How many games will the Gophers win in the Big Ten regular season?

Votes: 3 2.7%

Votes: 4 3.6%

Votes: 13 11.7%

Votes: 21 18.9%

Votes: 26 23.4%

Votes: 24 21.6%

Votes: 13 11.7%

Votes: 5 4.5%

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

Stan

Reaction score

37% say 3 games......typical Minnesota people. Pessimism is the the state motto. We have a good team folks. The beginning does not predict the end in sports. Sports are game at a time. Pull up tour panties fellas and show some support for the Kids on the team who surf these boards. They do, I assure you.

37% say 3 games......typical Minnesota people. Pessimism is the the state motto. We have a good team folks. The beginning does not predict the end in sports. Sports are game at a time. Pull up tour panties fellas and show some support for the Kids on the team who surf these boards. They do, I assure you.

So at 1 am Thursday night/ Friday morning Gopher players will be crushed that 7 people thought they would win three games? And somehow ignore the fact that 6 others thought they would six games? Yes, someone needs to pull up their panties.

Realistically, road games at NW, Iowa and Ohio State probably out of range - we'll find out Saturday. Michigan and Nebraska much better than last year. That leaves Purdue on the road (barely beat them here, 39-38, last year) and Illinois, which upset us on the road last year. The last two are our best bets, plus a big, emotional upset of a better Wisconsin team in a snow storm. That would give us 3-5 and a bowl, hence a shot at a winning season.

37% say 3 games......typical Minnesota people. Pessimism is the the state motto.

Pessimism might be a bad thing if that pessimism could influence the play on the field. As it is, any pessimism held by a fan simply protects the fan from disappointment. If I say they win 4 and they win 5 or 6, I'm thrilled. If I say they win 5 or 6 and they win 4, then I'm disappointed. See how that works?

anything less than 4 would be a big disappointment.

At the beginning of the year, I predicted we would finish 10-2 with our losses being to TCU and tOSU. Dropped down and said 6 B1G wins, but definitely still see 7 as possible.

Realistically, road games at NW, Iowa and Ohio State probably out of range - we'll find out Saturday. Michigan and Nebraska much better than last year. That leaves Purdue on the road (barely beat them here, 39-38, last year) and Illinois, which upset us on the road last year. The last two are our best bets, plus a big, emotional upset of a better Wisconsin team in a snow storm. That would give us 3-5 and a bowl, hence a shot at a winning season.

This pretty much mirrors my thoughts. I had to go with 3. Before the season started I would have predicted we'd beat Northwestern, Iowa and Michigan, but as of right now I don't see us beating any of those teams. We are just too injured, and they have all been better than most expected. I think we beat Purdue, Illinois and Nebraska. As of right now I just don't have faith in our offense getting any better and we face several good defenses. If the offense does figure it out then we could easily add about 3 more wins here. But it's gotta start tomorrow.

I'll stick with 6-2, will lose to Ohio State and slip up one other week. I believe in this team's ability to close out close games, Secondary's beat up, but we have back ups and third stringers that are capable. I think the offense is starting to come along and will be just fine in conference. Good time to be a gopher fan

I don't think at NW is out of range. They've played good defense so far but their offense doesn't score a lot either. If the game is close, anything can happen.

Michigan appears to be much better than last year but Nebraska doesn't. I would say that, so far, they're worse. Their defense has given up a lot of points. Even Southern Mississippi scored 28 against them.

Iowa might very well be much better but they could also end up being a paper tiger. They're 4-0 against an FCS school, Iowa State, North Texas, and Pitt. Iowa State was tied until the fourth quarter and it took a 57 yard field goal at the end of the game to beat Pitt at home.

I think we have a better shot at beating NW, or Iowa, or Nebraska than Wisconsin even at home. I guess we'll know more after the outcome of the Iowa at Wisconsin game this weekend.

I don't think at NW is out of range. They've played good defense so far but their offense doesn't score a lot either. If the game is close, anything can happen.

Michigan appears to be much better than last year but Nebraska doesn't. I would say that, so far, they're worse. Their defense has given up a lot of points. Even Southern Mississippi scored 28 against them.

Iowa might very well be much better but they could also end up being a paper tiger. They're 4-0 against an FCS school, Iowa State, North Texas, and Pitt. Iowa State was tied until the fourth quarter and it took a 57 yard field goal at the end of the game to beat Pitt at home.

I think we have a better shot at beating NW, or Iowa, or Nebraska than Wisconsin even at home. I guess we'll know more after the outcome of the Iowa at Wisconsin game this weekend.

+1

Iowa gets unmasked this weekend and will gradually sink into the abyss of the B1G West with Purdue and Illinois.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we remind a lot of people why there was so much hype around us in the preseason tomorrow. The Wisconsin game call it a hunch, but I've always thought no matter how the season went if there was one team we would be ready for it's Wisconsin, and there not as good as they were last year, plus were at home. Michigan we get them coming off a bye so will be fresh, two weeks to prepare. Iowa will be tough on the road regardless of their record. Nebraska I feel good about, they're going to need to figure out how to play defense to come into our house. Their passing attack is no where near TCU's level, minus Ohio state we won't see another offense with that much talent. Anyone know about the injuries to the Northwestern defense their guys good to go?

7-1 with upsets on the road against Iowa and Northwestern, home upsets against Michigan and Wisconsin. I'm putting Illinois, Purdue, and Nebraska in the win column as two of three are home and the one road game win is against a bad team.
Two most likely losses if Gophers end up 6-2 are Ohio State on the road and Wisconsin at home.
You would have to be pretty stoked if they can get to a 7-1 or 6-2 record this season in conference play.

I voted four last week. Now not so sure. There are no awful gimme's this year in the west. IA beat WI, IL beat NE, PU challenged MSU. Michigan and Ohio State are also on the schedule and are good. This team could go 2-6, 1-7, or even 0-8 and I would not be that shocked. In my view the west has already been lost (6-2 means winning at Iowa at night or at Ohio State?).

There is just so much here...

Are we supposed to write everything with the assumption that the entire team is going to get butthurt at every critical comment? Can we not be truthful? Jesus Christ, have some faith that these players aren't sobbing in their dorm room because Steven from Bemidji thinks they played poorly. They are strong guys but they know they have been playing poorly. They aren't stupid.

Also, if you think A LOT of players frequent these boards you're an idiot. I'd say it's probably a few, but it's not a lot and it's once in a while.

If Croft ist a big upgrade from Leidner then I'd say we'll be lick to get bowl eligible

Top Bottom