Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bwahahahahaaaa...UNC!!! Northern Iowa with the big win.
Couldn't have happened to a bigger cheating school than this. Still can't believe UNC hasn't received a major violations ban. Truly, sports is not fair. But, this helps ease the pain. [emoji374]

Bwahahahahaaaa...UNC!!! Northern Iowa with the big win.
Couldn't have happened to a bigger cheating school than this. Still can't believe UNC hasn't received a major violations ban. Truly, sports is not fair. But, this helps ease the pain. [emoji374]

When I think of 'cheaters' I don't think of UNC. I've probably missed something. When I think of 'cheaters' I instantly think of Kentucky because of their coach.

When I think of 'cheaters' I don't think of UNC. I've probably missed something. When I think of 'cheaters' I instantly think of Kentucky because of their coach.
Really? How did you miss the academic scandal with UNC football and basketball players that has been traced back for the last 20 years? It makes "Gangelgate" pale in comparison and yet the NCAA has done nothing to UNC. It turns the NCAA into nothing more than a farce as an athletics regulatory body. UNC should, in my opinion, receive the death sentence along the same lines as SMU back in the day. Yet...nothing has been done. It's a shame.

Really? How did you miss the academic scandal with UNC football and basketball players that has been traced back for the last 20 years? It makes "Gangelgate" pale in comparison and yet the NCAA has done nothing to UNC. It turns the NCAA into nothing more than a farce as an athletics regulatory body. UNC should, in my opinion, receive the death sentence along the same lines as SMU back in the day. Yet...nothing has been done. It's a shame.

Yeah, you're right; forgot about that.

When was the last time OSU lost at home to an opponent like this? How bad is Texas Arlington other than the name? BT certainly isn't looking very strong so far.

December 1994 against Bowling Green is the last time they lost a home game to a mid-major, so it was over 20 years ago (they had not lost to a mid-major team in the arena they play in since it opened in 1998). UT-Arlington played NCAA qualifier Texas to a close game last year, although Texas won partly thanks to excellent FT shooting (over 80%), while OSU shot under 50% from the foul line (they had the exact same number of FT attempts & would have won by 4 if they had an equal percent from the FT line as UT had against them).

That's rough. Where are you predicting OSU to finish this year? Haven't really looked at the roster this year and don't know about the freshmen. I don't recall OSU ever going under .500 in conference since I started following BT ball (year before Tubby arrived).

Agreed it made me sick to hear Dan Dakish try to defend Roy on the air last night, saying there's no way a coach can know if a class is accredited. This was a whole major, a core of classes for a lot of athletes not a couple of electives. How could he not know, especially when he was an assistant for Dean Smith, the assistant's are the one's who handle dirt anyways. If a football team can check in on a 100+ athletes than old Roy can handle 15

That's rough. Where are you predicting OSU to finish this year? Haven't really looked at the roster this year and don't know about the freshmen. I don't recall OSU ever going under .500 in conference since I started following BT ball (year before Tubby arrived).

It could be a sub-500 season in the B1G for OSU, hard to guess exactly how it plays out at this point but I would guess they finish somewhere between 6th and 9th. UT Arlington did beat Memphis also, so there obviously are worse teams out there than them.

Golly Gee Whiz Roy

Agreed it made me sick to hear Dan Dakish try to defend Roy on the air last night, saying there's no way a coach can know if a class is accredited. This was a whole major, a core of classes for a lot of athletes not a couple of electives. How could he not know, especially when he was an assistant for Dean Smith, the assistant's are the one's who handle dirt anyways. If a football team can check in on a 100+ athletes than old Roy can handle 15

Tweeted to Dakich about this last night but didn't hear back from him.

Yes, that was quite comical from Dakich. There's no tighter fraternity than the coaching fraternity. A coach could commit murder and a coach/former coach would still stick up for the guy. These type-A, anal coaches (Dean Smith & Roy certainly would fit that bill) know everything that goes on in their programs, and we're supposed to believe Golly Shucks Gee Roy didn't even have a whiff there was something strange going on on the academic side of things?

Not surprisingly, plausible deniability is the route Roy has decided to take. He's a regular Sergeant Schultz from Hogan's Heroes. ... "I know nnnnnnothing."

Tweeted to Dakich about this last night but didn't hear back from him.

Yes, that was quite comical from Dakich. There's no tighter fraternity than the coaching fraternity. A coach could commit murder and a coach/former coach would still stick up for the guy. These type-A, anal coaches (Dean Smith & Roy certainly would fit that bill) know everything that goes on in their programs, and we're supposed to believe Golly Shucks Gee Roy didn't even have a whiff there was something strange going on on the academic side of things?

