Report: Maryland to fire Randy Edsall

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Wow. That was a bit unexpected for me. Maryland is terrible this year but figured they'd give him until the end of the season at least.

I think they meant to say that Under Armor is firing Randy Edsall.

Wasn't he one of the names floated to replace Brewster?

The rumor was that he was offered and accepted the job. Changed his mind at the last minute ... maybe due to Maryland offering their gig. Did Edsall make a bad decision or did we dodge a bullet? I think the latter.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

The rumor was that he was offered and accepted the job. Changed his mind at the last minute ... maybe due to Maryland offering their gig. Did Edsall make a bad decision or did we dodge a bullet? I think the latter.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Definitely the latter. He should have done more with Maryland. He had more financial resources than he would have had at Minnesota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"life.jpgHiring coaches is like a box of chocolate. You never know what you're gonna get".

I was so underwhelmed by the group of "hot" coaches that year: Hoke, Edsall, Golden. Not a good year to need a coach.

I was so underwhelmed by the group of "hot" coaches that year: Hoke, Edsall, Golden. Not a good year to need a coach.

Out of those three I liked Golden the best. At the time we needed a program building and those three certainly proved they could make a loser a winner. I remember watching UCONN play for the Big East title the night before Jerry Kill was named coach and not being all that impressed with the Huskies performance but couldn't argue with the win. Even though we're struggling right now at least no one is flying banners over TCF on game day.

Out of those three I liked Golden the best. At the time we needed a program building and those three certainly proved they could make a loser a winner. I remember watching UCONN play for the Big East title the night before Jerry Kill was named coach and not being all that impressed with the Huskies performance but couldn't argue with the win. Even though we're struggling right now at least no one is flying banners over TCF on game day.

Yet...thankfully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He should have done more with Maryland. He had more financial resources than he would have had at Minnesota.

Minnesota's athletic budget is larger than Maryland's, aside from the fact that they've been running at a deficit for many years.

Top Bottom