Gophers Depth Chart vs Purdue; Jeff Jones listed as out

What precisely is Jeff Jones' injury?

Don't know for sure. My point is he is listed on the injury report and Kill said he is injured. Are we really to believe Kill is lying about an injury to send a kid a message? Rather than to just not play the kid, like Kill has done so many times? Seems like a huge stretch to me, but then again I am a rational human.

Don't know for sure. My point is he is listed on the injury report and Kill said he is injured. Are we really to believe Kill is lying about an injury to send a kid a message? Rather than to just not play the kid, like Kill has done so many times? Seems like a huge stretch to me, but then again I am a rational human.

Theyve insinuated on a few occasions that he hasnt "figured it out" yet. Whether that means in a football sense or a discipline sense is open to question. He had migraine, maybe post- concussive syndrome awhile back. We dont really know, apparently the insiders don't really know his actual status is. Odd he isnt listed as out due to injury (right)?

Given the garbage information on Kills 2 deeps its safe to sat Kill isnt above little white lies. Strev, bobek etc. Also, dismissed the hurry up then ran it on first series of the season. No big deal.

Theyve insinuated on a few occasions that he hasnt "figured it out" yet. Whether that means in a football sense or a discipline sense is open to question. He had migraine, maybe post- concussive syndrome awhile back. We dont really know, apparently the insiders don't really know his actual status is. Odd he isnt listed as out due to injury (right)?

Given the garbage information on Kills 2 deeps its safe to sat Kill isnt above little white lies. Strev, bobek etc. Also, dismissed the hurry up then ran it on first series of the season. No big deal.

He was listed in this week's injury report.

Youre right, my mistake. I thought i had read somewhere he wasnot listed.

What would not getting the punt off have to do with Bobek?

The TV announcers seemed to think Bobek was snapping on the punt. I did not catch the number so it could have Jordahl and TV was wrong.

He was yelling at Bobek because of a prior play on the drive, not because of the punt.

You're very naive.

You're very naive.

Why would Kill have him on the depth chart for each of the first 5 games, play him sparingly, and then put him on the injury report for game 6 - unless he was, you know, injured? What is to be gained?

Why would Kill have him on the depth chart for each of the first 5 games, play him sparingly, and then put him on the injury report for game 6 - unless he was, you know, injured? What is to be gained?

Are you absolutely sure?

Well, with CRG it always comes back to PN9. He loves PN9 like Most love their wives and is so sure Phil was promised something from this staff he didn't get that he is hell bent on trying to make us all believe Kill is deceitful and dishonest.

Asked again about Jones Kill said that it has nothing to do with talent or school. Stating that he's had migraines and one thing after another medically. He was a last minute scratch to travel to Purdue. He reminded that Jones is only a Freshman.

Asked again about Jones Kill said that it has nothing to do with talent or school. Stating that he's had migraines and one thing after another medically. He was a last minute scratch to travel to Purdue. He reminded that Jones is only a Freshman.

Great info. I know I was very curious as to what was behind his absence. Much appreciated.

I know he's already played, but had he not, would he have been eligible to redshirt this year? Or, did that option get burned last year? Just out of curiosity.

Kinda depressing seeing Jones out every week. I feel bad for that guy because he came in as a high recruit and probably really wants to play. Every year is precious if you want to build a career towards the NFL.

NFL??? Just because he is highly recruited doesn't mean he will be a pro.. He is just trying to become a player on a college team. Every big time program has 25 of these kids and only a couple make the NFL.

The whole thing with Jones having a concussion, and then continued migraines, and the coaches moving him to WR to limit contact ... and still scared of putting him in while still suffering head issues seems to fit the situation.

I wanted to see him play to but you'd think with the focus on him in this forum he was Johnny Football v2 or something ;)

Top Bottom