Eric Murray accepts invite to Senior Bowl; Maye hopeful of invite

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

SENIOR BOWL INVITE

Cornerback Eric Murray accepted an invitation Tuesday to play in the Senior Bowl on Jan. 30, becoming the Gophers' third representative in three years. He has 57 tackles, an interception and a team-high six pass breakups in 11 games.

Last year, running back David Cobb participated in the Senior Bowl, and defensive tackle Ra'Shede Hageman played in the showcase two years ago.

Minnesota senior wide receiver KJ Maye is hoping he'll be one of the 110 players invited to the Senior Bowl, as well.

"(He's) on our radar," said Patrick Woo, a Senior Bowl official.

Maye is tied for fourth in the Big Ten with 5.5 receptions a game and ninth in the conference with 60.1 receiving yards a game. A Mobile, Ala., native, he played his high school football at Ladd-Pebbles Stadium, which hosts the Senior Bowl.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_29161320/gophers-report-starting-qbs-expected-play-axe

Go Gophers!!

jump a route Murray!

I'd love Murray to get a game winning pick 6 against his home state.

Eric Murray hasn't looked as good this year over last. Lack of pressure on the QB is a big part of that. This will be an opportunity for him to improve his draft stock, which at best is late second round territory right now.

Eric Murray hasn't looked as good this year over last. Lack of pressure on the QB is a big part of that. This will be an opportunity for him to improve his draft stock, which at best is late second round territory right now.

You can tell the DBs have been reined in from playing freestyle and jumping routes. The DBs have done a great job at keeping the game in front of them. it'd be nice to see 31 jump a route at the 1.25 clock in the 4th Q.

I think Kill mentioned this summer that this defense had 4-5 draft picks on it.

That seems optimistic in hindsight.

I think Murray will get drafted very late.

That's about it.

Murray and Campbell look like the only guys on the defense who will be certainly be drafted, probably both on the late second/early third day. Murray has the chops and it could be the defensive system he's being asked to play, but to me he still has trouble finding the ball. Maybe Boddy-Calhoun as well, but I wonder if he is physical enough. Would probably be a good prospect for nickel defenses. Cockran probably gets a FA look.

Hope Maye gets an invite somewhere. Senior Bowl may be a little steep because he lacks the eye-popping measurables that scouts/GMs lust over, but he's a solid receiver and with all the touch football offenses in the pros, he could easily find a home at the next level.

That's about it.
BBC, Murray, TC and Campbell could all get drafted. BBC and Murray will for sure, if TC and Campbell have good work outs they can as well. Two years ago Vereen came out of no where and Thompson did last year. If you can get to the QB you always have a chance. Kill mentioned Travis but he's been injured and will probably get a medical redshirt. Antonio Johnson I could see getting invited ti a Training camp. When healthy we had a really go starting 11

BBC, Murray, TC and Campbell could all get drafted. BBC and Murray will for sure, if TC and Campbell have good work outs they can as well. Two years ago Vereen came out of no where and Thompson did last year. If you can get to the QB you always have a chance. Kill mentioned Travis but he's been injured and will probably get a medical redshirt. Antonio Johnson I could see getting invited ti a Training camp. When healthy we had a really go starting 11

I'm not convinced BBC gets drafted, he's been disappointing this season IMO.

That's about it.

Going into the season there was a good chance Murray, BBC, Travis, and Campbell were going to be drafted. Two of the four have been injured. I think Murray and Campbell both get selected somewhere in the draft. If BBC can get to 100% and does well at his workouts, he has a shot. He just hasn't been the same since his injury and it is obvious he isn't 100% healthy right now.

Assuming Travis comes back and has a good year next season, he has a good shot of getting drafted next year.

Going into the season there was a good chance Murray, BBC, Travis, and Campbell were going to be drafted. Two of the four have been injured. I think Murray and Campbell both get selected somewhere in the draft. If BBC can get to 100% and does well at his workouts, he has a shot. He just hasn't been the same since his injury and it is obvious he isn't 100% healthy right now.

Assuming Travis comes back and has a good year next season, he has a good shot of getting drafted next year.
BBC is not a great cover corner. He's very opportunistic and a smart player, but his coverage isn't great and neither is his tackling.

BBC wasn't a bad tackler last year.

It hurts to watch him play.

He's a natural ball player, but he's got busted wheels.

Campbell got a little bit better each year, but the light never completely went on.

Unlike BBC, he's not a natural ballplayer.

I don't understand how he never learned to rush the quarterback.

I really like Poock.

I know a thing or two about playing linebacker, so nobody give me any crap about this.

BBC wasn't a bad tackler last year.

It hurts to watch him play.

He's a natural ball player, but he's got busted wheels.

Campbell got a little bit better each year, but the light never completely went on.

Unlike BBC, he's not a natural ballplayer.

I don't understand how he never learned to rush the quarterback.

I really like Poock.

I know a thing or two about playing linebacker, so nobody give me any crap about this.

I don't think anyone will give you a tough time on Poock assessment...

Top Bottom