BTN: Big Ten Power Rankings for 11/24 (#13. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

13. Minnesota (3-2). This appears to be a true rebuilding year for Richard Pitino, and I am still trying to figure out what the true identity of this team will be. Joey King, Nate Mason and Charles Buggs need to step up as leaders and get the supporting cast to buy-in to the process of continuing to improve regardless of the hiccups along the way. This team will win some tough games and may struggle at times. It’s all a part of the process.

http://btn.com/2015/11/23/power-rankings-michigan-state-moves-up-jon-crispins-latest-list/

Go Gophers!!

Penn State loses again to a mid-major program. They should be considered the worst team at this point.

Penn State loses again to a mid-major program. They should be considered the worst team at this point.

Appears the bottom of the conference will really stink this year. Gophers have company with Illinois, Nebraska, Penn State, Rutgers and, dare I say, Ohio State?

Appears the bottom of the conference will really stink this year. Gophers have company with Illinois, Nebraska, Penn State, Rutgers and, dare I say, Ohio State?

Agreed the top seven seem pretty clear and those are the teams that will get bids IMO. Northwestern comes in at 8th but I don't see them getting to the dance. OSU on paper is better than NW but they don't look like an outfit that's going to mesh well. Between us, Illinois, Nebraska, anyone can be anyone on a given day. I feel like it's painfully obvious that PSU and Rutgers are the two worst teams in the league. Were bad, but will give teams fits with a little more seasoning

Illinois almost losing to Chicago State was a stunner. This could be Groce's last season. I think OSU will be better than the rest of the teams you mention simply based on talent. They're young and lost to two underrated mid-majors.

I agree with your point in general, though. This team may get 6 or 7 conference wins mostly because of the weakness of their schedule and the weakness of the bottom five or six teams.

16-16 with a postseason trip to the Las Vegas 16 tournament perhaps?

If this Gopher team gets to .500 would consider it a smashing success.

Assuming we win all mid major non conference games left and go 1-1 vs Clemson/OK State you don't see us sneaking 7 wins out of the B1G schedule and tournament combined? The Gophers have looked pretty bad but so has the rest of the league not named Michigan St. Hell, Maryland has struggled to put away 2 mid majors and barely beat Georgetown.

Assuming we win all mid major non conference games left and go 1-1 vs Clemson/OK State you don't see us sneaking 7 wins out of the B1G schedule and tournament combined? The Gophers have looked pretty bad but so has the rest of the league not named Michigan St. Hell, Maryland has struggled to put away 2 mid majors and barely beat Georgetown.

That would give use a 9-3 nonconference which I think is possible even if it will be difficult. Add 6 Big Ten wins and we would finish 15-15. Play on that 1st day of the BTT against another bottom feeder and pull out a win. Lose the next one and we have a 16-16 record. I definitely think that is possible.

That would give use a 9-3 nonconference which I think is possible even if it will be difficult. Add 6 Big Ten wins and we would finish 15-15. Play on that 1st day of the BTT against another bottom feeder and pull out a win. Lose the next one and we have a 16-16 record. I definitely think that is possible.
Definitely do able. Chi State, UW Milwaukee, USD, UNO should all be wins, no excuses. SDSU we should win, but like Monroe I would put us on upset alert. Clemson at home I think we will be favored could go either way, skill wise I'd put them on par with Texas Tech. Oklahoma State is our toughest game left before conference play. I am guessing they're a little better than us, but if we hit some shots and stay out of foul trouble who knows, not impossible ti win that game on a neutral floor.

Definitely do able. Chi State, UW Milwaukee, USD, UNO should all be wins, no excuses. SDSU we should win, but like Monroe I would put us on upset alert. Clemson at home I think we will be favored could go either way, skill wise I'd put them on par with Texas Tech. Oklahoma State is our toughest game left before conference play. I am guessing they're a little better than us, but if we hit some shots and stay out of foul trouble who knows, not impossible ti win that game on a neutral floor.

I actually watched OK St play George Mason last week and they didn't look that impressive. Granted it was probably a really bad game for them but who knows. They have some decent guards but they will be better than us inside that's for sure. I wouldn't be completely shocked if we beat both them and Clemson...they also could lose 4 remaining non conference games so who knows.

Illinois being 11th is a joke. They should be 14th and its not close.

Top Bottom