2015 Head Coach Vacancies

Dino Babers to UCF.

NFL.com: Ranking the 14 college head-coaching vacancies

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000567353/article/ranking-the-15-college-headcoaching-vacancies

1. Georgia
Why it's desirable: The Bulldogs will pay top dollar for the right guy, and Georgia is a destination-type job with a winning tradition and a fan base that is more forgiving than some of the SEC's other top-shelf teams. The program recruits itself within the state, which is no small benefit, because Georgia is laden with top high school talent. On top of that, from a competition standpoint, the new coach will catch the SEC East on its collective heels.

Why it's not: It's a stretch to find any real negative here, but one short-term concern is an absolute mess of a quarterback situation.

Perfect fit: Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart.

2. South Carolina
Why it's desirable: The fan support is off the charts, particularly for a program that hasn't tasted championship wine. Yet for a rabid fan base, the Gamecocks won't be too demanding too quickly, considering the new hire will inherit one of the SEC's worst teams. South Carolina also has the means to pay its new coach and his staff handsomely.

Why it's not: Who wants to follow Steve Spurrier? Replacing the guy who won more games than anyone in school history will create automatic comparisons. It's also in a division with sleeping giants Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. The first of those programs to wake up will be highly problematic for the Gamecocks.

Perfect fit: Arizona head coach Rich Rodriguez.

4. Miami (Fla.)
Why it's desirable: One, the tradition there is hard to match. Two, it's squarely amid the most fertile recruiting ground in the country. When Miami is truly getting its pick of players in South Florida -- and that means beating Florida and FSU for them -- the Hurricanes are legitimate ACC contenders. As for recruiting kids outside the region, it's Miami. It sells itself.

Why it's not: Except for an easily rallied band of well-meaning former 'Canes stars, there is zero support. Fans aren't showing up -- the crowd for the 58-0 loss to Clemson looked countable by hand -- and Sun Life Stadium is nearly an hour drive from campus. What's more, UM doesn't spend money on a level with the powerhouse programs it wants to rejoin.

Perfect fit: Alabama offensive line coach Mario Cristobal...

Here are the teams changing head coaches so far

Bowling Green is expected to lose Dino Babers to UCF
Illinois hired interim Bill Cubit to replace the fired Tim Beckman
Iowa State hired Matt Campbell to replace Paul Rhoads
Hawaii hired Nevada OC Nick Rolovich to replace the fired Norm Chow
Georgia parted ways with Mark Richt
Maryland fired Randy Edsall
Memphis lost Justin Fuente to Virginia Tech
Miami fired Al Golden
Missouri's Gary Pinkel will resign
Minnesota hired interim Tracy Claeys to replace the retired Jerry Kill
North Texas fired Dan McCarney
Rutgers reportedly fired Kyle Flood
South Carolina's Steve Spurrier resigned
Syracuse fired Scott Shafer
Toledo lost Matt Campbell to Iowa State
Tulane fired Curtis Johnson
UCF is expected to hire Dino Babers to replace George O'Leary
ULM fired Todd Berry
USC hired interim Clay Helton as Head Coach after 1st victory over UCLA since 2011.
Virginia announced the departure of Mike London
Virginia Tech hired Justin Fuente to replace Frank Beamer

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/uscnow/la-sp-usc-clay-helton-20151130-story.html

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000567353/article/ranking-the-15-college-headcoaching-vacancies

1. Georgia
Why it's desirable: The Bulldogs will pay top dollar for the right guy, and Georgia is a destination-type job with a winning tradition and a fan base that is more forgiving than some of the SEC's other top-shelf teams. The program recruits itself within the state, which is no small benefit, because Georgia is laden with top high school talent. On top of that, from a competition standpoint, the new coach will catch the SEC East on its collective heels.

Why it's not: It's a stretch to find any real negative here, but one short-term concern is an absolute mess of a quarterback situation.

Perfect fit: Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart.

2. South Carolina
Why it's desirable: The fan support is off the charts, particularly for a program that hasn't tasted championship wine. Yet for a rabid fan base, the Gamecocks won't be too demanding too quickly, considering the new hire will inherit one of the SEC's worst teams. South Carolina also has the means to pay its new coach and his staff handsomely.

Why it's not: Who wants to follow Steve Spurrier? Replacing the guy who won more games than anyone in school history will create automatic comparisons. It's also in a division with sleeping giants Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. The first of those programs to wake up will be highly problematic for the Gamecocks.

Perfect fit: Arizona head coach Rich Rodriguez.

4. Miami (Fla.)
Why it's desirable: One, the tradition there is hard to match. Two, it's squarely amid the most fertile recruiting ground in the country. When Miami is truly getting its pick of players in South Florida -- and that means beating Florida and FSU for them -- the Hurricanes are legitimate ACC contenders. As for recruiting kids outside the region, it's Miami. It sells itself.

Why it's not: Except for an easily rallied band of well-meaning former 'Canes stars, there is zero support. Fans aren't showing up -- the crowd for the 58-0 loss to Clemson looked countable by hand -- and Sun Life Stadium is nearly an hour drive from campus. What's more, UM doesn't spend money on a level with the powerhouse programs it wants to rejoin.

Perfect fit: Alabama offensive line coach Mario Cristobal...

