Rog

Reaction score
Knowing what you know today -

Would it be easier to:

Win on the road at Purdue?

or

Win against Nebraska at home?

I tend to go with the latter.

I'll take Purdue on the road...Riley needs a "signature" win to keep Husker fans off his back and since we've won the last two, I think that will motivate the team. If not...the $5 Bits of Broken Chair trophy should make things interesting ;)

I'll take Purdue on the road...Riley needs a "signature" win to keep Husker fans off his back and since we've won the last two, I think that will motivate the team. If not...the $5 Bits of Broken Chair trophy should make things interesting ;)

I hardly think Nebraska fans will consider beating Minnesota a "signature win" - as much as I hope we get there one day. They have a shot to get a good win this weekend against wisconsin.

Go Gophers!!

I hardly think Nebraska fans will consider beating Minnesota a "signature win" - as much as I hope we get there one day. They have a shot to get a good win this weekend against wisconsin.

Go Gophers!!

Yeah I think Nebraska fans expect more than to beat us, honestly they still yap about the pounding they gave the gophers from the 80s, and many Nebraska fans barely have any memory outside of the 1990s....

They don't think much of a win over MN.

We will see after Wic visits Nebraska and who chooses to show up and play there.

If we don't get any more injuries against Purdue, Nebraska is probably more winnable as we should get BBC and others back.

Win both, and let's not worry about how they got it done. Squeak out a win against Purdue and then find a way to beat Nebraska. Then you get two weeks to heal up and prepare for a battle with Michigan to hold on to the Jug. Win that game and you get to keep the Jug until 2019.

Nebraska - they will be flat after a huge effort at home against Wisconsin (win or lose). Purdue will be up before a home crowd in what should be a shootout. They have shown strength in the second half lately and may edge us.

Winning on the road is always more difficult than winning at home. Period.

It's fng ridiculous that people can downplay recent wins in Lincoln and Ann Arbor by saying those teams were "down" or not as strong as they typically are. Those were monumental victories, as evidenced by how long it had been since the Gophers won at each location.

Winning at Purdue will be tough, but the Gophers really need this one. Bad

Winning on the road is always more difficult than winning at home. Period.

It's fng ridiculous that people can downplay recent wins in Lincoln and Ann Arbor by saying those teams were "down" or not as strong as they typically are. Those were monumental victories, as evidenced by how long it had been since the Gophers won at each location.

Winning at Purdue will be tough, but the Gophers really need this one. Bad

hmmmmm.....so you thought Michigan looked good last year? that's interesting. michigan fans, michigan officials, football analysts, the media, etc. would beg to differ. they were 5-7. that would be considered a "down" year for Minnesota. For Michigan, it was a disaster. Now had they been ranked in the Top 20, perhaps that would've been approaching a "great win". IMO, it was nowhere near a "monumental" victory. On the other hand, November, 1986, Ann Arbor, Michigan.....that was "monumental".

Hasn't Nebraska lost 2 games due to unlikely late-game heroics by their opponents (BYU and Illinois)? And they lost in overtime to Miami on what was almost and unlikely comeback of their own. I don't think Nebraska is great, but probably better than Purdue. I'm gonna say Purdue is an easier win.

I'm gonna say beat Nebraska. It's at home and we seem to play well enough to win at home. Purdue has a good OL which is why I think they win despite having a freshman QB.

Top Bottom