Gopher to Feature Men's and Women's Basketball Doubleheader

BleedGopher

Reaction score
I don't recall the U doing this before, but its a pretty good idea for these games. Per GopherSports:

Gopher Basketball Doubleheader

With the college basketball season set to officially tip off on Friday, November 13, Gopher Athletics has created an exciting opportunity for fans of the Maroon and Gold to be a part of the action all night at Williams Arena. The Gopher basketball teams will host a single-admission doubleheader, with the women facing Wofford at 5:30 p.m. before the men host UMKC immediately following.

Fans will be able to cheer on both teams on the same night without leaving the Barn. Come watch as the Gophers women’s basketball team, starting its second season under head coach Marlene Stollings, unveils its most recent NCAA Tournament banner. Afterwards, stay to help cheer on head coach Richard Pitino’s men’s squad which will look to add to its 43-game home non-conference winning streak, the second longest in the nation.

Gopher Basketball Doubleheader
•Doors Open: 4:30pm
•Women's Basketball vs. Wofford: 5:30pm
•Men's Basketball vs. UMKC: Approximately 40 minutes after first game is completed.

*Note: The Williams Arena seating area will be cleared between games. Fans staying for the Men's Basketball game do not need to leave Williams Arena, however everyone must exit the seating area between games.

Ticket Holders

If you have season tickets for Women's Basketball, you may receive complimentary tickets to the Men's Basketball game. Additionally, if you have season tickets for Men's Basketball, you may receive complimentary tickets to the Women's Basketball game. To redeem your tickets, please contact the Gopher Sales & Service Department at [email protected] or 1-800-U-GOPHER.

https://www.mygophersports.com/Onli...&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::context_id=

Go Gophers!!

I think they may have done something similar many years ago, but it was more like a day-night double header than back to back. It seems like theoretically they could give away more tickets than they have seats. I did claim my "freebie" but not sure if I'll be able to use it or not.

Looks like they're giving away good seats to the women's game. Just got mine, Section 116 (midcourt), Row 4.

Think they'll let me stay there for the men's game?

Looks like they're giving away good seats to the women's game. Just got mine, Section 116 (midcourt), Row 4.

Think they'll let me stay there for the men's game?

If they try move you, SS, hit them with your cane. :)

the double-header is actually very common at the DII or D3 level, and for High schools. My brother runs the shot clock for games at UW-La Crosse, and they play a lot of double-headers.

my question is - if they are going to make everyone leave the seating area between games, the concourse is going to be a mess, with people coming, going, and staying.

Top Bottom