Rutgers below UCF, Memphis, and Toledo? Gtfo of here with that nonsense. Any Big Ten job is by default a better job than any Group of 5 job.

Rutgers below UCF, Memphis, and Toledo? Gtfo of here with that nonsense. Any Big Ten job is by default a better job than any Group of 5 job.

11. Rutgers
Why it's desirable: It's a Big Ten job, and the new coach will have the benefit of being part of a clean-slate overhaul in the athletic department.

Why it's not: Where to begin? From the athletic department's financial woes to the program's losing history, there are few Power Five schools where more work must be done.

LSU came their senses and decided to keep Les Miles.

But in doing so, they have damaged the brand and made a fool out of themselves. The AD is inept and has meddled too much in the football program. It was Joe Alleva's money business that found The Chief John Chavis leaving LSU for Texas AM. That fiasco is still in court. And now this mishandling of what should be a non issue should be a wake up call to the administration to remove the AD.

Les Miles is the best fit in Baton Rogue. His problem is too much talent. Too many players leaving early for the NFL. When he won the National Title he had depth, now he has too many true freshman and sophomores. If he could only find a QB. Does that sound familiar?

The Mad Hatter deserved better, and I think he has a long memory.

He would be a big time hire for either Maryland or Rutgers. Though it's hard to believe Miami doesn't call him to the alma mater.

Mark Richt

Richt should come here to be OC and QB coach. Make it so TC

He would be a big time hire for either Maryland or Rutgers. Though it's hard to believe Miami doesn't call him to the alma mater.
I believe that he had been contacted, but rumors are, that Butch Davis will be hired by Wednesday or Thursday. Richt has said that he's been contacted by five teams.

I found his posting that he had a home visit and dinner with Julian Rochester interesting.https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkRicht
I didn't think that type of stuff is allowed. Kill would always state "Can't talk about recruits" with Sid and Dave.

I'd be surprised if Richt would want to be the head coach of a team in rebuilding mode like Maryland and Rutgers.

I'd be surprised if Richt would want to be the head coach of a team in rebuilding mode like Maryland and Rutgers.

I'd be surprised if anyone would want to take on the Rutgers job. That athletic department makes ours look like a model program.

Rutgers is a better job than Memphis or Toledo to be sure. I wouldn't say better than UCF. UCF is a sleeping giant. It's one of the largest schools in the country. It's in one of the best recruiting areas in the country, and I think that if the Big 12 finally gets back to 12 teams, UCF is on the short list of possibilities. I think in the next few years, UCF will overtake Miami as the number three program in Florida after UF and FSU.

It would unreal in the East if Richt lands at Maryland

Harbaugh, Dantonio, Meyer, Franklin, and Richt all in one division.

Here are the teams changing head coaches so far

Illinois hired Bill Cubit to replace Tim Beckman
Hawaii hired Nevada OC Nick Rolovich to replace Norm Chow

Georgia parted ways with Mark Richt
Miami fired Al Golden
Minnesota hired interim Tracy Claeys to replace Jerry Kill
Rutgers fired Kyle Flood
UCF hired Scott Frost to replace George O'Leary
ULM fired Todd Berry

USC hired Clay Helton to replace Steve Sarkisian

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...coaching-rumors-jobs-candidates-carousel-2015

Apparently one of the teams that's been in contact with Mark Richt is Maryland. http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

I'm assuming most of us would choose Richt over TC if offered the choice. But, I'd imagine he'll cost a lot more. Is Maryland considered a better job over MN? If not, I'm having a little buyer's remorse. I think Richt would be a great hire.

I'm assuming most of us would choose Richt over TC if offered the choice. But, I'd imagine he'll cost a lot more. Is Maryland considered a better job over MN? If not, I'm having a little buyer's remorse. I think Richt would be a great hire.

The general consensus is with the Under Armour money that Maryland is a top job. I don't necessarily agree with that and think the thought of Maryland turning into Oregon (Nike) east is far-fetched.

That said, they definitely are in a MUCH more fertile recruiting ground than the U.

Richt is a Miami Alum and has been in contact with Miami. Others in the search include Butch Davis, Greg Shianno. Miami is wandering in the wasteland since moving way off campus and into the former Joe Robbie Stadium.

Kirby Smart to Georgia.

Teams that have hired new head coaches

Illinois hired Bill Cubit to replace Tim Beckman
Georgia is expected to hire Alabama DC Kirby Smart to replace Mark Richt
Hawaii hired Nevada OC Nick Rolovich to replace Norm Chow
Minnesota hired interim Tracy Claeys to replace Jerry Kill
UCF hired Scott Frost to replace George O'Leary
USC hired Clay Helton to replace Steve Sarkisian

Teams still in the market for head coaches

Miami fired Al Golden
Rutgers fired Kyle Flood
ULM fired Todd Berry

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...coaching-rumors-jobs-candidates-carousel-2015

I wouldn't necessarily, he put up good records in the weaker half of the SEC at a school with very good tradition in some of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, his accomplishments just don't blow me away. I know he's a great guy and everything, but the police blotter while he was at Georgia was a mile long, not always the head coach's fault, but just another thing.

Sports Illustrated is reporting that Maryland has hired 37 year-old D.J. Durkin. Durkin spent this past year as Michigan's DC. Wonder if he'll take any staff with him?

Toledo is reported as promoting its OC to HC. Jason Candle

Top Bottom