I love these Kill quotes

Some Day...Is Coming!

Some Day...Maybe?
Reaction score
@NSandell: Kill starting to get on edge, left clearly upset. "Maybe I should get fired after that. Is that good enough for you? Huh?" #Gophers

@JoeCStrib: Kill on the booing: "I probably should be fired." He ended his presser by saying, "We did win, though."

I love it! MN hasn't had it this good in 50 yrs & Kill knows it. No facilities w/out Kill. No one works harder! No one wanted this job. Fact is, they're 2-1 and about to break ground on $150 Million worth of athletic facilities. Kill's way of saying kiss my ass. I love that he gives it right back. Exactly what he should do. He's just keeping it real folks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad someone could watch that morass of ineptitude and be proud of the kid's effort. That's why I couldn't ever go into coaching. It is bad form to walk out on your team after 30 minutes...

I'm a little disappointed in his response to heavy criticism. He acted the same way after the Missouri game. Doesn't make me feel any better about the team.

@NSandell: Kill starting to get on edge, left clearly upset. "Maybe I should get fired after that. Is that good enough for you? Huh?" #Gophers

@JoeCStrib: Kill on the booing: "I probably should be fired." He ended his presser by saying, "We did win, though."

I love it! MN hasn't had it this good in 50 yrs & Kill knows it. No facilities w/out Kill. No one works harder! No one wanted this job. Fact is, they're 2-1 and about to break ground on $150 Million worth of athletic facilities. Kill's way of saying kiss my ass. I love that he gives it right back. Exactly what he should do. He's just keeping it real folks :)

We used to win bowl games under Mason. We have had decent regular seasons with no bowl wins. We have had better season than what we have experienced under Kill within the last 50 years. But any call to fire Kill is ridiculous.

Ol' "thin skin" Jer

End the season ranked once and then start acting like we should be so appreciative of what we have. Mason had numerous seasons better than kills best.

I'm a little disappointed in his response to heavy criticism. He acted the same way after the Missouri game. Doesn't make me feel any better about the team.

His job isn't to make you or anyone feel better.

Ol' "thin skin" Jer

End the season ranked once and then start acting like we should be so appreciative of what we have. Mason had numerous seasons better than kills best.

Wrong

If it bothers him so be it, if he's feeling scorned and wants to leave we'll name Claeys the head coach and most likely not miss a beat.

What a bunch of crap! Kill, et al, have put together a BiG leading defense. Kill, et al, have put together an offense that just scored 10 points agains a marginal MAC team. Limegrover is the O Line Coach and the OC and the man responsible for the game plan. Criticism? Danged right there's criticism and it's totally called for.

Not asking Kill to resign, but it's not out of line to ask him just what the heck is their purpose in putting on the field, the game plan and the offensive team they have. Limegrover is clearly over his head.

What a bunch of crap! Kill, et al, have put together a BiG leading defense. Kill, et al, have put together an offense that just scored 10 points agains a marginal MAC team. Limegrover is the O Line Coach and the OC and the man responsible for the game plan. Criticism? Danged right there's criticism and it's totally called for.

Not asking Kill to resign, but it's not out of line to ask him just what the heck is their purpose in putting on the field, the game plan and the offensive team they have. Limegrover is clearly over his head.

No one should be calling for Kill's head but at 99% of the power 5 schools across the country the OC would be in serious jeopardy of losing his job after a performance like that especially when you factor in the other offensive struggles we have had over the past few seasons. I honestly don't believe Kill will ever fire Limegrover so I honestly don't know where you go from here on that side of the ball.

Kill spent his Thursday radio show talking about all the work they did on offense this past week and while one week isn't going to fix the major issues we have on that side of the ball you would hope to see some signs of improvement against a bad team like Kent State. Instead we just watched one of the worst offensive performances out of the Gophers that I can remember sitting through.

Again it would be foolish to call for Kill's head but it would not be out of line to call for a change on offense....but it is a waste of time because it just isn't going to happen.

sonnygarcia go crawl back into your hole! Looking at your posting history shows nothing but negative junk the past few weeks attacking our coaching staff and quarterback. Have they been perfect this year? Far from it and I'll even admit that. There are a lot of things that need to change for us to get to where we want to be this year. Someone needs to let go of their affection for Mason and either give up their fandom for Gopher football or move on for once. All you've done the past couple weeks is compare this team/staff to Mason in all ways, shapes and forms. Move on from that, it's been years since he's coached here.

