Would you like to see the $5-Bits-of-Broken-Chair-Trophy become official?

• Heck yea, Goldy and Faux Pelini making up a trophy via Twitter is a sign of the times!

Votes: 92 57.5%
  • Sure, as long as it replaces the Governor's Victory Bell

Votes: 24 15.0%
  • Of course, we're a better program than Nebraska now and we'll retain the Chair for years to come

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Why not! We should have a trophy for every game we play.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nope, we play for enough Trinkets (Mason's words, not ours) already

Votes: 34 21.3%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Hell yes!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It's real if Nebraska players grab it after a win. Until then, the Gopher players should parade it around the stadium after they win.

Keep it going, but unofficial.

Agree, I like the idea of keeping it around but not in an official capacity. That being said, if Nebraska wins this weekend it will be interesting to see if they try to claim it. Personally I think it would be cool if it stayed a special teams thing since Mortell has kind of been the driving force behind it to a certain degree.

Yes.

If we don't the university folks will get together and make some contrived "nice things are nice" trophy or something silly like that.

I say 'yes.' It's origins seem a bit ridiculous - but that's how cool traditions begin. In 50 years, I'd much rather re-tell the story to a youngster how this trophy began through a Twitter exchange (I assume by then this will seem as archaic as a telegraph) between Goldy and a satirical Nebraska-based Twitter account, than just say 'yeah, I think the two PR departments came up with some meaningless award for this game to sell a few more tickets.' The Chair was birthed through some honest, social media based snark on the Husker end and some ol' fashioned bluff calling from our beloved mascot. Live on, Chair - live on!

I think if Bo Pelini would have stuck around, making Faux Pelini more relevant for at least a few more years I would be all for keeping the trophy. Now that Bo is gone, it's not as funny as it was last year. When the Gophers win this week, they should burn it outside of TCF Bank Stadium.

I think if Bo Pelini would have stuck around, making Faux Pelini more relevant for at least a few more years I would be all for keeping the trophy. Now that Bo is gone, it's not as funny as it was last year. When the Gophers win this week, they should burn it outside of TCF Bank Stadium.

Faux Pelini is more relevant.

The Victory Bell should go. Gophers have three great rivalry trophies with great history. The chair thing is simply trying too hard, in my opinion. Three trophies are enough.

I say get rid of the Victory Bell with Penn State since they are in the other division now. I like the fact that we could potentially have a Trophy game with Nebraska if they agree to it. Part of that reasoning is we will play them every year since they are in our side of the Division the West and we seem to have had strongly contested contest with them Since Kill has been coach.

I don't think it will ever be an official trophy, but I think the Faux Pellini thing should be removed and something more relevant to Nebraska say a picture of that blow up doll they have for a mascot replaces the Faux Pellini part or the Corn hat thing they wear on their heads to games. The Wooden chair should be updated to remove Faux Pelini.

Its kind of up to Nebraska right now to make it official. Whenever they do beat the Gophers, will they run to their sideline and grab the trophy, or will they just forget about it?

I say get rid of the Victory Bell with Penn State since they are in the other division now. I like the fact that we could potentially have a Trophy game with Nebraska if they agree to it. Part of that reasoning is we will play them every year since they are in our side of the Division the West and we seem to have had strongly contested contest with them Since Kill has been coach.

I don't think it will ever be an official trophy, but I think the Faux Pellini thing should be removed and something more relevant to Nebraska say a picture of that blow up doll they have for a mascot replaces the Faux Pellini part or the Corn hat thing they wear on their heads to games. The Wooden chair should be updated to remove Faux Pelini.

You really need to keep up on your social media. Faux Pelini on twitter has more nebraska football followers and is likely more relevant to a number of nebraska fans these days than lil' red or whatever they call their mascot(s) over at neb.

No. I thought it was funny as a joke on Twitter. But like someone else said, it feels like they're trying too hard. I cringe a little bit when I see pictures of the trophy. I'm okay with the ones we have.

Maybe Nebraska will never get back to 9 wins and the trophy will become part of the 'curse of Faux Pelini"

Top Bottom