Jerry Kill still the right guy for the job

If Minnesota went from the dumpster fire they used to be to being favored against the best teams in the conference (OSU, MSU, Michigan) and actually passing the eye test against them within just a few years the amount of red flags that would be raised about what's going on would be off the charts. In today's age of college football it's nearly impossible to make your way up to the level of consistently competing with the best teams in the country in 5 years unless you're a blue blood program or breaking NCAA rules (looking at you Baylor and Ole Miss). You'll get the teams that can compete for a year or two and drop back down, but I can't really think of a power 5 non-blue blood team in the last decade that's jumped up from nowhere to perennial contender. Oregon is the only one I can think of, but they put so much money into facilities and stuff that it's not overly surprising.

TCU

I'll give that to you, but they're new to the power 5 and still had just a 4 win season two years ago, so I'm not sure you can say consistency is there yet. They've won a lot of games the last 15 or so years, though. A lot of games.

I'll give that to you, but they're new to the power 5 and still had just a 4 win season two years ago, so I'm not sure you can say consistency is there yet. They've won a lot of games the last 15 or so years, though. A lot of games.

TCU also didn't go to the playoffs and has a Big XII schedule that makes hoarding Ws pretty easy with the exception of a couple teams.

Top Bottom