No one should be calling for Kill's head but at 99% of the power 5 schools across the country the OC would be in serious jeopardy of losing his job after a performance like that especially when you factor in the other offensive struggles we have had over the past few seasons. I honestly don't believe Kill will ever fire Limegrover so I honestly don't know where you go from here on that side of the ball.

His pal Gary Patterson blew it up after a year or two of offensive struggles. A little different than Kill since Patterson's OC left for a head coaching job. Patterson then had co-OCs....ditched them for the two studs they have now.

Also, the whole "maybe I should be fired" is really annoying.

Good old Country Jer. Not sure how keeps working so hard? I mean he only makes 2.5 million a year. Must be tough keeping it real at that price.

His pal Gary Patterson blew it up after a year or two of offensive struggles. A little different than Kill since Patterson's OC left for a head coaching job. Patterson then had co-OCs....ditched them for the two studs they have now.

Also, the whole "maybe I should be fired" is really annoying.

He's as passive agressive as the most Scandinavian Minnesotan. "Minnesota Gopher football offense, all passive no agressive".

I Like These Quotes Too

Thanks to Travis Erickson in another thread, Coach Kill also said theses things about today's Offense in the post game interview. Can't argue with any of them but they may not jibe with the O.P.

Jerry Kill:
The most important thing is, the bottom line is, we won the game. We found a way to do it. Our defense continues to play outstanding football.
•Playing with two young safeties, they really grew up.
•Our punter played well. Peter Mortell made them drive the field.
•Offensively it was a struggle. We did what we had to do. I’m responsible; I’m the head coach. I don’t know if I have the answers yet, until I watch film.
•We didn’t handle it well up front. It starts there.

We’re 2-1. Could be a hell of a lot worse.
•How to fix the offense: That’s a good question. I haven’t watched the film. Just have to keep plugging away. Not running the ball well. That’s where it starts. To sum it up, I’m not doing a very good job coaching. We have to coach better and play better and not make excuses.
•“Physically, I thought we got it handed to us.”

•“Don’t have the magical answer right now, but I better get it. Or I don’t deserve to be here.”
•“I’m not going to make any comments on the quarterbacks. Not to be disrespectful.”
•On the offensive line: Did I think we’d be better at this point…Sure, no doubt.
•I don’t think effort is the issue. We just have to get better on one side of the ball

We beat Kent State by 3 points!
THREE!!!!!!!!!
He's in year 5!
He's not in the #$^@#$ MAC anymore!
Hasn't won a bowl game (heck, hasn't been competitive in one)
He takes a little heat with a 10 pt offense against a VERY bad defense...
....and falls apart?

To act like a lil baby and say "heck maybe I should be fired" is RIDICULOUS! You're a B1G coach,
you have BIG expectations. Your offense has taken a magnificent set back this year, you need to
learn to accountable, take your criticism and improve this football team!

The post-game presser I want to see. Paraphrasing here

"Hell of a game...****, 10 points if you can't get excited about that, you're in the wrong operation. Hell of a game"

"Now let me say something, as long as I'm in the ****ing job Limey will be the offensive coach. No ****ing question about that.."

"I don't like to name names after a ****ing game, but we can't be responsible for the blocking, can't be ****ing responsible for the guys jumping offside, can't be responsible for ****."

"Now we get down there and it was a dumb play by Still. I love Still, but it was a dumb ****ing play where the ****ing ball was coming out. We were hollering protect the ****ing ball."

"We had another ****ing play with Leidner where if he leads the ****ing guy he walks in. We have another ****ing go route where the ball comes in low. That ain't Limegrovers fault."

"We got down there and ****ing Lauer jumps offside". These are the little things that are hurting us."

"Limey did a sensational ****ing job. We kicked one field goal. ****, all you can do is prepare the best you can. You can win a game many ways, many ways.

