15 year-old Iowa fan attacked after Badgers lose

badger fans are who we thought they were.

Love that in the story the only description they have of the attacker is that he was 20-25 wearing a red shirt and jeans....yep I am sure they will have no trouble finding this ******bag. Going to go out on a limb and say that alcohol may have been involved.

While Iowa fans aren't exactly saints themselves, I feel bad for the kid. Definitely classless!

This doesn't surprise me in the least considering it is a badger fan at Camp Randall. There's a reason people don't choose to live in Wisconsin.

I went to Camp Randall with my 8 year old son last year. He was harassed throughout the game.

It's fortunate for the perpetrator that China Gopher wasn't present. He would be blind, for sure.

Years ago I had a bad experience in that hell hole and have hated Madison ever since

there is a contingent of gopher fans who would do this same thing. let's not condemn a fanbase cuz of an idiot.

there is a contingent of gopher fans who would do this same thing. let's not condemn a fanbase cuz of an idiot.

Of course there are bad apples in any bunch, but Camp Randall is much more prone to this type of thing than we are here.

2014 Ejections:
TCF - 26
Randall - 205

2014 Arrests:
TCF - 1
Randall - 200

Wisc. has been known to be the worst at things like this for many, many years. Do other schools have idiots in their fanbase? Yes, but everyone knows Wisc. is the best at being idiots.

there is a contingent of gopher fans who would do this same thing.....

Agree somewhat. However, I don't think they'd punch a 15-year old no matter how annoying the kid got. I could see them punching the father of the idiot kid though.

...... let's not condemn a fanbase cuz of an idiot.

Other fans come on this board and confirm that the wisconsin Fanbase is either one of or the worst they've ever run across. There seems to be an arrogance and a "right of passage" to be jerks to opposing players and fans. I am saying this from experience - I was born & raised in the Madison Area and my parents had season tickets for over 20 years (until the seat fees were instituted). Things have changed a lot there. What used to be a fun and somewhat rowdy atmosphere has turned into profanity laced cheers, gangs of badger fans who seek to one-up the worst things they can say to innocent opposition fans, and maximum drunkenness. Don't get me wrong, we see this in a small way at Gopher Games from Gopher Fans, but there's always a cool head that prevails.

Is this news because it only happened once during the game? I thought this happened at every game and everyday in Wisconsin. Driving back from Chicago the following day I saw lots of scary white trash wearing red. That state sucks. Yikes.

Top Bottom