Week 6 Media Predictions: Minnesota at Purdue

Uhhhh No.

Rece Davis doesn't pick. Howard and Herbstreit picked Minnesota. Corso picked Northwestern. The guest picker was Jim Cantore of The Weather Channel who also picked Minnesota.

Keep trying though, you're on a roll...

Maybe he DVR'd an old College Gameday and watched that? :cool:

I'm a huge Maroon Kool-Aid drinker

Where? In your personal life? Certainly not here. I've yet to see any positivity from you, let alone mass-suicide levels of positivity.

We are an eyelash away from being an 0-4 Team right now ourselves.

I will bet you any amount of money you desire that there is absolutely zero possibility of the Gophers being 0-4 right now.

1) Rece Davis
2) Lee Corso
3) Kirk Hirbstreit
4) Desmond Howard
5) Whatever the producer's name is
6) Guest star who happened to be Kenny Chesney

Corso was the only one who chose Northwestern. Once you carry the 4 and divide by the square root of pie should come out to 5 people choosing the gophers out of 6. Do you get this much pleasure in proving someone wrong? For crying out loud...

You were the one who originally gave a snotty response to SonofTheVarsity. I was just saying it is easy to see why he'd think you were referring to the six ESPN guys from the links that were provided.

Now you respond with another snotty remark like we're stupid even though you are wrong again. Only four guys pick games at the end of gameday and it's been that way for years. You're right, "for crying out loud..."

Where? In your personal life? Certainly not here. I've yet to see any positivity from you, let alone mass-suicide levels of positivity.

Hmm...from what I've seen- you are the resident a**hole and 'Better Fan than You' is entirely too appropriate. Quick one liners that 'put people in there place' seem to be your specialty. Looking at your latest posts- not seeing any positivity either...but I'm sure with over 12,000 posts there has to be some in there somewhere. It's easier to generalize though.

When things are going better, I'll bring out the pompoms. Until then, I am going to bitch and moan like the other 95% of the people on here. I'm sure you will continue to scour the board looking for 'corrections' and ways to belittle your fellow fans and more power to you for it. That's what Message Boards are for...if letting some air out of the balloon on here keeps you balanced off of here and brings you some sort of satisfaction- go for it. Here's to another 12,000 posts.

Hmm...from what I've seen- you are the resident a**hole and 'Better Fan than You' is entirely too appropriate. Quick one liners that 'put people in there place' seem to be your specialty. Looking at your latest posts- not seeing any positivity either...but I'm sure with over 12,000 posts there has to be some in there somewhere. It's easier to generalize though.

When things are going better, I'll bring out the pompoms. Until then, I am going to bitch and moan like the other 95% of the people on here. I'm sure you will continue to scour the board looking for 'corrections' and ways to belittle your fellow fans and more power to you for it. That's what Message Boards are for...if letting some air out of the balloon on here keeps you balanced off of here and brings you some sort of satisfaction- go for it. Here's to another 12,000 posts.

Honestly Doug, you're an enormous Debbie-Downer for being a "Huge Maroon & Gold kool-aid drinker." You do realize we have a winning record despite having nearly no offensive production for at least 10 quarters this season.

I'll drink the kool-aid for you. I think if we can get some key players healthy and the offense can find some confidence & rhythm I believe we win every game from here on out. Things can change in a hurry when it starts to click. And instead of being a possible 0-5, which you believe, I think without a few untimely turnovers we could be 4-1.

Honestly Doug, you're an enormous Debbie-Downer for being a "Huge Maroon & Gold kool-aid drinker." You do realize we have a winning record despite having nearly no offensive production for at least 10 quarters this season.

I'll drink the kool-aid for you. I think if we can get some key players healthy and the offense can find some confidence & rhythm I believe we win every game from here on out. Things can change in a hurry when it starts to click. And instead of being a possible 0-5, which you believe, I think without a few untimely turnovers we could be 4-1.

