Practice Facility Just Passed

It's all in GW's head.

full_head_scan.jpg

Looks like the inside of a basketball. Coincidence?

http://www.thedailygopher.com/2015/...-regents-gophers-jerry-kill-excellence-center

Quote from TDG

Here's to you University of Minnesota Board of Regents! You stepped up and got this thing done when previous BOR's would have sat on their hands and hemmed and hawed about 80% fundraising goals (because that's what that was, a goal not a rule)

LOL

It would be awesome if they were to give public tours once construction is completed. I'd even pay for a tour.

It would be awesome if they were to give public tours once construction is completed. I'd even pay for a tour.

I doubt they'll lock the doors. You might get some funny looks walking into a position meeting though.

Tremendous amount of debt for a barely profitable athletic department.

The U is already debt-heavy compared to its peers' athletic departments, even before this additional $120MM.

LateNightHoops.com said:
It appears that the Athletic Department will need to take on more debt in order to move the project forward in the near future. So, what has the U’s debt load looked like as compared to its Big Ten peers in the past and how might things look in the future? Today, we look to answer those questions.

The average debt outstanding on athletic facilities in the Big Ten in 2013 was $121 million. Only two athletic departments – Michigan and Minnesota – owed more than $170 million.

Legislative auditor, you know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get Jim Nobles on the line. We need the auditors! Sound the alarm! Code blue! The U and/or the U's athletic department will have to declare bankruptcy because of this.

Bankruptcy? Noooo.

That's what us taxpayers are for!

If we're going bankrupt we should have borrowed a billion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

per Sid:

Kaler takes a chance

University of Minnesota President Eric Kaler was asked if he is sticking his neck out to build the $166 million Athletes Village when the project has raised only $80 million for construction so far.

“You’ve got to take some chances every now and then,” he said. “I’m confident we’ll have the funds flow needed to pay for this, and I think our student-athletes deserve the chance to have the kind of facilities that our competitors have.”

Kaler said he was very pleased to see the project move forward, especially thanking the initial donors, and added that the school will continue fundraising while moving ahead with construction.

“We will issue some debt that will be paid for by revenues from athletics and so that will probably play a certain level in the overall project, but we are going to continue to aggressively fundraise,” Kaler said. “We’re going to go ahead with what has been approved within the $166 million budget now, which includes practice facilities for men’s and women’s basketball, football, the center of excellence with our partners Land O’Lakes, and the other pieces that are in that $166 [million].”

http://www.startribune.com/kill-celebrating-gophers-facilities-plan/331896671/

Go Gophers!!

LNH had it nailed two and a half years ago...

LateNightHoops.com said:
On the one hand, we applaud Teague’s willingness to be bold in reaching for the sky. Unfortunately it just seems his goals are teetering on the edge of when consideration of a mental health hold is warranted.

It’s not that we don’t believe the vision can’t be sold – it’s that we don’t believe it can be sold to the tune of $190 million in private funding and be completed in 6 to 8 years (and that’s just the first phase – no word on cost estimates for the next phase(s)).

If an allocation of existing revenues or long-term debt is issued with a “plan” to pay back with future fundraising efforts, you’ve got a chance to put some money into facilities. But unless someone has $150MM+ they want to hand over to Gopher athletics, it’s incredibly difficult to imagine anywhere near $190 million in private funding.

Saw a tweet that $8MM coming in for naming rights of basketball facility.

Saw a tweet that $8MM coming in for naming rights of basketball facility.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can someone explain to me why Gopher Warrior is still allowed on this site. Besides endlessly promoting his own site, he is a total classless jackass........and always looking for the Gophers to fail.

Please ban the piece of ****.

Can someone explain to me why Gopher Warrior is still allowed on this site. Besides endlessly promoting his own site, he is a total classless jackass........and always looking for the Gophers to fail.

GW=A stubborn recurring carbuncule that wouldn't go away. It is contagious, and immediate surgery is required before it poisons the mood of GH Land.

I just hope I get my burrito from him before he gets himself banned.

I'll throw in some Rotel

Rotel and Velveeta.....a combination that can't be beat. Still remember during the first year of BTN when the Rotel + Velveeta spots were practically the only sponsors they had running commercials on the network......well other than good old trusty Auto Owners Insurance group.

Ho boy! Practice facility breaks ground, GW is banned, I get two burritos and rotel... I don't think life can get better than that. The generosity of my fellow G'holers is beautiful.

Ho boy! Practice facility breaks ground, GW is banned, I get two burritos and rotel... I don't think life can get better than that. The generosity of my fellow G'holers is beautiful.

As soon as we know that ban is permanent, I'll be happy to pay up.

Top Bottom