Something Minnesota Should Consider

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
This recent graduate student section idea is awesome. I know Marquette has a much larger arena than Minnesota, but it would be cool if the U had a similar young alumni student section. It would be a pretty cool way to help people maintain their school spirit as they transition into life after school. I think a good number of students are passionate about their school's athletics while they attend and then they slowly lose interest as they get further and further from graduation. This could combat that and lead to a larger and more passionate alumni.

www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/100115aaa.html

Absolutely. Seems like a no brainer.

That would be a great idea for us. So many grad students. Anyone have a good idea of how to make the U aware of this in case they aren't?

Especially since so many graduates of the U stay in the Cities to work. It's an installed base of fans that you can nurture into donors later in life.

Best part: "One voucher per game for a free Coors Light to be redeemed only at the BMO Harris Bradley Center concession stand located by Sections 427 and 428"

Nowadays recent graduates just hang on to their student ID's, buy student tickents, and stand in the student section anyway. This at least formalizes the process.

about 5 years ago, I new people who were 20 years removed from being students but they were still getting student section tickets. I'm not sure if that used to be possible and it changed or if they just slipped through the cracks.

I always assumed the graduate students were included in said student section. But anyways, I like the idea a lot

Why?

I'm not sure I understand the premise here. Gopher basketball season tickets are readily available. The cost is not prohibitive unless you want to sit mid court.
I fully agree that students should get priority seating at favorable pricing but once you leave you should be no different than any of the thousands of previous graduates.
I too know many individuals that use their student id's long after they are no longer students. Apparently all you have to do is register for a class, buy your student tickets and then drop the class.
Too let graduates continue to buy discounted tickets to Gopher sporting events for however long seems odd to me. They should be buying regular tickets and establishing their priority. JMO

I'm not sure I understand the premise here. Gopher basketball season tickets are readily available. The cost is not prohibitive unless you want to sit mid court.
I fully agree that students should get priority seating at favorable pricing but once you leave you should be no different than any of the thousands of previous graduates.
I too know many individuals that use their student id's long after they are no longer students. Apparently all you have to do is register for a class, buy your student tickets and then drop the class.
Too let graduates continue to buy discounted tickets to Gopher sporting events for however long seems odd to me. They should be buying regular tickets and establishing their priority. JMO

Not even, you can just walk up to the window and gameday so them an ID and your golden.

Top Bottom