CHat is still not working right

hungan1

Reaction score
1. After logging in, you cannot see the chat room board unless you type in something.

2. The chat is not moving. NO LIVE UPDATING. You don't see the flow of chat threads unless you type in something.

3. Was the Chat Room live tested before deployment?

4. No noise or volume.

5. Global settings must be set so that it is user friendly.

Thank you for the efforts to get this up and running in advance.

Yeah, the lack of live streaming of the text really makes the chat pointless. Maybe there is some type of option toggle GH has?

As an FYI to users, you can type something like '/list' and it will list all available chatrooms and show previous text.

Same things that I have experienced.

Actually strange how dysfunctional it is.

All, please accept my apologies. In getting creative on enabling and disabling some features, I inadvertently broke just about everything that relies on Javascript (AJAX is all Javascript, FYI).

I've restored all those features and will go a different route in ascertaining how to disable what needs to be disabled.

Chat appears to be fully functional again. Please re-test this and report back if you're experiencing the same issues.

Was just on there 'chatting' with Dr.Don. Seems to be working fine.

Things I noticed:
If you want to change your font color...you have to change it for every post you make. Won't stay with that color.

Missing all of the cool emoticons.:)

All I can think of right now.

The font color deal is one of the items I am working on disabling. That's prone to a lot of abuse (based off of another site's *very* active chat room). Once we get the base chat stuff situated, we can add/remove the smiley icons. For the time being, you can just use the image BBCode for it.

The font color deal is one of the items I am working on disabling. That's prone to a lot of abuse (based off of another site's *very* active chat room). Once we get the base chat stuff situated, we can add/remove the smiley icons. For the time being, you can just use the image BBCode for it.

Abuse?

Ha, I have no idea what the image BBCode is.:confused:

Yep... people going crazy with the font colors and trying to make their text absolutely hard to read.

For the image BBC code itself, it's the same one that vBulletin here uses. Quote my post to see what I mean:

Yep... people going crazy with the font colors and trying to make their text absolutely hard to read.

For the image BBC code itself, it's the same one that vBulletin here uses. Quote my post to see what I mean:

now what?

Look at how I have the code structured around my stomping bear image.... you can use that same BBC code to link to any image in the chat room. You just have to get the FULL URL to that image (if it's a webmail attachment or a search result from one of the search engines, that URL will not work properly). Get to the image itself (so that it's the ONLY thing displaying on the page - as long as it doesn't require a login, you can link to it via the chat room using the same BBCode that I used above). :)

Go spend a few minutes reading http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/misc.php?do=bbcode. That will help you a lot. :)

Any chance you can put the BEER TOAST emoticon back?

Hear hear! :drink:

Top Bottom