2015 Head Coach Vacancies

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Guessing he ends up there. He's done a great job at Navy, his son is a LB'er at BYU and his other son is going to Boise State after his mission is complete (2018). Probably right time in his career and with his family to make that move.

Guessing he ends up there. He's done a great job at Navy, his son is a LB'er at BYU and his other son is going to Boise State after his mission is complete (2018). Probably right time in his career and with his family to make that move.
An option offense at BYU just isn't right.

Fordham HC Joe Moorhead officially announces departure to become offensive coordinator of Penn State

It is odd he would leave Western Illinois for USD. He might regret that. Not even the top football college in South Dakota (SDSU).

Don't forget human elements. Maybe he didn't like his AD. Maybe he has family in SD. Maybe his wife said she was moving and he was welcome to come with if he wanted...

I suspect, the move is more family motivated, that area can have a very stratified class structure, that is stifling. I had a friend that applied for a job about 75 miles away, he was told that, he would belong to a country club and which one he would join, He said no thanks!

I suspect, the move is more family motivated, that area can have a very stratified class structure, that is stifling. I had a friend that applied for a job about 75 miles away, he was told that, he would belong to a country club and which one he would join, He said no thanks!

In Macomb, IL? I have no idea if he has family in SD, but he's spent the majority of his career between eastern Iowa, Wisconsin, and then Duluth. Most of those places are closer to Macomb, IL than they are to Vermillion, SD. Maybe there were issues with the administration? I have no idea, just thought it was odd.

In Macomb, IL? I have no idea if he has family in SD, but he's spent the majority of his career between eastern Iowa, Wisconsin, and then Duluth. Most of those places are closer to Macomb, IL than they are to Vermillion, SD. Maybe there were issues with the administration? I have no idea, just thought it was odd.
Macomb IL is due east of the IA/MO border. Socially it's more like Missouri than the Upper Mid West, I had a long conversation with an acquaintance who was a rep for upper end furniture manufacturers, he agreed that, from Des Moines south the social structure was definitely southern in character.

Don't forget human elements. Maybe he didn't like his AD. Maybe he has family in SD. Maybe his wife said she would move anywhere except South Dakota and he immediately jumped at taking a pay cut, horrendous working conditions, terrible fans and facilities...

FIFY

Of the thirteen Big 5 conference schools that made coaching changes, eight hired assistants coaches or gave the job full-time to the interim coaches. I thought it was interesting so many teams didn't go the head coaching route. i think it also showed the lack of strong candidates.

Oregon State will have a new DC when we open the season against them next year. There current one is the new HC of BYU.

Oregon State will have a new DC when we open the season against them next year. There current one is the new HC of BYU.
Too bad, per ESPN: "Oregon State struggled defensively this season under Sitake, ranking 116th out of 128 FBS teams in total defense."

per CBS:

Dennis Franchione's second run at Texas State has come to an end.

Multiple reports, including one from Fox Sports' Bruce Feldman, point to Coach Fran stepping down from his post as the Bobcats' coach hours before his message to players was released, via Keff Ciardello.

"I wish that it was possible to be talking to you in a team meeting rather than this email," Franchione said in his message to players. "After a great deal of evaluation, starting with myself, I have decided that you and our team are in need of a new leader of this program.

"I have decided to step down as head football coach. I hope that you feel that I have always tried to put your academic, athletic and personal goals as our priority. I want to thank you for our time together. I have truly enjoyed being your head coach. If I can ever be of help to you in any way, please don't hesitate to contact me. Good luck and Go Bobcats."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ennis-franchione-stepping-down-at-texas-state

Go Gophers!!

Teams that have hired new head coaches

Bowling Green hired Mike Jinks to replace Dino Babers
BYU hired Kalani Sitake to replace Bronco Mendenhall

East Carolina hired Scottie Montgomery to replace Ruffin McNeil
Illinois promoted Bill Cubit to replace Tim Beckman
Iowa State hired Matt Campbell to replace Paul Rhoads
Georgia expected to hire Kirby Smart to replace Mark Richt
Georgia Southern reportedly hired Tyson Summers to replace Willie Fritz
Hawaii hired Nick Rolovich to replace Norm Chow
Maryland hired D.J. Durkin to replace Randy Edsall
Memphis hired Mike Norvell to replace Justin Fuente
Miami hired Mark Richt to replace Al Golden
Minnesota hired interim Tracy Claeys to replace Jerry Kill
Missouri promoted Barry Odom to replace Gary Pinkel
North Texas reportedly hiring Seth Littrell to replace Dan McCarney
Rutgers hired Chris Ash to replace Kyle Flood
South Carolina expected to hire Will Muschamp to replace Steve Spurrier
Syracuse reportedly hiring Dino Babers to replace Scott Shafer
Toledo promoted Jason Candle to replace Matt Campbell
Tulane hired Willie Fritz to replace Curtis Johnson
UCF hired Scott Frost to replace George O'Leary
ULM hired Matt Viator to replace Todd Berry
USC promoted Clay Helton to replace Steve Sarkisian
Virginia hired Bronco Mendenhall to replace Mike London
Virginia Tech hired Justin Fuente to replace Frank Beamer

Teams with coaching vacancies

Ball State lost Pete Lembo to a Maryland assistant job
Texas State's Dennis Franchione retired

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...coaching-rumors-jobs-candidates-carousel-2015

Too bad, per ESPN: "Oregon State struggled defensively this season under Sitake, ranking 116th out of 128 FBS teams in total defense."

Not necessarily- the cupboard was bare this year in Corvalis

Former Gophers DC gets HC position:

Go Gophers!!

Yikes, this is awful timing for Southern Miss. Really weird considering he more than likely won't even be the offensive play caller at Tampa as their head coach, Dirk Koetter, probably will.

Top Bottom