Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Do you think Bo Ryan is now second guessing his decision to second guess his decision to retire?

I don't think Bo second guesses himself about anything. I think he should have either waited for the end of this season or retire after last year.

Wisconsin is a bottom-half B1G team this season. Bo's streak of top-4 is coming to an end this season, as is their tourney streak.

I think this is wishful thinking on your part. I agree it certainly looks like Wisconsin's top 4 streak will end this year but Bo's teams always seem to improve as the year goes on. At the very worst they will probably still sneak into the tournament. And every year one or two teams predicted to finish high in the big ten always seem to inevitably under-perform, slide in the standings, and clear a path for Wisconsin to pass them up.

Bo Ryan's retirement can't come soon enough.

Wisconsin had a pre-scheduled tweet about beating Western Illinois.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wisconsin had a pre-scheduled tweet about beating Western Illinois.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

54794499.jpg

I do understand the sport of chiding the rival when they are down, but gee whiz, they just came off back-to-back Final 4's and they've been there another time since we ever had a team (sort of) make it to that level of national prominence. And I really don't recommend chiding anybody at a point when we have no idea how our team will stack up.

I do understand the sport of chiding the rival when they are down, but gee whiz, they just came off back-to-back Final 4's and they've been there another time since we ever had a team (sort of) make it to that level of national prominence. And I really don't recommend chiding anybody at a point when we have no idea how our team will stack up.

I think some of the reasons you gave is exactly why you have to take advantage of the moment. This has rarely happened because they have been so good lately.

Badgers loss yesterday is almost as good as the packers loss to the lions today.

wisconsin is down but not out.

6'8" 240lb V. Brown looks like he may be the latest Wisconsin player to go from averaging nothing to being a minor star. 2 pts, 1.3 reb last year. 13.5 pts, 6 reb so far this year.

It's a funny loss but I am hesitant to laugh to hard; I see some pretty bad ones in our future along with a couple of upsets.

Watching to Georgetown and Maryland game and the commentators are talking about Wisconsin being upset by Western Illinois. One announcer says, "Wisconsin should've won based on the officiating alone" made me chuckle. Finally people besides gopher fans are realizing Wisconsin gets every call

As I said above, not only will the Big 10 be fine dispite the upsets, Wisconsin will be fine too. They will be one of the first teams to figure out how to slow the game down dispite the freedom of movement rules. They still have a bunch of shooters. Like most years, they will go cold for a period of time and struggle, but I'm sure they'll still be top half if not top 4 in the Big. They are not significantly more or less talented than most of the Wisconsin teams that have finished in the top 4 in the Big 10.

I pretty much agree with this. Always happy to see Wisconsin lose, but it's way past time for Minnesota to start having some actual success. It's been almost 20 years now.

Has Illikanian played yet?

I see that UW played North Dakota last night and Carson Shanks (Prior Lake native who had interest from the U after leaving Utah State after freshman season) is on ND's roster. In 20 minutes, had 9 pts, 2 boards and no blocks.

Has Illikanian played yet?

He is playing and looks like he has a very good future. Nice looking shot. Knows the game. Needs to get stronger as most freshman bigs do.

Does not look out of place, but will have an up and down year like most freshman.

That pre scheduled tweet was awesome. Badgers last loss to a low level team like that was in 2006. Not a bad run.

I see that UW played North Dakota last night and Carson Shanks (Prior Lake native who had interest from the U after leaving Utah State after freshman season) is on ND's roster. In 20 minutes, had 9 pts, 2 boards and no blocks.

I watched it. Carson looks great, as he always has, with his back to the basket and no traffic in the paint. One on one, I'd say he is going to win a lot of battles in the post, especially in his conference. He'll be a good player in that conference. As always has been the problem with Carson, as soon as the middle gets clogged up or someone gets overly physical with him, he struggles. He is not latterally quick so guarding on the perimeter is a challenge and he allowed Happ to hit some jumpers almost completely uncontested as he cannot extend to far from the bucket. Struggles rebounding against guys with more strength and speed, just like everyone does.

Alex looks like a nightmare waiting to happen in 4 years. He's going to be that guy we all point to and say "why didn't we get him" as he puts up a consistent 15 points and 5+ rebounds in the red uniform as a junior and senior knocking down jumpers, making free throws and playing stellar defense. He's perfect for Wisconsin, don't know if he would have fit our system.

I watched it. Carson looks great, as he always has, with his back to the basket and no traffic in the paint. One on one, I'd say he is going to win a lot of battles in the post, especially in his conference. He'll be a good player in that conference. As always has been the problem with Carson, as soon as the middle gets clogged up or someone gets overly physical with him, he struggles. He is not latterally quick so guarding on the perimeter is a challenge and he allowed Happ to hit some jumpers almost completely uncontested as he cannot extend to far from the bucket. Struggles rebounding against guys with more strength and speed, just like everyone does.

