***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS MISSOURI STATE IN-GAME THREAD***

Texas Tech up 9 at half. 30 minutes from an intriguing consolation game.

Ouch! I resemble that remark! I'm retreating to my safe space so I don't have to read it any more!
No no! Please don't! Its always the people who should recognize themselves and don't. Just my way of saying its going to be a long season of hyperbole here.

Pretty much an awful performance today. Outside of Bakary continuing to look like he can at least contribute at the high major level, there wasn't a lot to be excited about for the future. From a coaching perspective, I should go back and watch the second half again because on first viewing I had no idea what the Gophers were even trying to run offensively- lots of standing around and really poor shots taken by various players. The most glaring thing about this team is its refusal to make any box out hits. Jordan Murphy, in particular, just turns around and stares at the shot as it caroms off the rim.

Hope to see a better performance next time out. Today they looked like a team that could end up 14th in the conference.

Pretty much an awful performance today. Outside of Bakary continuing to look like he can at least contribute at the high major level, there wasn't a lot to be excited about for the future. From a coaching perspective, I should go back and watch the second half again because on first viewing I had no idea what the Gophers were even trying to run offensively- lots of standing around and really poor shots taken by various players. The most glaring thing about this team is its refusal to make any box out hits. Jordan Murphy, in particular, just turns around and stares at the shot as it caroms off the rim.

Hope to see a better performance next time out. Today they looked like a team that could end up 14th in the conference.

It was an awful preformance against the zone. We were killing them when they played man to man.

To me the team looks like they just don't have a lot of things installed yet. No press, almost no zone offense. Little to no creativity on inbounds plays.

Coach impressed me early on in his career when he nearly diantled a Syracuse 2-3 zone in his first big game. This team hasn't looked anything like what we've seen/heard pitino talk about.

You seem to be the overly sensitive one. You could be right, you could be way off, give it some time before you write him off and want him off the team.

I'm not saying I want him forced off the team. I just doubt his ability to improve to the point where he would be worth more than someone else we could recruit and I doubt his ability to get meaningful minutes next year when Lynch is active and two more forwards arrive. It is my opinion that transferring would be a win-win situation in his case. This is a message board and my comment was hardly out of line.

****, Texas Tech just beat Miss St. by 2. Our nightmare has come true.

Pretty good stuff in this thread. 3 games into their career and this freshmen class is marginal at best and today's performance proves there is isn't a lot about the future to be excited about. All it took was 3 games or as one expert pointed out only took 1 game to come to this conclusion.

Makes me feel a little better to see that a ranked Butler team had their hands full with Temple- beating them by 5.

Exactly

Makes me feel a little better to see that a ranked Butler team had their hands full with Temple- beating them by 5.

We are a work in progress. I don't think it is impossible that we surprise people this year. For perspective... I argued Joey King as a Gopher was a good thing. Tons of people said as a slow, unimpressive Drake guy he'd never help us. Now he's our leading scorer and some people still don't like him. You can't deny he has improved and grown as a player. He is our only shooter. Morris is also clearly a better player in year two.

Somebody out of those freshmen will emerge this season ...it just takes time. Konate and Buggs are already playing better than many would of expected.

Pitino's teams compete. How many times have they been blown out in three years? The starters have to stay healthy...I will say that.

Dorsey reminds me of a better shot-blocking version of Nolen. His blocks have been pretty damn impressive. Buggs has had some sweet blocks too. I've been very pleasantly surprised by him. Really excited about next year's team. It will be nice to finally have some depth. I can't really see Gas playing any minutes next year.

I don't understand all the Morris and King bashing that goes on here. They have limitations, sure, but this team will win games because of Morris and King this year, not despite them.

Have to just ignore them if they haven't realized they are our best options for a lot more reasons than just winning games.

Top Bottom