Food vendor?

gopher7

Reaction score
Seeing the thread about the dome dog got me thinking about the food vendor. Who is it, and what will they have available? Have prices been released yet?

I would love to see "All Minnesota" vendors. All hot dogs, Brats, Polish, etc to be Minnesota-Made from the big city and rural towns to promote their products - much like the taste of Minnesota or State Fair.

This was brought up during the funding debates....

I would love to see "All Minnesota" vendors. All hot dogs, Brats, Polish, etc to be Minnesota-Made from the big city and rural towns to promote their products - much like the taste of Minnesota or State Fair.

and the Republicans went apesh*t, free trade and all that. I think this would have been great idea, helped Minnesota Farmers, and producers, but it wasn't added and last I heard we are going to have the same horsesh*t vendor as the dome. I really hope I'm wrong on this.

Not to rant, but ...

Above all else, I hope they get rid of the "volunteer groups" who work the concessions. Of everything I hate about the dome, being served by people who rarely knew what the hell they were doing was the worst. If you are someone who goes to games every week it gets old fast.

I'd like to see Pronto Pups at the games. I put the head of Pronto Pups in contact with someone in charge of concessions, but I don't know if anything will come of it.

Pretty sure it'll be Aramark, like the rest of the University. It looks like University Dining Services will be handling at least some of the staffing - http://www1.umn.edu/dining/

How about this. You give me Costanza, I convert your concessions to all chicken no charge. Instead of hot dogs, chicken dogs. Instead of pretzels, chicken twists. Instead of beer, alcoholic chicken.

Not to rant, but ...

Above all else, I hope they get rid of the "volunteer groups" who work the concessions. Of everything I hate about the dome, being served by people who rarely knew what the hell they were doing was the worst. If you are someone who goes to games every week it gets old fast.

Good point. One more thing to hate the dome over. Nobody in the concession stand ever knew what they were doing because they were pretty much just serving time.

How about this. You give me Costanza, I convert your concessions to all chicken no charge. Instead of hot dogs, chicken dogs. Instead of pretzels, chicken twists. Instead of beer, alcoholic chicken.

How do they make that alcoholic chicken?

Ah they ferment it, its like anything else.

Pretty sure it'll be Aramark, like the rest of the University. It looks like University Dining Services will be handling at least some of the staffing - http://www1.umn.edu/dining/

The dome dogs and nachos at the dome unfortunately are a lot better than the dog food they serve at Williams arena so I hope Aramark steps it up for TCF.

Williams Arena concessions are absolutely the worst in the city and are a complete joke. If it weren't for Dino's Gyro's and the popcorn stand that actually puts butter on its popcorn I wouldn't get anything during games.
C'mon U of M, a third grader could put together a better assortment and quality of food.

Just to confirm, it is being done by ARAMARK. They have the contract for everything on the U of M campus.

Concessions??? We finally have all this tailgating potential and we're really worried about concessions???

Ill tell you what i'm eating..... not four dollar hot dogs.... not four dollar cokes.... not five dollar nachos.....
My food will be bought at Rainbow, or Cub. And I will stand there in the sun and grill it up before the game. My brats will be washed down with ice cold beer.
Then i'll be standing and yelling really loud for about three hours.... which will make me really hungry....
Then i'll bust out that grill again for another round!!

There was a blurb about this recently. Basically the reason we see the same of restaurants at these types of venues is that the companies behind them are very skilled at dealing with bureaucracies.

i know steak knife off 4th and 14th in dinky town is trying to work out a deal to get a spot in the new stadium in which they would serve philly cheese steak sandwiches and gyros.

Concessions??? We finally have all this tailgating potential and we're really worried about concessions???

Ill tell you what i'm eating..... not four dollar hot dogs.... not four dollar cokes.... not five dollar nachos.....
My food will be bought at Rainbow, or Cub. And I will stand there in the sun and grill it up before the game. My brats will be washed down with ice cold beer.
Then i'll be standing and yelling really loud for about three hours.... which will make me really hungry....
Then i'll bust out that grill again for another round!!

buy it at cub. rainbow (i.e. roundy's) is a dirty, dirty wisconsin company. give your money to the local minneapolis based grocer.

If we're going local companies I would love to see Matt's Bar in there serving up Jucy Lucys. Nothing says Minneapolis like the Jucy, and it would be great for those bumper shots going to commercial.

Not to rant, but ...

I can tell you the volunteer groups are gonna be there. No way can they staff an entire stadium with workers making $8-9 an hour. You may have less of them, but they will be there. Some groups work every game and are better than the others. I would also buy from these before the hourly workers.

Hormel is local, a U of M supporter

And was the supplier of the Dome Dog. Hot dogs they produce come in the following sizes. 10/1, 8/1, 4/1 and 2/1. The ratio is dogs per pound, the latter is a half pound hot dog. They also produce italian sausage, bratwust, polish sausage. Be it Aramark or whomever will try to get the biggest bang for the buck, but will the U say lets look at nich marketing. Something specific to TCF. Drop the dogs and offer par boiled and grilled brats, italian sausage, or polish with a condiment bar of you name it.

Top Bottom