Now that Demry Croft can no longer redshirt, who should start at QB the rest of year?

Now that Demry Croft can no longer redshirt, who should start at QB the rest of year?

• Play Leidner as he still has experience and gives us best chance to win.

Votes: 25 15.0%
  • Gotta roll with Croft now. He is the future and gives us best chance to win this year

Votes: 128 76.6%
  • Other

Votes: 14 8.4%

• Total voters

Gopher028

Reaction score
**OFFICIAL DEMRY CROFT IS OUR STARTING QB NEXT WEEK**

Except, he probably won't...

He is now. RS is burned.

Oh man this place is going to be fun to read for the next 7 days.

/heavy sarcasm

I hope everyone can now realize that it's not all on Mitch Lender. IT'S OUR OFFENSIVE LINE that needs to show up yet this season. Mitch may never be a game changer but the guy is at a minimum capable of being a game manager when given adequate offensive line play.

I sure hope he is. Doom if not.

But i'll say this for D Croft...he throws a spiral.
Coming in late in the game vs one of the top defenses in the B1G in
an away game, with our bad o-line. I'm not ready to judge, took me
a very bad offense in a 2-2 start in his 3rd year for me to judge Leidner
badly..

Croft has potential. If he plays the rest of the year we probably win 1 or 2 more games though. The offensive issues do not end at the QB position and it's pretty obvious Croft has some developing to do.

Name one qb who has improved under kill? Good thing we got AWeb there to show demry how to lose conference games.

Jumping to conclusions and saying Croft is the answer is premature.

After this game we know one thing for sure: Mitch Leidner is not the QB of the future for this program.

Maybe another one of our backup QBs steps up, maybe it's a guy not on the roster yet (Seth Green anyone?).

At least Leidner is out. That's about the only thing that is good about today's game.

Would be dumb to burn Crofts redshirt and not play him the rest of the season

Jumping to conclusions and saying Croft is the answer is premature.

After this game we know one thing for sure: Mitch Leidner is not the QB of the future for this program.

Maybe another one of our backup QBs steps up, maybe it's a guy not on the roster yet (Seth Green anyone?).

At least Leidner is out. That's about the only thing that is good about today's game.

What it also means is we are at a minimum 2 years away from having a seasoned junior starting quarterback..... Again.

Insanity to expect different results.

What it also means is we are at a minimum 2 years away from having a seasoned junior starting quarterback..... Again.

Insanity to expect different results.

It is if you expect Croft and Leidner to have the same talent level.

And fwiw 2 years of seasoning didn't help Mitch at all.

It is if you expect Croft and Leidner to have the same talent level.

And fwiw 2 years of seasoning didn't help Mitch at all.

Agreed.

I don't think they should take that seasoning from behind center on the field, at least not with this o line and this fan base beating the ever living **** out of your confidence. We need someone that can learn the playbook, mature, hone his game with no pressure and step in after his predecessor graduates. Pipe dream I know.

Knowing this Coaching staff, Leidner will be back as the starter. A smart non-stubborn Coaching staff will have Croft take all the first team reps and have him as the starter for the rest of the year. You don't burn a redshirt just to take out Leidner for a quarter.

Knowing this Coaching staff, Leidner will be back as the starter. A smart non-stubborn Coaching staff will have Croft take all the first team reps and have him as the starter for the rest of the year. You don't burn a redshirt just to take out Leidner for a quarter.

Yeah, you could have gone to Parra or whats his face that can run but not throw to get Mitch out of this game. They HAVE to be going to Croft for the rest of the year, if not thats just another major head scratcher.

Has to Croft from now on... no matter how badly he plays...which will be often.

The only concern going forward is that Croft looks incredibly lanky. I worry he could get broken in two due to our poor O-line.

The only concern going forward is that Croft looks incredibly lanky. I worry he could get broken in two due to our poor O-line.

Leidner will remain the starter but now that Croft burned his shirt, the leash will become shorter and shorter. Croft didn't do enough to take the job. Opposing defenses will just blitz him mercilessly. They need to fix the offensive line. It won't matter who the quarterback is until they find five guys who can block.

They need to start Croft next week and give him all the reps with the first team. Leidner can not be the starter next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole offense is lack luster Don't think it really matters who the QB is

Croft and I'm a Mitch fan

Top Bottom