Shama Q&A: Meet Gophers Interim AD Beth Goetz

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

What’s the one thing you’ve learned very quickly as interim AD? Well, the volume of my e-mails has gone up a little bit. (Also) I don’t know if it’s as much learned as reaffirmed, that we have a tremendous staff and coaches. They do a great job. In this role, I really get to see in every single area how great the staff is, and how much work and dedication they have.

When will you decide about being a candidate for the permanent AD position? It’s not something I am even thinking about. President (Eric) Kaler asked me to step into a leadership position and right now we’re just in the thick of it—the fall sports started off to a great start. They’re doing great things, and everybody else (winter sports) is now kicking in. With all that, that’s really where my focus is. No thought on doing anything other than being as good at the role I am in as I can be for the time being.

Do you think you’re interested in the job? Again, it’s not really something I am thinking about. I think it’s really important to be focused on the job I have in front of me everyday. That’s where I think my time is best spent, thinking about what my responsibility is right now.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom