What's happening in the big ten?

Taji34

Reaction score
Wisconsin lost to Iowa (10 IA - 6 WI), Purdue came back and almost beat Michigan State (24 MS -21 P), Indiana was up on Ohio state for a good chunk of the game and was a touchdown away from sending it into overtime (34 OH - 27 IN), Northwestern and Michigan have gone from not being rank at all last year, to being rank pretty high this year. Could any of this been predicted 6-7 weeks ago? Crazy. Any more crazy thing I missed happen in the big ten?

It's almost as if the games should be played out rather than on paper. Who knew!

Nebraska loses in the final minute (AGAIN), this time to coach-less Illinois

It's almost as if the games should be played out rather than on paper. Who knew!

But not our games. We're going 0-7 from here on out. Or so thinks many posters on this site.

Ya Northwestern has made themselves the front runner in the West! A win at Ann Arbor, which I fully expect because of their defense will put them in the top ten. The rest of the West looks like a mess right now, so as bad our offense is our d will give us a fighting chance in those games. Also I doubt anyone else besides Ohio State will have a defense as good as Northwestern's
As for the East I still think Ohio State and Sparty are the clear cut favorites, they both looked board and uninspired last week. Michigan can make a real statement t because, unlike gassed BYU, a Northwestern win would signal that they're back. Not sure what to make of Penn state, Indiana will go to a bowl this year, they should beat Rutgers, Maryland and Purdue

Northwestern is a surprise.

Wisc and Neb changed coaches, they're gonna take a hit when doing that to some extent. Not sure why but neither wanted to win that game it seemed. Wisc's coaching choice was a bit curious, he is known to Wisc, but his time at Pitt wasn't impressive.

Purdue always seems to nearly reach up and bite someone (they had a thing with Ohio St. for a while).

Indiana is good.

>Also I doubt anyone else besides Ohio State will have a defense as good as Northwestern's

Michigan might have something to say about that....

MSU seems to always overlook Purdue for some reason. They've played them within 14 points the last three years and last 6 meetings.
tOSU seems to be able to put the gas down when they want.
Wisconsin is down where it counts, OL.
Nebraska is trying to clean up and likely has guys who are "Pelini guys" in the program.
Michigan has always had talent and Hoke is their Brewster. Harbaugh is a top coach.
Northwestern has been down, but building and ready to take off this year.
Iowa looks balanced across the board.

Northwestern is a surprise.

Wisc and Neb changed coaches, they're gonna take a hit when doing that to some extent. Not sure why but neither wanted to win that game it seemed. Wisc's coaching choice was a bit curious, he is known to Wisc, but his time at Pitt wasn't impressive.

Purdue always seems to nearly reach up and bite someone (they had a thing with Ohio St. for a while).

Indiana is good.

>Also I doubt anyone else besides Ohio State will have a defense as good as Northwestern's

Michigan might have something to say about that....

may be, but Oregon state, UNLY, BYU on there third string qb and Maryland aren't exactly offensive juggernauts. It's a good D, but they didn't make the likes of Duke and Stanford look like pop warner outfits. Ohio State seems like they can flip the switch on both sides of the ball whenever they want.

Wisconsin lost to Iowa (10 IA - 6 WI), Purdue came back and almost beat Michigan State (24 MS -21 P), Indiana was up on Ohio state for a good chunk of the game and was a touchdown away from sending it into overtime (34 OH - 27 IN), Northwestern and Michigan have gone from not being rank at all last year, to being rank pretty high this year. Could any of this been predicted 6-7 weeks ago? Crazy. Any more crazy thing I missed happen in the big ten?

Minnesota- picked by many to contend in the West; now with one of worst offensives in college football. Injuries galore. Now junior QB playing so poorly with no decent backup. Forced to take redshirt off freshman 1/2 thru season. Hard to see 2 B10 wins on schedule.

Minnesota- picked by many to contend in the West; now with one of worst offensives in college football. Injuries galore. Now junior QB playing so poorly with no decent backup. Forced to take redshirt off freshman 1/2 thru season. Hard to see 2 B10 wins on schedule.

The whole point of the OP is lots of things are happening, and happening with some consistency, that were "hard to see." Predictions have been deeply flawed. I look forward to the rest of this crazy season.

Top Bottom