KJ Maye on U offense: “I’ve been a little frustrated the way we’ve been going on"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
KJ Maye on U offense: “I’ve been a little frustrated the way we’ve been going on"

per Sid:

• Gophers wide receiver KJ Maye talking about the Gophers’ offensive difficulties: “I’ve been a little frustrated the way we’ve been going on, but I’m a senior on the team and feel like people are going to follow my lead. I’m going to stay positive and have faith in our team. I know what we can do. I see what we do day in and day out at practice. We just have to execute in games, that is the biggest thing.”

• Defensive back Adekunle Ayinde on the Gophers’ mood after losing 27-0 to Northwestern on Saturday: “Everybody is down. It’s a team we knew we could beat. When that happens, we just have to get back in the film room and do our best throughout the week. Coach [Jerry Kill] was telling us we just have to go through every practice like it is a game and treat every practice seriously. Play every rep seriously so you can get better.”

http://www.startribune.com/spring-training-should-be-calmer-for-twins/331179081/

Go Gophers!!

I feel terrible for Maye.... I feel like he'd be noteworthy player on a team that could pass :(

I like Maye but he's had his fair share of drops the last two season. I wouldn't feel too bad.

Huh? I honestly can't remember a drop from KJ. If anything, his size limits him from creating space and getting open sometimes. Hands have not been his issue.

Huh? I honestly can't remember a drop from KJ. If anything, his size limits him from creating space and getting open sometimes. Hands have not been his issue.

Pretty at least one vs TCU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's got to be close to double digit drops for the year. At CSU he had 3 or 4.
He's an explosive player but he needs to be more dependable, especially since he's usually the first read on 3rd downs.

You serious, Clark?

KJ has had some drops, but not approaching double digits. Whatever the number, unacceptable for your senior go-to guy. Drops are part of the reason our offense has struggled, and that number IS well into double figures. KJ also has made some big-time plays, including blocks, just like Mitch has made some great, clutch plays. I still think it's going to come together and the conversations here will be about something else.

KJ has had some drops, but not approaching double digits. Whatever the number, unacceptable for your senior go-to guy. Drops are part of the reason our offense has struggled, and that number IS well into double figures. KJ also has made some big-time plays, including blocks, just like Mitch has made some great, clutch plays. I still think it's going to come together and the conversations here will be about something else.

There are a lot of reasons our offense has struggled this year. Drops. Lazy blocking ("ole!"). Receivers not getting separation. A quarterback who misses wide open receivers in the flat 5 yards away from him. Running backs not able to run through contact. Turnovers. Realistically, I don't think there is any position on offense that I would say has been good, or even acceptable, by B1G standards.

He has certainly had a few drops this season.

Have you watched a game this year? He has had at least one drop in every game, sans Northwestern.

And I can't remember a single fumbled punt return, or our quarterback ever being stripped from the ball, or our offensive line whiffing on a block. Ignorance is bliss!

Top Bottom