Gophers Depth Chart vs Purdue; Jeff Jones listed as out

Our depth chart is becoming more and more ridiculous every week. Sounds like Bobek is out this week but he isn't listed in the injury report at all. Tyler Moore will start. Ace Rogers is apparently out for the year but is still listed in the two deeps. You just can't take much away from these, a lot of gamesmanship going on.

Our depth chart is becoming more and more ridiculous every week. Sounds like Bobek is out this week but he isn't listed in the injury report at all. Tyler Moore will start. Ace Rogers is apparently out for the year but is still listed in the two deeps. You just can't take much away from these, a lot of gamesmanship going on.

Do we know for sure Moore is starting at C? I haven't heard about any injuries to Bobek or Rogers.

Kill excoriated Bobek at length during the third quarter, and Bobek walked on by. Moore tweets he's starting. The Doghouse, or just hurt?

Kill excoriated Bobek at length during the third quarter, and Bobek walked on by. Moore tweets he's starting. The Doghouse, or just hurt?

I guess I didn't see that. Maybe the doghouse is right.

He ripped him a new one. I didn't see what precipitated it. Obviously he wasn't happy about the blocking call or execution.

Kinda depressing seeing Jones out every week. I feel bad for that guy because he came in as a high recruit and probably really wants to play. Every year is precious if you want to build a career towards the NFL.

Kinda depressing seeing Jones out every week. I feel bad for that guy because he came in as a high recruit and probably really wants to play. Every year is precious if you want to build a career towards the NFL.

Not being allowed to practice with the team at all last year doesn't help his situation.

Do we know for sure Moore is starting at C? I haven't heard about any injuries to Bobek or Rogers.

Yes. Moore's dad posts on the GI board. Kill mentioned an ACL injury this week and it sounds like he's referring to Rogers unfortunately.

No Gentry? Hurt again, or just another depth chart anomaly?

I don't. he has to meet reality. he needs to understand he is not in high school anymore. Good thing is, he will come around when it counts.

Not being allowed to practice with the team at all last year doesn't help his situation.

Shannon Brooks did not practice with the Gophers last year either, but he is still getting plenty of playing time.

I just don't think Jones is ready for the field.

Shannon Brooks did not practice with the Gophers last year either, but he is still getting plenty of playing time.

<b>I just don't think Jones is ready for the field.</b>

He is injured.

Nonsense. Not like he was eating chips on the couch all year.

Not speaking to Jones' situation specifically, but I've heard theories that football players seem to be getting injured more often now (college and NFL) because there's so much less contact in practices. Your body gets conditioned to being hit, so you build up strength and are better able to fend off injury from hits. It doesn't apply for things like ACL tears or concussions, but I could see it being the case in other circumstances.

I guess I didn't see that. Maybe the doghouse is right.
It's pretty amazing how people can take a tidbit of information and extrapolate it to a theory about a player's standing with the coach, which seems to be occurring a lot on this thread.

Is Ben Lauer really starting? Is Campion really not starting? Or is this just more 'gamesmanship'?

Not speaking to Jones' situation specifically, but I've heard theories that football players seem to be getting injured more often now (college and NFL) because there's so much less contact in practices. Your body gets conditioned to being hit, so you build up strength and are better able to fend off injury from hits. It doesn't apply for things like ACL tears or concussions, but I could see it being the case in other circumstances.

Gagliardi didn't believe that. I wonder if he was just in a unique situation. Or did he also have a higher number of injuries?

Does the NCAA actually have a rule in place to limit the number of contact practices? I know the NFL decreased the number of full contact practices allowed due to studies showing you are more susceptible to concussions during a week of practice than during a game, but I think the NCAA has yet to follow suit.

Gagliardi didn't believe that. I wonder if he was just in a unique situation. Or did he also have a higher number of injuries?

He had a lesser number of people running 4.6-4.9 40s while weighing 250-300 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom