2016 Scholarship Seating on mygophersports.com

homermn

Reaction score
I noticed today when checking my account that the 2016 scholarship seating donations are now available. It does appear that the previous donated increases communicated for 2016 are still moving forward. Teague or no Teague.

I know that will disappoint many, but I hope no one is surprised. This wasn't just a Teague decision, the University is committed to trying to make this work.

I just hope that we don't turn TCF Bank Stadium into the football version of Mariucci Arena.

Please explain......I'm a non-hockey guy.

Combination of big increases in seat donations plus a removal of several key rivalry games equates to a "sold out" arena (corporate donors) where anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 of the seats are vacant. The atmosphere is terrible.

Screw you U! I'm done, I've been a season ticket holder since 2000 (bought on after that 1999 season) I'm in good seats now, and I'm not paying what they want going forward. I can afford it, but there is NO demand. I have 8 tickets on the 25 yard line on the home side. There was less than half of my section with people sitting it in for the Illinois game Saturday. Then, they decide to RAISE prices. My GOD, if they lose to Wisconsin on Saturday, the season ticket base is going to decimated, and the U will play in front of 30k when they open with Oregon St next year.

Screw you U! I'm done, I've been a season ticket holder since 2000 (bought on after that 1999 season) I'm in good seats now, and I'm not paying what they want going forward. I can afford it, but there is NO demand. I have 8 tickets on the 25 yard line on the home side. There was less than half of my section with people sitting it in for the Illinois game Saturday. Then, they decide to RAISE prices. My GOD, if they lose to Wisconsin on Saturday, the season ticket base is going to decimated, and the U will play in front of 30k when they open with Oregon St next year.

easy big fella.....The U was undercharging for seats in a brand new stadium so the increase seems OMG CRAZYYYYYY. here's a sugar cube...let me rub yer nose - atta boy.

I paid $580 all in last year per seat (or $4,640 with all 8). This year I'm at $780 (or $6,240 all in), next year they want $930 per or ($7,440 all in )

Sorry, I honestly struggle to get rid of tickets most games that U has me paying $140/game next season. I honestly couldn't get $20/piece on stubhub and they think I should be in for $140 per? I feel like my 8 seats have about a 3k value per year, and I was good with donating the difference. I wasn't happy, but Ok with donating the 3,200 difference, I'm not OK with a $4,440 difference. I'm done. I've bought 8 season tickets between the 20s every year at TCF, and had 8 season tickets for 9 seasons at the dome prior. I've honestly dumped over 60k on season tickets the past 16 years, and I'm done. My Gopher score is in the top 200 of all account holders....if they've pissed off #189, I'm guessing those in the 10k-17k range are on my side. God Damn Megatongue

Dropped my tix before this year (after like 15-years). I bought tix for TCU & WI thru the U but could have got cheaper from StubHub. Also went to MI and NE saving $ over season tix both times. Didn't bother with KSU or Ohio and had a conflict for IL and so I let it be. Overall, way ahead $ by not renewing. No regrets.

must be new to GH as this was last years debate as well. I agree with you-- I was a ST holder going back to the Mason days but could not get past outrageousness of the increase for the 5 tickets I had. By 2017 by tickets all in cost would have been around $84 per game per seat-- so $420 for my family of 5 to attend a game without adding in concessions. I have not missed renewing one bit and have been to the TCU, Kent State, Michigan and Illinois games. I have yet to pay anything close to face value. I have yet to see a specific perk of having season tickets that I cannot get buying them in the secondary market.

Dropped my tix before this year (after like 15-years). I bought tix for TCU & WI thru the U but could have got cheaper from StubHub. Also went to MI and NE saving $ over season tix both times. Didn't bother with KSU or Ohio and had a conflict for IL and so I let it be. Overall, way ahead $ by not renewing. No regrets.

I hear you. I went to TCU and Michigan. Quite happy with my decision to drop season tickets.

Perhaps you guys should start a new thread where you can verbally jerk each other off about how great it is to drop your season tickets!

Perhaps you guys should start a new thread where you can verbally jerk each other off about how great it is to drop your season tickets!

What would be the point? You would still go in that thread and complain about them.

Very similar for me. Dropped this year but still went to all the September games. Ended up with conflicts for almost all the rest anywaay.

Me too. Didn't spend over $20 per game and watched most of them standing at the 50....

Stop it guys. You're getting me all sticky.

This is a very logical approach given new ticket prices. Regarding the fan base at large, this can go a couple of ways in the short term. In the long run, there is probably only one outcome.

In the short term, the U will probably do okay with next year's ticket renewals if we beat the skunks this Saturday. If this happens and we win whatever phony bowl game we play in, many renew. Except for corporate sells, I doubt there will be many new season tickets buyers. If we lose on Saturday, there will most likely be a noticeable drop in renewals. The U may not care if they are consolidating good seats for the corporate clients.