"The guy felt like **** afterwards. He worked his ass off. There is no smarter coordinator in football. ****, they put his picture up there and the ****ers boo him."

"****ers..."

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SNcBFZ26lcI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Hell of a game...****, 10 points if you can't get excited about that, you're in the wrong operation. Hell of a game"

"Now let me say something, as long as I'm in the ****ing job Limey will be the offensive coach. No ****ing question about that.."

"I don't like to name names after a ****ing game, but we can't be responsible for the blocking, can't be ****ing responsible for the guys jumping offside, can't be responsible for ****."

"Now we get down there and it was a dumb play by Still. I love Still, but it was a dumb ****ing play where the ****ing ball was coming out. We were hollering protect the ****ing ball."

"We had another ****ing play with Leidner where if he leads the ****ing guy he walks in. We have another ****ing go route where the ball comes in low. That ain't Limegrovers fault."

"We got down there and ****ing Lauer jumps offside". These are the little things that are hurting us."

"Limey did a sensational ****ing job. We kicked one field goal. ****, all you can do is prepare the best you can. You can win a game many ways, many ways.

"The guy felt like **** afterwards. He worked his ass off. There is no smarter coordinator in football. ****, they put his picture up there and the ****ers boo him."

"****ers..."

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SNcBFZ26lcI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is F**cking awesome. Seriously, you could replace the one Jerry with the other and play that clip after today's game and it would make total sense.

We beat Kent State by 3 points!
THREE!!!!!!!!!
He's in year 5!
He's not in the #$^@#$ MAC anymore!
Hasn't won a bowl game (heck, hasn't been competitive in one)
He takes a little heat with a 10 pt offense against a VERY bad defense...
....and falls apart?

To act like a lil baby and say "heck maybe I should be fired" is RIDICULOUS! You're a B1G coach,
you have BIG expectations. Your offense has taken a magnificent set back this year, you need to
learn to accountable, take your criticism and improve this football team!

Hmm. We held the lead or were tied in the final 2 minutes in his first two bowl games here. I guess that's not being competitive.

sonnygarcia go crawl back into your hole! Looking at your posting history shows nothing but negative junk the past few weeks attacking our coaching staff and quarterback. Have they been perfect this year? Far from it and I'll even admit that. There are a lot of things that need to change for us to get to where we want to be this year. Someone needs to let go of their affection for Mason and either give up their fandom for Gopher football or move on for once. All you've done the past couple weeks is compare this team/staff to Mason in all ways, shapes and forms. Move on from that, it's been years since he's coached here.

Yep, because I know enough about football to have watched the first 2 games and have known the team will suck this year because of the offense. While some of you homers will stick your head in the sand and say "it'll get better next week" I know better and could see there is NO chance this offense will ever score enough in the BIG to Get to 6 wins. It's a Firable offense to have an offense this bad in year 5, and with Mitch at QB we will see 8-9 man fronts the rest of the year, we have no chance. So I will be negative because I already know I'm yr 5 we prob aren't going to make a bowl game.

"****ers..."

A beautiful press conference. Burns loved the fans as much as I do.

Seriously, it's not like we're a top tiered team. This is similar to the Mason era. It's not that much better.

Do I like Kill? I do. Do I think he's stubborn and unlikely to change anything? Yes, which is why he better fix it or else he will be fired.

How many Bowl Games has he won?

How can anyone be so proud of the win today? "...but we did win."

He should schedule a game vs a high school team and be proud when they win by 3 points. "at least we won!"

Yep, because I know enough about football to have watched the first 2 games and have known the team will suck this year because of the offense. While some of you homers will stick your head in the sand and say "it'll get better next week" I know better and could see there is NO chance this offense will ever score enough in the BIG to Get to 6 wins. It's a Firable offense to have an offense this bad in year 5, and with Mitch at QB we will see 8-9 man fronts the rest of the year, we have no chance. So I will be negative because I already know I'm yr 5 we prob aren't going to make a bowl game.

Hey Mom - can we have some SonnyG?

I also love the response ... A little pissed off he is good. He loves to win and doesn't like to be second guessed about his QB which he was hoping would be the saving grace .. The only ones to see it is the fans that QB1 is not the answer.

Oh shut up.

Top Bottom