Journal Courier: Is this the moment Purdue finally wins a Big Ten home game?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Journal Courier:

As we start the week, 10 questions about the Boilermakers and Saturday’s matchup against Minnesota:

• Is this the moment Purdue finally wins a Big Ten home game? No conference wins at Ross-Ade since Indiana to close out the 2012 season, a streak of eight straight losses. In fact, the Boilermakers are 3-12 at home in league play since the last time the Gophers visited West Lafayette in 2011.

http://www.jconline.com/story/sport...-football-first-and-10-vs-minnesota/73373094/

Go Gophers!!

Every Boilermaker coach, player and fan has to be thinking the same thing.

Hope not, we are down, but we did beat Ohio, who beat Marshall and Marshall handled Purdue. So we got that going for us. As bad as the offense was last week, I don't think will see a better defensive unit then Northwestern's, until the Ohio state game. Purdue has a terrible defense, I guess it's all in how you view things, but after last week, I highly doubt there will be a let down, everyone in that locker room knows the importance of winning this game.

Hope not, we are down, but we did beat Ohio, who beat Marshall and Marshall handled Purdue. So we got that going for us. As bad as the offense was last week, I don't think will see a better defensive unit then Northwestern's, until the Ohio state game. Purdue has a terrible defense, I guess it's all in how you view things, but after last week, I highly doubt there will be a let down, everyone in that locker room knows the importance of winning this game.

This really is a must win game for the Gophers if there is any hope of being a contender in the West or for that matter even making a bowl game. I would hope the players would be extremely focused and maybe even come out with some fire for a change. We need to start fast, get something going early and remind Purdue that they are not that good of a team in spite of how they played last weekend against Michigan State.

A loss in West Lafayette on Saturday could spell disaster for the remainder of the season.

That must mean Ohio is much better than Michigan State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A loss in West Lafayette on Saturday could spell disaster for the remainder of the season.

Agree 100% with this. There's still time to right the ship, but it must start Saturday in West lafayette. I'm afraid a loss to Purdue and this season's going to spiral out of control in a hurry.

That must mean Ohio is much better than Michigan State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michigan State = Purdue+3
Marshall = Purdue+10
Ohio = Marshall+11
Minnesota = Ohio+3

Ergo ... Minnesota = Michigan State+21

Michigan State = Purdue+3
Marshall = Purdue+10
Ohio = Marshall+11
Minnesota = Ohio+3

Ergo ... Minnesota = Michigan State+21

Not positive I followed all of that but it doesn't seem good for us :)

Not positive I followed all of that but it doesn't seem good for us :)

On the contrary, the completely not inaccurate in any way transitive property suggests we should be 21 points better than the Spartans (and 24 points better than Purdue).

I'm kinda glad they're on the road.

Not sure I want to be in the stands for this one....

I might starting burning furniture in my yard if we lose to Purdue.

On the contrary, the completely not inaccurate in any way transitive property suggests we should be 21 points better than the Spartans (and 24 points better than Purdue).

That can't be right! I have noticed that some of the best experts here at the GopherHole use the transitive property all the time.:rolleyes:

I might starting burning furniture in my yard if we lose to Purdue.

I might burn furniture in your yard too if we lose.

I will be so disappointed if the Gophers don't come out with incredible intensity and will themselves to victory.

We have struggled but are still 3-2 and have a chance to go to 4-2 with what is assuredly our easiest conference game of the year. How the Gophs play in this game will tell us exactly how much they want it.

I'm grasping to the off-chance that Croft lights it up and actually becomes a freshman phenom. It could happen, right?

Can't kick the feeling that we are going to lose this one.

Good! Keep that feeling. If we win, you'll be elated.

Early in the season, most figured this game was a gimme. Now there is real drama and anxiety surrounding this game. An automatic counts-for-little game now becomes the most important game of the season to date.

We have struggled but are still 3-2 and have a chance to go to 4-2 with what is assuredly our easiest conference game of the year.

Maybe, maybe not. Our easiest conference game last year by far was Iowa. Purdue was an epic struggle.

Top Bottom