40 vs 117 yards vs Purdue and Maryland, respectively,tells me there is trouble in paradise. It seems like the defense, and secondarily Stave has rescued the team from a mediocre record. Would that be in the ball park?

That would be a home run in my opinion. Stave gets way to much of the blame for the offensive woes this year. The offensive line is young and weak this year. They will be fine after they gain some experience and spend some time in the weight room doing actual, offensive linemen type lifting.

Let's stay on topic and discuss what a POS the athletic department is for not suspending him.

Don't let the badger fans dictate this post.

Sounds like a cover up report by UW Athletic Dept. Perhaps they didn't have all the facts before they sent out their initial report....but why not get the facts before you say anything? He should not be playing.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Let's stay on topic and discuss what a POS the athletic department is for not suspending him.

Don't let the badger fans dictate this post.

Dictate this high quality, entirely speculative thread, that was trying to stir up faux Badger hate?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I wonder if they changed their mind or if we all just misunderstood the statement they made. To me their statement meant that his punishment was something that only those internally would know about (i.e. community service, etc).

"We released a statement regarding Corey's involvement in the incident on Nov. 12 in response to false information that was circulating. That statement was based off of information that we had at that time. With the release of the full police report today, further details on the incident have come to light. Any disciplinary measures taken by UW head coach Paul Chryst relating to this incident are undetermined at this time and will be handled internally."

To me the statement meant that there were new facts about the case that had come to light ( misdemeanor charges) and the coach is deciding what will happen next. Besides, the athletic department has not announced that he won't be playing. The beat writer tweeted that he is not playing. They may not say anything about it at all. He just won't be at TFC to help "chop":rolleyes: the goalpost down.

"We released a statement regarding Corey's involvement in the incident on Nov. 12 in response to false information that was circulating. That statement was based off of information that we had at that time. With the release of the full police report today, further details on the incident have come to light. Any disciplinary measures taken by UW head coach Paul Chryst relating to this incident are undetermined at this time and will be handled internally."

To me the statement meant that there were new facts about the case that had come to light ( misdemeanor charges) and the coach is deciding what will happen next. Besides, the athletic department has not announced that he won't be playing. The beat writer tweeted that he is not playing. They may not say anything about it at all. He just won't be at TFC to help "chop":rolleyes: the goalpost down.

There are no misdemeanor charges.

It was handled internally. He is not playing.

Cool thread though.

Minneapolis — Wisconsin tailback Corey Clement, who was issued two citations for disorderly conduct earlier this week, is not scheduled to travel with the team for the Badgers' regular-season finale Saturday at rival Minnesota.

The decision to hold Clement out was made by coach Paul Chryst, who was not available for comment Friday.

UW officials said Wednesday any disciplinary measures would be handled internally.

Clement has played in only three of the Badgers' 11 games this season while missing time with a sports hernia. He carried 10 times for 24 yards and a touchdown last week in a loss to Northwestern to push his season totals to 155 yards and four touchdowns on 29 carries.

With Clement again out, UW's tailback rotation should be Dare Ogunbowale (148 carries, 614 yards and six TDs), Taiwan Deal (93-405-4) and Alec Ingold (46-127-5).

UW officials learned earlier this week that Clement had been cited by Madison Police for his role in a fight at his apartment on Nov. 8. The incident occurred one day after UW's victory at Maryland. Clement did not travel with the team for that game.

UW initially released a statement that Clement came to the aid of a security guard, who was involved in an altercation with several individuals, and suffered a cut on his right hand.

However, the police investigation revealed that Clement instigated the incident and threw the first punch."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badg...for-minnesota-game-b99624363z1-356156331.html

With Chryst apparently doing the right thing here, how soon before Skunk a-holes start calling for his head should they lose today?

Top Bottom