2015 Head Coach Vacancies

DL65

Reaction score
There are several prime head coaching positions that are awaiting new leadership and there'll probably be several more at seasons end.

Will Bo Pelini return to the FBS next year? He's presently coaching at Youngstown State. Given his record at Nebraska, I would think he's on some of the coaching lists at the power conferences.

Go Gophers!!

There are several prime head coaching positions that are awaiting new leadership and there'll probably be several more at seasons end.

Will Bo Pelini return to the FBS next year? He's presently coaching at Youngstown State. Given his record at Nebraska, I would think he's on some of the coaching lists at the power conferences.

Go Gophers!!

Good point. He also appears to get along well with players. Never heard about him being abusive toward players. Illinois may be interested?

How did Youngstown st do this year??

They're 5 & 5 with one game remaining.

Four of the five losses were very close; the only loss that wasn't close was against South Dakota State University. 38-9. Last Saturday Youngstown State lost to the NDSU Bison, 27-24.

Go Gophers!

They're 5 & 5 with one game remaining.

Four of the five losses were very close; the only loss that wasn't close was against South Dakota State University. 38-9. Last Saturday Youngstown State loss to the NDSU Bison, 27-24.

Go Gophers!

He went nuts during ND game last Saturday.

LOL, is this a joke thread, or did you guys seriously not see his meltdown during the game last weekend?

Do yourselves a favor and Google it. This guy is a ticking timebomb and no reputable program would touch him with a 10 foot pole (not to mention that he still employs his brother Carl the cokehead as an assistant).

Pelini

LOL, is this a joke thread, or did you guys seriously not see his meltdown during the game last weekend?

Do yourselves a favor and Google it. This guy is a ticking timebomb and no reputable program would touch him with a 10 foot pole (not to mention that he still employs his brother Carl the cokehead as an assistant).

Here is a link for those who don't want to google it http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25375231/bo-pelini-chews-out-refs-draws-2-flags-at-end-of-youngstown-st-loss

No one said he would be hired for certain, just that he could be on some team's list. My guess is that will happen.

He went nuts during ND game last Saturday.

I watched that game on DVR. Bo's meltdown was classic.

In his defense, YSU was on the short end of a few tough calls at the end of the game, helped decide the outcome.

It was still funny as hell though

I watched that game on DVR. Bo's meltdown was classic.

In his defense, YSU was on the short end of a few tough calls at the end of the game, helped decide the outcome.

It was still funny as hell though

If you watched it all, you know it was more than a few. Gopher fans would've had multiple threads ripping the officials. I don't blame him for being pissed one bit. The refs handed that game to ndsu. And for a team that won't make postseason, this was their bowl game so I can understand the emotion. You could see it in the players as well. Now I'm not saying what Bo did was right. But to make it out like he lost his mind over one marginal call is ridiculous. The refs decided the game for a team that looked like they really didn't deserve to win and Bo lost it.

That all being said, will be hard to put Bo on a short list given YSUs record this year, but you never know

In terms of getting all the calls, it's adorable that ndsu is the "Ohio State" of the high school+ level. Grand Forks must be proud!;)

There Are Now 13 Head Coach Openings

Brett McMurphy ESPN:

Now 13 FBS openings: Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa State, Maryland, Miami, Missouri, North Texas, South Carolina, UCF, ULM, USC, Virginia Tech, Syracuse

Another Coaching Spot Opened Today

Iowa State University has fired head football coach Paul Rhoads. According to Cyclone fans and friends, yesterday's terrible loss/ending at Kansas State was the final straw.

Go Gophers!!

Obviously Texas is not good this year, but I never thought I'd see the day where Iowa State shuts out Texas...and the Iowa State coach is the one that gets fired at the end of the year.

Rumors already swirling that they'll go after ken niumatalolo

Rumors already swirling that they'll go after ken niumatalolo

They could win the Big12 with that hire. How much time would those defenses focus on that offense with all the spread and uptempo play? That would be a HR for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always liked Rhoades, but this was bound to happen. Couple Mason-esque losses this year where the team completely went off the rails late in games. There's a tough road to hoe down there in Ames. Very tough place to build a winner. I've got several friends and family who attended ISU, so I've got an affinity for the place. Hope the next staff is successful, but it's hard to imagine.

They could win the Big12 with that hire. How much time would those defenses focus on that offense with all the spread and uptempo play? That would be a HR for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree. Niumatalolo would be perfect for them. As would Troy Calhoun.

Either would be crazy to leave their current gigs for Iowa State - dead end job.

Is it any more of a dead end job than, say, Washington State? Is Iowa State at any more of a disadvantage in their conference than Navy or Air Force are in theirs?

If either of them ever wants to coach at a Power 5 school, a job like Iowa State is probably the only chance they'll ever have.

Is it any more of a dead end job than, say, Washington State? Is Iowa State at any more of a disadvantage in their conference than Navy or Air Force are in theirs?

If either of them ever wants to coach at a Power 5 school, a job like Iowa State is probably the only chance they'll ever have.

Washington State can recruit California, so yes, Iowa State is much more of a dead end job. (Don't mention Texas in this respect to Ames either) In addition, Wazzu has actually won a conference title this century, Iowa State hasn't won one since, ever.

And if you are a coach and have the bolded opinion, you can't hack it in a P5 to begin with. Iowa State and Kansas are dead end jobs, that any self respecting coach should avoid.

No it's not. You are mediocre there, Auburn calls, and then you win the national championship.

What do you think the price tag on that national championship was? And I'm not referring to Chizik's salary or termination buyout 2 years later.

Washington State can recruit California, so yes, Iowa State is much more of a dead end job. (Don't mention Texas in this respect to Ames either)

Why can you recruit California kids to Pullman better than you could recruit Texas kids to Ames. The distances are pretty much the same.

And if you are a coach and have the bolded opinion, you can't hack it in a P5 to begin with.

What sense does that even make? Should they stop running the triple option at Air Force and Navy?

Top Bottom