You jugless fools, it's stein time!

Reaction score
Hey Axe-holes, it's stein time!

Yes, tis I, Detlef Erlichmann, the owner and proprietor of the Essen Haus in Madison. I dutifully return to this obscure portal of the interwebs to make my annual plea to the dwindling Gopher masses. In case you are new to the lost cause that is Gopher football follow this link(s) to come up to speed:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?58290-Stein-Time-beyotches!&p=979181#post979181

Suffice it to say that since I'm wasting my time writing to this wretched forum I've yet to receive the Erlichmann familie stein from the thieving Gopher fan who stole it from my establishment . Since said stein is yet to be returned to the hallowed grounds from which I write this plea I have no other recourse than to remind you that your football program is set to be cursed for another year by my dearest Oma, a decorated witch hailing from Bavaria.

If you think this curse is a farce as yourself this question: when was the last time the Gophers defeated the Badgers in football? That time frame spans just a wee bit longer than how long the Erlichmann's treasured stein has gone missing which harkened my grandmother's curse upon your pigskin pride.

So let's recap the folly of your program since the Gophers rolled into Madison last November with the Big 10 West title on the line. 1) you lost a chance to play in your first meaningful postseason game in over 50 years when you blew the halftime lead against the Badgers 2) fell to 0-3 in bowl games under the Kill regime 3) have suffered season ending injuries to numerous starters and key reserves throughout the 2015 season 4) have lost the one man who gave your program hope, national recognition and a modicum of respect in Jerry Kill 5) your new head coach is a life-long assistant coach who look like two-thirds of my regular customers at the Essen Haus and 6) your coaching staffs inability to execute junior varsity level clock-management skills cost your fandom one of the many trinkets your program futilely plays for - a ceramic water bottle. BFD! At least our 2 programs honor thy game by playing for a more worthy relic that can bludgeon the loser.

Now compare that to past 12 months of the superior mammalian mascot who will invade your stadiette this Saturday. 1) Badgers won yet another divisional Big 10 title last year 2) Badgers won yet another bowl game in the defeat of Auburn last year 3) Badgers got "their" coach in the prodigal son, Paul Chryst, and not some by-default, discount-priced assistant 4) In the eyes of our fans we are having a down year having won only 8 games which is the definition of a most successful season in the Gophersotan language.

So to recap: the Gopher fan who still has the stein from the Essen Haus is to return it to its proper locale otherwise your football program will face another 12 months of cursed existence. Return said stein and my grandmother will lift her curse upon Gopher football and you may once again prosper against the great programs of the Big 10 West - Iowa, Wisconsin and Nebraska.

Now compare that to past 12 months of the superior mammalian mascot who will invade your stadiette this Saturday.

Given this author's astonishing ignorance of basic biology (who could be such a fool as to not understand that the Gopher, like the badger, is a mammal), the only sane recourse is to reject this word-vomit in its entirety.

I will make my annual plea, PLEASE RETURN THIS STEIN!!! It's tough enough for us to beat Wisconsin as is, we don't need the added challenge of having to overcome the curse as well.

Go Gophers!!

I love this! Now we only need Beavcoon (or his imposter Beavcoon1) and life will be good.

Hiatus no more!
Stars align at TCF
Gopher Victory!

Badgers Defeated
The Stein Legend is Broken
Gopherland Rejoices!

Just admit it, Detlef: You lost the stein in a game of 6-5-4.

Stein curse? Really? I spit on your stein and piss on your mascot.

These recent cursed years seem better than an average Gopher cellar dwell season...

Picture of the stein please. I plum forgot what it looks like.

Haha. He does have a good point about Clayes looking like a regular of that joint.

Yes, tis I, Detlef Erlichmann, the owner and proprietor of the Essen Haus in Madison. I dutifully return to this obscure portal of the interwebs to make my annual plea to the dwindling Gopher masses. In case you are new to the lost cause that is Gopher football follow this link(s) to come up to speed:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?58290-Stein-Time-beyotches!&p=979181#post979181

Suffice it to say that since I'm wasting my time writing to this wretched forum I've yet to receive the Erlichmann familie stein from the thieving Gopher fan who stole it from my establishment . Since said stein is yet to be returned to the hallowed grounds from which I write this plea I have no other recourse than to remind you that your football program is set to be cursed for another year by my dearest Oma, a decorated witch hailing from Bavaria.

