Ames Tribune: Inside the at-times troubled relationship between Hoiberg’s Cyclones...

BarnBoy

Reaction score
Sound's familiar!!!

Men’s Basketball: Inside the at-times troubled relationship between Hoiberg’s Cyclones and ISU athletic administration

The issue most consistently raised by sources was the financial constraints placed on the program. Nearly every source who spoke to the Ames Tribune used the phrase “nickel and dimed” to describe how the ISU program was treated during its run to a school-record four consecutive NCAA tournaments and back-to-back Big 12 tournament championships. - See more at: http://amestrib.com/sports/men-s-ba...iberg-s-cyclones-and-isu#sthash.qD8ymrGn.dpuf

http://amestrib.com/sports/men-s-ba...lationship-between-hoiberg-s-cyclones-and-isu

love how these stories come out after the mayor leaves. whatever. we got coffey.

If I were an ISU fan I would cringe reading that. At least when the bad news about Teague came out we knew we were getting someone to replace him.

"One issue was a change requiring assistant coaches to pay for home game tickets in 2014-15, which were previously provided free of charge."

What exactly is that referring to? Immediate family? Extended family?

If I were an ISU fan I would cringe reading that. At least when the bad news about Teague came out we knew we were getting someone to replace him.

"One issue was a change requiring assistant coaches to pay for home game tickets in 2014-15, which were previously provided free of charge."

What exactly is that referring to? Immediate family? Extended family?

Sounds like a few comp tickets were available to coaches for their use at home games and were taken away. That seems really cheap to me and I am a cheap person.

Biggest red flag to me was paying for the administrators families to go to the NCAA's and not paying for coaches'/basketball staff families. That's just pouring fuel on the fire and makes little sense and sewing the seeds of division between management and labor if you will. It's a basketball event for crying out loud. Bad idea.

Agree with all of this. Pretty unbelievable decision-making.

Sounds like a few comp tickets were available to coaches for their use at home games and were taken away. That seems really cheap to me and I am a cheap person.

Biggest red flag to me was paying for the administrators families to go to the NCAA's and not paying for coaches'/basketball staff families. That's just pouring fuel on the fire and makes little sense and sewing the seeds of division between management and labor if you will. It's a basketball event for crying out loud. Bad idea.

Top Bottom