PiPress: Former Gophers basketball coach Tubby Smith retains pride in his years at U

It was just a matter of time for your attack. Sorry, your trolls will not be responded either.
TRT, Tubby was perhaps the greatest Gophers basketball coach in its history...from November through December. It's just January through February where he struggled. Perhaps he had a vitamin D deficiency. [emoji274]

I always wondered in the 2010 team had panned out, how different things would've been for Tubby here. If Royce and Mbakwe were eligible that team probably goes to the sweet 16 with most of the squad coming back the following year. Who knows maybe Cory Joseph comes to play with his brother in that scenario and an injury Al Nolen isn't such a big deal. If the 2010 and 2011 years pan out I have no doubt that the big three would've came here and Smith would be able to retire here. A lot of what ifs and could've beens in those years

That team would've been so much fun to watch. Our fan base deserved to see that team. I'll always wonder what if

Except he didn't have the program on its way to consistent postseason appearances.

I want Pitino to win every game at Minnesota. That said, Tubby Smith was fired after winning an NCAA tournament game over UCLA, and went to 3 NCAA's and 2 NIT's in 6 seasons. The team he left went on to win the NIT the next season.

He could not crack the top half of the BiG standings (though he was 6th twice). He did not win an NCAA game until the season he was fired - but minds had been made up prior to that tournament...everyone knows that.

No reason to bash him - especially with inaccurate facts. Hopefully both Tubby and Pitino win a lot of games for the rest of their careers.

shut

up.

Absolutely nothing has been added to this discussion in over 2 years.

Let's pause for a moment and think about what the board will be like on Sunday when the Gophers play Texas Tech. Should be a real hoot in here. ... it's destiny!

Internets

Let's pause for a moment and think about what the board will be like on Sunday when the Gophers play Texas Tech. Should be a real hoot in here. ... it's destiny!

If it's in the 7th Place game it will be on ESPN3 which will be watched by dozens of fans.

Can't see Texas tech beating Miami or Mississippi State :) Would be fun though

I don't think it's safe to assume the Gophers will beat anyone in this tournament, but one would think Missouri State is the closest thing we'll have to a "should win".

I don't think it's safe to assume the Gophers will beat anyone in this tournament, but one would think Missouri State is the closest thing we'll have to a "should win".

Well if we ply Tech in the toilet bowl may be the winner can TP the losers locker room

It looks like everyone's wish might come true. MSU is getting killed by Miami. Gophers will beat Missouri State. If TTC beat MSU as they should, we got ourselves a game.

I am not sure which one is better, beating Utah and losing by 90 to Miami or losing to Utah and have a chance to beat MSU? We'll find out in a few hours.

I thought MSU was suppose to be decent didn't they have a top ten recruiting class? But damn can't be giving up 105

I thought MSU was suppose to be decent didn't they have a top ten recruiting class? But damn can't be giving up 105

That might be for next year? Either way. Howland has always landed great recruits. Ultimately, they all end up hating him.

I thought Tubby's team looked pretty descent at times last night against Utah.

Top Bottom