If we beat WI this year and win at least eight games next year, most season ticket holders will renew for another year. They will probably need nine or more wins to sell more season tickets. If they win seven or less games next year, look for a significant drop in renewals.

The problem in the long run is that season ticket holders will have very little tolerance for anything but eight or more wins on a consistent basis. This scenario is unlikely and it is just a matter of time before the high cost of season tickets leave a large number of empty seats.

The homers on this site will defiantly cry fowl but they are a small minority. The water cooler talk of the more moderate fans is that you have to be stupid to pay season ticket prices when you can scalp them for a fraction of the cost and/or watch from the comfort of your home. I like to think I'm only half-stupid by keeping two of four tickets.

Like golden, I got tired of buying tickets I couldn't give away for most games or could only scalp for a measly $10 or $20 for an opponent like OSU. Spoofs is taking the route I believe a lot of current season ticket holders will be taking in the near future. The prices being charged this year and next make it inevitable unless we become a consistent nine or 10 win team.

It seems that some are missing the point here. Yes, being a season ticket holder costs more than buying from scalpers right now. If all you are looking for is the cheapest tickets, you have an obvious choice.

If, however, you are looking to support the Gopher football and athletics program, then season tickets are a way to do that...and some of that extra cost is tax deductible. This is the way that modern college athletics are funded, whether we like it or not.

The price increases are making me think about my choice and I can understand whatever choice each person makes.

Time will tell whether it will be good or bad in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think them removing the temporary viking seats will help with some of the available seats. However I think this year we benefited from the great 2-game packs with WI, TCU, Mich and Neb as quality teams. Next year only Iowa will be the big draw and those lesser NC games will be a tough sell

It seems that some are missing the point here. Yes, being a season ticket holder costs more than buying from scalpels right now. If all you are looking for is the cheapest tickets, you have an obvious choice.

If, however, you are looking to support the Gopher football and athletics program, then season tickets are a way to do that...and some of that extra cost is tax deductible. This is the way that modern college athletics are funded, whether we like it or not.

The price increases are making me to think about my choice and I can understand whatever choice each person makes.

Time will tell whether it will be good or bad in the long run.

This is spot on. If you want to support a team in modern times it comes with significant costs- even poor Oregon State fans out here (of which I've been one) pay $700 per seat for 20 yard line seats. Now that my son transferred to an out-state school I'm using the $ to come back to TCF a couple times a year. If I lived in Mpls I'd be spending it on tix- it's worth every cent. If you're looking for cheap entertainment use Stub Hub, if you want to support a program pony up.

This is spot on. If you want to support a team in modern times it comes with significant costs- even poor Oregon State fans out here (of which I've been one) pay $700 per seat for 20 yard line seats. Now that my son transferred to an out-state school I'm using the $ to come back to TCF a couple times a year. If I lived in Mpls I'd be spending it on tix- it's worth every cent. If you're looking for cheap entertainment use Stub Hub, if you want to support a program pony up.

Somehow I think the U will be fine whether or not Spoofin ponies up for 4 tix. I get why folks want season tix. Go at it. I did for 15 years. But the battle cry of most that do is somewhat pathetic IMO when at the root it is trying to feel better about their decision.

Somehow I think the U will be fine whether or not Spoofin ponies up for 4 tix. I get why folks want season tix. Go at it. I did for 15 years. But the battle cry of most that do is somewhat pathetic IMO when at the root it is trying to feel better about their decision.

As opposed to the glee expressed by most who have dropped or will drop their tickets about an empty stadium and bottom of the barrel football budget.

Generalizing is fun.

As opposed to the glee expressed by most who have dropped or will drop their tickets about an empty stadium and bottom of the barrel football budget.

Generalizing is fun.

I feel glee in saving $. Nothing more.

I feel glee in saving $. Nothing more.

No glee for me in dropping. Just plain couldn't justify spending that much money on tickets. Basically I got priced out of tickets.

No glee for me in dropping. Just plain couldn't justify spending that much money on tickets. Basically I got priced out of tickets.

You didn't get priced out of tickets, because you could have moved to a different section for the same price or LOWER than what you were paying last year. Some sections in the stadium didn't move up at all over the "3 Year Scholarship Seating Plan". If people want to give their tickets up, that's their choice. But you can't say you've been priced out, because the same low price level is still an option.

You didn't get priced out of tickets, because you could have moved to a different section for the same price or LOWER than what you were paying last year. Some sections in the stadium didn't move up at all over the "3 Year Scholarship Seating Plan". If people want to give their tickets up, that's their choice. But you can't say you've been priced out, because the same low price level is still an option.

So let's say you've been buying ford tauruses your whole life. Ford raises the price 20% to the point you can't afford it anymore. Dealer says hey just buy the festiva. You would buy the festiva right?

Top Bottom