***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA V TEXAS TECH, PITINO V TUBBY IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I think too much is being made about Tubby's quote. He may have just simply be referring the U administration, particularly Teague and Ellis, not the fans. It's not a secret that Teague was out for Tubby when he was hired. Tubby would've had to have made it to the Final Four to save his job that season. That cake was baked. I don't think Tubby was talking about the fans.
Finally someone reads properly between the lines. +1

Agree with the above. Tubby's arrow clearly was aimed at the Horny Boys, Teague and Ellis. Even a good man like Tubby deep down had to feel some delight seeing those two Wonderboy frauds exposed.

Best of luck to Tubby and Richard. Pulling for both coaches to be successful at their current schools.

Agree with the above. Tubby's arrow clearly was aimed at the Horny Boys, Teague and Ellis. Even a good man like Tubby deep down had to feel some delight seeing those two Wonderboy frauds exposed. Best of luck to Tubby and Richard. Pulling for both coaches to be successful at their current schools.

Yup. Tubby was treated like dirt by Teague and Ellis from the start. It's tough for anyone to do their job with such little support from their supervisors and administration.

Apparently Tubby has memory issues and doesn't remember his introductory press conference and first couple years. At the time it was the biggest non-game related sports hysteria I can recall in Minnesota (later eclipsed by a certain QB.)

Tubby isn't any different from 1,000 other coaches with big egos. But it wasn't his lack of class that got him canned at the U, it was a program treading water at best.

Tubby isn't any different from 1,000 other coaches with big egos. But it wasn't his lack of class that got him canned at the U, it was a program treading water at best.
I wish this conversation would just die. Unfortunately when people use extreme hyperbole and completely inaccurate comments like the above to "prove" their "point" that resurrects this stupid argument. Those that feel the need to protect tubby, please let this comment go by without "proving" him "wrong" and can we all just move on.

Tubbys exit was/is highly open to interpretation based on our own viewpoints of the progress or lack there of in the program. the only facts are that tubby left the program after experiencing success the program hadn't seen recently and he is now coaching elsewhere.

The rest is pointless and frankly, arguing for or against him makes this place unreadable

I wish this conversation would just die. Unfortunately when people use extreme hyperbole and completely inaccurate comments like the above to "prove" their "point" that resurrects this stupid argument. Those that feel the need to protect tubby, please let this comment go by without "proving" him "wrong" and can we all just move on.

Tubbys exit was/is highly open to interpretation based on our own viewpoints of the progress or lack there of in the program. the only facts are that tubby left the program after experiencing success the program hadn't seen recently and he is now coaching elsewhere.

The rest is pointless and frankly, arguing for or against him makes this place unreadable

Especially when you consider it is the only subject people disagree on and debate here.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom