MN Daily column: Our school spirit diminishes as the temperatures start to drop.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily:

Do you ever walk around campus and suddenly see a person wearing a T-shirt with a different school’s logo? Well, that bothers me. We go to the University of Minnesota, and we must be, first and foremost, Gophers fans.

School pride is an instrumental part of attending sporting events. The fan section is supposed to keep the team going and support them whether they win or lose. We shouldn’t be wearing Wisconsin (or even worse, Iowa) T-shirts. It defeats the point — if you’re so eager to show your support for those schools, you should have just gone there instead. You can have your preferences for other colleges’ sports, but keep them to yourself.

Coming off a big victory against Illinois on Saturday, the Gophers football team will need our support now more than ever if they hope to make it to a bowl game like we have for the last three years.

http://www.mndaily.com/opinion/columns/2015/11/23/stick-ski-u-mah-gophers

Go Gophers!!

Amen and thanks for sharing! This game is going to a great one in my opinion!

Just gotta slut shame them bitches, my group yelled at an Iowa fan so bad she actually went back her dorm changed and came back into a gopher shirt a couple years back.

Just gotta slut shame them bitches, my group yelled at an Iowa fan so bad she actually went back her dorm changed and came back into a gopher shirt a couple years back.

Slut shame, huh? You're an idiot. Way to brag about being a group of (I assume ugly, overweight sweathogs of) men who bully a girl into submission over an Iowa tshirt.

I disagree with this article! We have a great school, great enough that people from deep in rival territory want to go here. Lots of them. I assure you that is not how things are in Iowa City. Thanks for the out of state tuition bucks!

I disagree with this article! We have a great school, great enough that people from deep in rival territory want to go here. Lots of them. I assure you that is not how things are in Iowa City. Thanks for the out of state tuition bucks!

It's all well and good that we get a ton of students from eastern Wisconsin. But once you come here, QUIT WEARING BADGER CRAP! Especially around campus. That has been a problem for years, and it's nice that someone said something.

If I see a student in Wisconsin gear I'll say: " Do you really like smelling like a skunk?"

There are three surefire ways to keep school spirit high during a cold-weather game (in no particular order):

Peppermint Schnapps, Blackberry Brandy, and Slivovitz. Anisette or Akvavit also work well.

There are three surefire ways to keep school spirit high during a cold-weather game (in no particular order):

Peppermint Schnapps, Blackberry Brandy, and Slivovitz. Anisette or Akvavit also work well.

Hot 100 works quite well too

Slut shame, huh? You're an idiot. Way to brag about being a group of (I assume ugly, overweight sweathogs of) men who bully a girl into submission over an Iowa tshirt.

I had a neighbor go to aWisconsin...used to wear Minnesota stuff from time to time...that would not be ok there, now it's Wisky and only Wisky. It is not just accepted as ok to wear rivals gear on other campuses.

Out of state tuition from aWisconsin and Iowa...don't we have the reciprocity agreements in place?

I had a neighbor go to aWisconsin...used to wear Minnesota stuff from time to time...that would not be ok there, now it's Wisky and only Wisky. It is not just accepted as ok to wear rivals gear on other campuses.

Out of state tuition from aWisconsin and Iowa...don't we have the reciprocity agreements in place?
If you wear a rival's shirt in college, what you're saying if that your school isn't very important.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Not to get too far into the minutae, but with Iowa, no agreement I don't think, and Wisconsin's is as such that we charge the out of state rate per student, the student pays the in-state rate, and the states reimburse each other for that difference between the in-state and out-of-state rates (which works out really well for the state of MN each year because way more filthy, uncultured Wisconsinites cross to our campus than vice versa).

Top Bottom