Alex looks like a nightmare waiting to happen in 4 years. He's going to be that guy we all point to and say "why didn't we get him" as he puts up a consistent 15 points and 5+ rebounds in the red uniform as a junior and senior knocking down jumpers, making free throws and playing stellar defense. He's perfect for Wisconsin, don't know if he would have fit our system.
**** Alex, Murphy, Curry and when Theo John gets here they'll all make him their bitch

He is playing and looks like he has a very good future. Nice looking shot. Knows the game. Needs to get stronger as most freshman bigs do.

Does not look out of place, but will have an up and down year like most freshman.

That pre scheduled tweet was awesome. Badgers last loss to a low level team like that was in 2006. Not a bad run.

How much was Andy Van Vliet expected to play this year? Does him being ineligible hurt at all?

**** Alex, Murphy, Curry and when Theo John gets here they'll all make him their bitch

Lets not confuse my one game diagnoisis of Alex's game with me saying I think we should have picked him up. I'm just saying, it looks like the same old story about a minnesota boy that goes on to haunt us in the Big 10 for years because he looks like an extremely consistent, level headed, ball player, exactly what Wisconsin thrives on and has for a long time.

How much was Andy Van Vliet expected to play this year? Does him being ineligible hurt at all?

From early practice reports it sounded like he would crack the rotation, and Bo doesn't normally have a large rotation. Him being ineligible definitely hurts. He's a big (6'11) who reportedly can shoot the three, which has been a staple of Bo's offenses. Sounded like he needed to put on a lot of weight and gain strength, but he probably would have gotten

That was a frustrating loss to Western Freaking Illinois. They seemed to make every big shot and the Badger defense was atrocious. This certainly won't be the badgers of the last two seasons but I think they have a bunch of really talented freshman and I'd be very surprised to not see them make the tournament.

From early practice reports it sounded like he would crack the rotation, and Bo doesn't normally have a large rotation. Him being ineligible definitely hurts. He's a big (6'11) who reportedly can shoot the three, which has been a staple of Bo's offenses. Sounded like he needed to put on a lot of weight and gain strength, but he probably would have gotten

That was a frustrating loss to Western Freaking Illinois. They seemed to make every big shot and the Badger defense was atrocious. This certainly won't be the badgers of the last two seasons but I think they have a bunch of really talented freshman and I'd be very surprised to not see them make the tournament.

The reliance on freshmen hurt them against WIU, that is reality. Bo has NEVER had to rely on a group of freshmen (true and/or redshirt) to the degree that he has with this team, and many of them show obvious signs that they aren't ready to contribute as much as they will be needed to, a lot more mistake-prone team than Bo has been accustomed to. The team will suffer as a result. I believe Wisconsin will finish around 7th in the B1G this season, it will be a close call whether they make the tournament - certainly not something that would be very surprising to me.

The reliance on freshmen hurt them against WIU, that is reality. Bo has NEVER had to rely on a group of freshmen (true and/or redshirt) to the degree that he has with this team, and many of them show obvious signs that they aren't ready to contribute as much as they will be needed to, a lot more mistake-prone team than Bo has been accustomed to. The team will suffer as a result. I believe Wisconsin will finish around 7th in the B1G this season, it will be a close call whether they make the tournament - certainly not something that would be very surprising to me.

Other than the freshman part I've heard the same thing about a Bo Ryan Badger team probably 10 times. At this point it's a lot safer to bet on a top 4 finish than a 7th or worse.

Koenig and Hayes are two very solid blocks. Happ could be on some Freshman AA teams at the end of the year. Vitto Brown has taken steps forward. Showalter is serviceable. Khalil Iverson is a freak athlete and has looked good his first couple games, albeit with some freshman mistakes. I don't think they'll compete for the league title, but I see another NCAA appearance and probably a top 4 finish again.

Other than the freshman part I've heard the same thing about a Bo Ryan Badger team probably 10 times. At this point it's a lot safer to bet on a top 4 finish than a 7th or worse.

Koenig and Hayes are two very solid blocks. Happ could be on some Freshman AA teams at the end of the year. Vitto Brown has taken steps forward. Showalter is serviceable. Khalil Iverson is a freak athlete and has looked good his first couple games, albeit with some freshman mistakes. I don't think they'll compete for the league title, but I see another NCAA appearance and probably a top 4 finish again.

Dream on broomstick cowboy.

OSU goes down to something called Texas Arlington.

When was the last time OSU lost at home to an opponent like this? How bad is Texas Arlington other than the name? BT certainly isn't looking very strong so far.

Maryland beats a horrible Rider team by only 7.

Xavier stomped Michigan.

Wisconsin loses to Georgetown by 10.

Dusquene whoops Penn State by 26

Northwestern has to go to overtime to beat Columbia.

Bunch of Badger fans on a Bucks forum i read are bearish on a ncaa tourney appearance this year. I can't see them missing it but that gives you an idea of the fan base's psyche at the moment.

Top Bottom