Say something nice about Iowa

Stan

Reaction score
I'll start. It's not wisconsin.

They have never been attacked with a nuclear weapon.

the last time we played them their defense was really easy to score on. i mean, like lois feldman easy to score on.

1) The winter is a bit shorter than in Minnesota.
2) The summers aren't as bug infested as Minnesota.
3) The cost of living is cheaper than in Minnesota (but, as they say, you get what you pay for)
4) Iowa City is no Twin Cities but it's a more traditional college town if that's your sort of thing

One of my best friends was born there.

There are many well paved roads that lead out of it, so you don't always have to travel on gravel..

It takes less than four hours to drive through!

Iowa City has amazing grilled cheeses at Marco's in the ped mall (which we'll be hitting up).

Also, since it's not a real cool city, the drinks are really cheap.

My dog came from there and he is the greatest. And we named him after Siebert field so he has no Hawkeye blood in him.

I've had some pretty good whole chocolate milk that came from Iowa. I also bought this really sweet red tank top top from a gas station in Iowa a number of years back. I still wear it.

I have been trying to think of something nice to say about Iowa since this thread opened, and for the life of me, I can't.

The Visitor's Center on the MN/IA border has clean bathrooms.

The Visitor's Center on the MN/IA border has clean bathrooms.

can confirm. driving north from texas, the last thing i do before leaving iowa is drop a deuce. driving south from minneapolis, the first thing i do upon entering iowa is drop a deuce. very clean and inviting.

Des Moines is hosting the 1st/2nd rounds of the 2016 NCAA Basketball Tournament.

Interstate highways are well-maintained. Can make it through the state without have to stop.

There aren't any border fences.

Top Bottom