If you think this curse is a farce as yourself this question: when was the last time the Gophers defeated the Badgers in football? That time frame spans just a wee bit longer than how long the Erlichmann's treasured stein has gone missing which harkened my grandmother's curse upon your pigskin pride.

So let's recap the folly of your program since the Gophers rolled into Madison last November with the Big 10 West title on the line. 1) you lost a chance to play in your first meaningful postseason game in over 50 years when you blew the halftime lead against the Badgers 2) fell to 0-3 in bowl games under the Kill regime 3) have suffered season ending injuries to numerous starters and key reserves throughout the 2015 season 4) have lost the one man who gave your program hope, national recognition and a modicum of respect in Jerry Kill 5) your new head coach is a life-long assistant coach who look like two-thirds of my regular customers at the Essen Haus and 6) your coaching staffs inability to execute junior varsity level clock-management skills cost your fandom one of the many trinkets your program futilely plays for - a ceramic water bottle. BFD! At least our 2 programs honor thy game by playing for a more worthy relic that can bludgeon the loser.

Now compare that to past 12 months of the superior mammalian mascot who will invade your stadiette this Saturday. 1) Badgers won yet another divisional Big 10 title last year 2) Badgers won yet another bowl game in the defeat of Auburn last year 3) Badgers got "their" coach in the prodigal son, Paul Chryst, and not some by-default, discount-priced assistant 4) In the eyes of our fans we are having a down year having won only 8 games which is the definition of a most successful season in the Gophersotan language.

So to recap: the Gopher fan who still has the stein from the Essen Haus is to return it to its proper locale otherwise your football program will face another 12 months of cursed existence. Return said stein and my grandmother will lift her curse upon Gopher football and you may once again prosper against the great programs of the Big 10 West - Iowa, Wisconsin and Nebraska.

You overslept this season. Clearly the "curse" is no longer effective.

It's probably one of those cheap glass boots the sell beer out of down there.

Haha. He does have a good point about Clayes looking like a regular of that joint.

So does Chryst who was mediocre at best at Pitt and with an easy schedule about the same as Anderson, but we all know Alvarez is the one calling the shots, as long as he's around the coach is a puppet. It's why that fat pig Bielema went south. So when we win Saturday, what's this guy going to do next year when he still doesn't have a stein and no curse?

I will make my annual plea, PLEASE RETURN THIS STEIN!!! It's tough enough for us to beat Wisconsin as is, we don't need the added challenge of having to overcome the curse as well.

Go Gophers!!

This! FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY SOMEONE RETURN THE DAMN STEIN! GIVE THEM BOB STEIN TOO!!!!!

Someone dig up an old crusty mug from their basement and replace this dude's drinkware so we can put this curse to rest.

Someone dig up an old crusty mug from their basement and replace this dude's drinkware so we can put this curse to rest.

I am searching the White Mountains of Arizona for just such a thing, but all I am finding is broken pieces of ancient Native American artifacts.

Nein stein!

Just curious, how much is this prized stein worth to you?

Nothing would make me happier than if the gopher fan who stole this stein gave it to goldy to parade around the field saturday.

He can have the Stein when we get the Slab of Bacon. Lying, cheating pricks...

Still have a jug and pork left over from last year, just need a little firewood cut this year.

The answer here is obvious...and it's NOT to return the stein. It's to find a Bavarian witch more powerful than his grandmother who can either a) reverse the curse or b) put a curse on HER. Somebody get busy on this, please. f

Studwell55 has the Stein

I would be willing to be it was left in a tailgate lot somewhere and long forgotten. Some Badger turds took a growler from Town Hall Brewery saying it would have the same effect as the Stein "Curse". It is probably up to Studwell55 to give granny witch a poke in order to reverse the curse, since he is or was the Stein holder. Question is, is Studwell55 up to the task and willing to do his duty for Gopher Football? It is time for Studwell to fly to Bavaria and knock the dust off Detleff's Granny witch, and share some libations from the now infamous Stein.

So hypothetically, if I had a friend who possessed the stein, and this friend decided he was finally ready to return the stein, but the friend wants to ensure he remains anonymous, where would my friend leave said stein...?

So hypothetically, if I had a friend who possessed the stein, and this friend decided he was finally ready to return the stein, but the friend wants to ensure he remains anonymous, where would my friend leave said stein...?

"Friend" should anonymously send it by FedEx with return address from Victoria's Secret.

Best idea so far on this thread is to give the stein to goldy and let him chug from it after we beat the skunks tomorrow.

Top Bottom