AMIR COFFEY A GOPHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's going to change the recruiting culture. Big day for Ritchie and the Gophers and WELCOME HOME AMIR!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Amir said he'd announce in the fall and did, first day of: man of his word. You have to love it.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

I'll be the first to say this is a really good commit.
HEJJ YA!!!! im going to celebrate w a non decaf:)

He will be the best shooter, all round player we've had in years - his game is smoooooth
He could be a Glen Robinson III (Michigan) type player!

This conntinues the in-state mojo we've picked up from the Jarvis and Hurt commits. Hopefully Trent Jr. is taking note.

Great quotes:

“I’m going to Minnesota,” he said in an exclusive interview late Sunday evening.

“The biggest reason was I was wanted to stay home and represent the city,” Coffey told Scout. “After the visit I just felt like the bond that I had with the coaches and players, it just felt like I was supposed to be there.”

When Pitino and his staff took over at Minnesota, Coffey, a 6-foot-6 versatile guard/wing prospect, was among his primary targets.

“When he first got the job within the first couple of weeks, he had me down to campus with my family and we had a good hour or hour and a half talk and they all stayed on me since with texting and calling,” Coffey said.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1589604-minnesota-pitino-land-amir-coffey

Go Gophers!!

Who are people comparing his skillset to? I'm thinking Evan Turner...

Top Bottom