AMIR COFFEY A GOPHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to sound like a Debbie Downer, has anyone looked at the rest of B1G recruits for 2016? Almost every team has at least one 4* player. Does this mean that B1G has at least 10 teams in top 25?

I do love the class though but to have this much excitement is really crazy. Were we waiting for some good news. If yes, why so much bashing of Myron. He was right, we are enjoying the moment.

As of this moment after curry committed by 247 composite rankings we were the 3rd best class in the BIG. Before Curry committed I believe we were about #5 or so in the BIG. By the end of the recruiting cycle I would bet this would be about 5th or 6th best in the BIG. The current rankings depend a lot on how high of a 4 star player each team has. We have a high 4 star player and Curry is a Low 4 star on one site and a high 3 star on the others. We have 2 top 150 players on rivals right now. *Having 2 back-to-back classes with 2 or more top 150 recruits is important to building a decent program.

As of right now there are 7 top 25 BIG Schools, this will change a little bit. (based on 247)

*Edit

I bet Coffey rises some in the rankings during his senior season.

Not to sound like a Debbie Downer, has anyone looked at the rest of B1G recruits for 2016? Almost every team has at least one 4* player. Does this mean that B1G has at least 10 teams in top 25?

I do love the class though but to have this much excitement is really crazy. Were we waiting for some good news. If yes, why so much bashing of Myron. He was right, we are enjoying the moment.

It's pretty simple, he spent just as much time talking about all the bad stuff (some of which happened decades ago) in his article as he did talking about the commitments. He could have easily gotten the point across in a sentence or two.

He is either too lazy to find more relevant things to write about or he just doesn't like the Gophers and he lets that affect his job. My guess it is a little bit of both.

You're totally right. No fan base should be excited about getting a top 50 and top 100 player in a 3-day span. That happens all the time. It's also stupid for us to be excited about currently having the 10th ranked recruiting class in the country because almost all other BT schools have at least one 4-star player.

This must be tough for you seeing the coaching staff having a great week. It was nice to see you put forth your best effort to downplay the progress this week. You must be Myron's biggest fan.

No, I actually don't like his writing style at all. No, I was not downplaying the progress either. I was just saying that he was right. It was a while since some good news had been coming this way. I am still not sure where 10th ranking comes from. I get my information from Rival. Maybe, that's my problem?

No, I actually don't like his writing style at all. No, I was not downplaying the progress either. I was just saying that he was right. It was a while since some good news had been coming this way. I am still not sure where 10th ranking comes from. I get my information from Rival. Maybe, that's my problem?

Even by rivals we'd be higher than many other teams in the BIG based on Coffey's high 4 star ranking. What 247sports does is it has a team ranking as of the commits right now based on the composite ranking of many different recruiting websites. The idea that a bunch of rankings are more accurate than 1 maybe biased ranking of players. On 247 sports composite class ranks we have the #10th class as of right now, that will not stay like that and we will drop but how far is debatable. It also depends on how concentrated the talent becomes on a few teams.

Thank you, I get it now. Do you know when the Midnight Madness is this year? We are planning on being there.

Top Bottom