Joe- I picked us to win against Northwestern. I expect to win the Ax and the Pig every year we play. I'm the guy in the office that spends every Friday defending the Gophers and explaining why we have a chance against the TCU's and the Ohio State's. My Debbie Downerism settled in pretty hard by halftime last Saturday. I am on Day 6 right now. Nothing would make me happier than to see even a little bit of offense against Purdue- because really that's all we need- a little bit. I need to see something tomorrow because today my only defense for a Gopher win tomorrow is that 'Purdue is a Horrible Team'. And that's not a very good defense. I will give you credit though- you are a bigger Kool-Aid drinker than me. Only Hawaii is averaging less points per game than the Gophers and you think they can win out. I hope you are right.

Indy Star Prediction

With the Gophers dealing with numerous injuries and a stagnant offense, the quick pick is Purdue. This is an all too familiar scenario that hasn’t finished on the side of the Boilermakers in recent years. The second-half performance at Michigan State is encouraging and continues a pattern of staying close but not winning. Avoid those turnovers and a fast start might lead to a different result. Purdue 22, Minnesota 18

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...10/09/minnesota-purdue-who-has-edge/73681722/

Go Gophers!!

The guys who set gambling lines certainly don't wear maroon glasses and they think the Gophers will win. So there's that.

Wrong! They don't care who wins. They only want to set the odds so half of the money is on both sides. Then they get their 10% without taken any risk. That is a hell of a business model. Why don't people get this?

I'm a huge Maroon Kool-Aid drinker and this is the first time since Kill has been here that I can't find a silver lining. We are an eyelash away from being an 0-4 Team right now ourselves. This is also the first time since Kill has been here that we have had a totally inept offense. It really doesn't matter how good our defense is because after the offense 3 and outs through the entire game- the D pays for it in the second half. When you can run the ball- you always have a chance. Even against Ohio State last year- we ran the ball and had a chance. It was easy to be optimistic going into every game. We can't run the ball and even our Special Teams haven't been too special.

Last year we won a few we would have lost in previous years and it felt like maybe we got over the hump. Heck- even our 3 wins this year looked like games that we would have lost in the past- so maybe I'm an idiot and totally wrong. But if you think we are going to head into Lafayette this weekend and win just because we have the 'better team'- you haven't been a Gopher fan very long.

A) We've played five games.......so it would be impossible to be an 0-4 team right now.
B) Maybe we'd be an "eyelash" from losing one or two of those wins........but an "eyelash" away from having each of our three wins go against us? I doubt that very much.

Wrong! They don't care who wins. They only want to set the odds so half of the money is on both sides. Then they get their 10% without taken any risk. That is a hell of a business model. Why don't people get this?

Well, actually 5% if an equal amount is bet on both teams. The winning bettor would keep the juice.

Nobody said they cared who wins. How exactly do we arrive at Favorites and Underdogs then? I assumed they were predicted winners and losers. Is that not the case?

Most probably do but but assume they will be the one to beat the system. Besides, it's all about going with your heart which is the smartest way to make a bet.

A) We've played five games.......so it would be impossible to be an 0-4 team right now.
B) Maybe we'd be an "eyelash" from losing one or two of those wins........but an "eyelash" away from having each of our three wins go against us? I doubt that very much.

How about a compromise. We could just as easily be 0-5 if we did not have a clutch d1 qb.

I'm a huge Maroon Kool-Aid drinker and this is the first time since Kill has been here that I can't find a silver lining. We are an eyelash away from being an 0-4 Team right now ourselves.

I sympathize with the first sentence. It's tough to feel positive right now.

Don't fully agree with the second. Kent State wasn't as close as the score. I believe their offense only crossed the fifty yard line once. After Leidner threw two interceptions, the coaches decided to completely clamp down the offense in that one. Not sure why because Leidner actually had a fair passing game in that one apart from the two interceptions and the team wasn't getting anything on the ground.

We definitely could have lost to Ohio but the closeness of the score in that one was due to a uniquely bad performance by special teams.

Top Bottom