Not surprisingly, plausible deniability is the route Roy has decided to take. He's a regular Sergeant Schultz from Hogan's Heroes. ... "I know nnnnnnothing."

Same tactic used by Rick Pitino.

UNC should get hit by the NCAA, I hate the glorification of UNC and Dean Smith! Talk about a coach who could do less with more.

Thanks for the bump. I forgot how funny it was that a finalist from last year's championship game, and a team that was ranked in the pre-season got beat at home by a Summit League team. Wow...that ****ed their season and exposed them for what they are. They are no longer receiving votes in the polls. That was awesome.

The "U" also lost to a Summit League team today. Disappointing friggin' day for a Gopher fan, and I expected better. Most people here did not have high hopes for the year, and a lot of warts got shown tonight.

Thanks for the bump. I forgot how funny it was that a finalist from last year's championship game, and a team that was ranked in the pre-season got beat at home by a Summit League team. Wow...that ****ed their season and exposed them for what they are. They are no longer receiving votes in the polls. That was awesome.

The "U" also lost to a Summit League team today. Disappointing friggin' day for a Gopher fan, and I expected better. Most people here did not have high hopes for the year, and a lot of warts got shown tonight.

Yeah, that loss by the Badgers to Western Illinois was surprising. And meaningless. The Badgers have so many freshmen and redshirt freshman playing this year you knew it was going to be a rocky road. What makes it fun as a Badger fan is watching Bo coach em up.

Who do you expect is going to be a better team come Big Ten ttourney time? How confident are you guys in Pitinos ability to coach?

bo loses to in-state rival uw-m at home.

gophers face uw-m soon.

could uw's ncaa tourney streak be in jeopardy? two bad home loses already.

15 years in and Bo loses to BOTH W. Illinois and UW-MILWAUKEE at home?!? He's gotta go! /GHlogic

I think this season could cause Bo to come back for a few more years. I don't see him stepping away after a bad season.

Guess no one is laughing now. In all seriousness what makes sports so great is you can crap the bed against a directional school and than go on the road and beat the number 14 team in the country

bo loses to in-state rival uw-m at home.

gophers face uw-m soon.

could uw's ncaa tourney streak be in jeopardy? two bad home loses already.
Bo was UW-M coach before coming to Wisconsin right?

I think this season could cause Bo to come back for a few more years. I don't see him stepping away after a bad season.

It also makes it tougher to convince them Gaard is the right way to go as his replacement.

But you say he comes back for a few more years like its a given the Badgers will want him back after this :)

Guess no one is laughing now. In all seriousness what makes sports so great is you can crap the bed against a directional school and than go on the road and beat the number 14 team in the country
You must have missed last night's game.

It also makes it tougher to convince them Gaard is the right way to go as his replacement.

But you say he comes back for a few more years like its a given the Badgers will want him back after this :)

I mean Bo has proven he's a good coach. Isn't Wisconsin kind of in the same boat we're in? Lost a ton of production off of a heavily senior laden squad, and are now relying on a couple solid upperclassmen and a bunch of freshmen. Take their lumps this year and be better in the coming years.

And yes, I'm aware Wisconsin was much better than us last year and already has a ranked win this year.

I honestly don't know what this season says about Gaard. I think it's tough to tell what different assistants bring to the table in basketball, outside of knowing which guys were the primary recruiters of specific players. Like I couldn't say that Ben Johnson is the reason our defense has been so bad this year, or that Kimani Young deserves credit for Joey King's shooting percentages.

I mean Bo has proven he's a good coach. Isn't Wisconsin kind of in the same boat we're in? Lost a ton of production off of a heavily senior laden squad, and are now relying on a couple solid upperclassmen and a bunch of freshmen. Take their lumps this year and be better in the coming years.

And yes, I'm aware Wisconsin was much better than us last year and already has a ranked win this year.

I honestly don't know what this season says about Gaard. I think it's tough to tell what different assistants bring to the table in basketball, outside of knowing which guys were the primary recruiters of specific players. Like I couldn't say that Ben Johnson is the reason our defense has been so bad this year, or that Kimani Young deserves credit for Joey King's shooting percentages.

Gene Keady last couple of teams sucked, didn't affect Painter. If anything probably let Painter recruit for a whole year and allowed him to bring in some nice pieces in 06 and 07

That win over Syracuse isn't looking so good now. They just lost to St. John's by 12. Yikes!

Top Bottom