Gopher legend Carl Eller one of 34 artists to have art displayed at US Bank Stadium

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the STrib:

For a billion bucks, a new sports stadium must have a massive transparent roof, state-of-the-art video screens, thousands of club seats and truckloads of beer.

Plus, plenty of art.

When it opens in 2016, the Vikings’ new U.S. Bank Stadium will feature about 500 artworks including roughly 200 commissioned paintings, sculptures, digital and installation pieces, plus 300 photos. The talent roster includes 34 Minnesota artists, ranging from nationally known figures such as David Rathman, whose paintings are in Walker Art Center, to a graffiti artist, a pyrotechnician, recent art school graduates and former Vikings star Carl Eller.

“I’m really excited about it and was very happy to be selected,” said Eller, who is, it turns out, a serious ceramic artist.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-...dium-art-from-34-minnesota-artists/330792101/

Go Gophers!!

per the STrib:

For a billion bucks, a new sports stadium must have a massive transparent roof, state-of-the-art video screens, thousands of club seats and truckloads of beer.

Plus, plenty of art.

When it opens in 2016, the Vikings’ new U.S. Bank Stadium will feature about 500 artworks including roughly 200 commissioned paintings, sculptures, digital and installation pieces, plus 300 photos. The talent roster includes 34 Minnesota artists, ranging from nationally known figures such as David Rathman, whose paintings are in Walker Art Center, to a graffiti artist, a pyrotechnician, recent art school graduates and former Vikings star Carl Eller.

“I’m really excited about it and was very happy to be selected,” said Eller, who is, it turns out, a serious ceramic artist.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-...dium-art-from-34-minnesota-artists/330792101/

Go Gophers!!

I met Carl at an art fair in Duluth a couple of years ago. He was enthusiastic about his ceramics, but was also happy to talk about football and seemed to understand that most people were more interested in discussing his gridiron glory than his art.

Top Bottom