Fan Fest?

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread, but does anyone know when and if the team is going to do their annual fan fest again at the football complex? Last year it was more geared for kids with games and prizes. After it was all done, they signed autographs inside on the practice field.

Just like to know so i can take the afternoon off if needed..

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Most probable

No more fan fests at the complex. WE built a stadium and I suppose it could be there.

Women's day too?

Checking in for the ladies in my life...gotta keep making them bigger Gopher fans...those have been well attended from what I've heard.
GM

I sure hope they still have a Fan Fest and the Ladies Football Clinic thing. I can see where, in some ways, these events might still work better at the complex and not at the stadium. Either way I hope that just because we have a new stadium they don't end these new traditions that people have enjoyed in recent years.

If they are going to have these August events...we should be hearing about them soon.

I sure hope they still have a Fan Fest and the Ladies Football Clinic thing. I can see where, in some ways, these events might still work better at the complex and not at the stadium. Either way I hope that just because we have a new stadium they don't end these new traditions that people have enjoyed in recent years.

If they are going to have these August events...we should be hearing about them soon.

I don't know about the Ladies Football Clinic, but I believe the Fan Fest is rolled up with the Aug 22 scrimmage being held at the new stadium.

Fan Fest and scrimage are both Aug. 22nd....

That really sucks for non-season ticket holders....

I am guessing this will be a 1 time thing. They need to get thousands of people into the stadium for a dry-run to simulate an actual game. Scheduling to big events (a dry-run scrimmage and a fan fest) would be too difficult.

I bet next year they return to a scrimmage/fan fest in TCF Bank Stadium.

I agree. Very bad decision if the Fan Fest is only for season ticket holders, even if it's only a one year deal.

Just because we are "sold out" this year doesn't mean the U should forget the non-season ticket holders. In fact, we need to reach out to them more now than ever if we hope to KEEP the sold out streak going, get a long waiting list, and/or ever hope for expansion.

Reaching out the the state and creating a larger fan base should not be over now that we are technically sold out...in fact, I think its just as important now as ever in many ways. The average fan will no longer be able to just "sample" a game or two and enjoy the experience as easily as before.

While I am very glad that we filled the place with season tickets, there are some negatives to limiting access for the average fan that can't afford season tickets or the ones that live too far away. The Fan Fest was a good way to reach out to these people.
End rant....still VERY excited about TCF and the sell out!!

I agree. Very bad decision if the Fan Fest is only for season ticket holders, even if it's only a one year deal.

Just because we are "sold out" this year doesn't mean the U should forget the non-season ticket holders. In fact, we need to reach out to them more now than ever if we hope to KEEP the sold out streak going, get a long waiting list, and/or ever hope for expansion.

Reaching out the the state and creating a larger fan base should not be over now that we are technically sold out...in fact, I think its just as important now as ever in many ways. The average fan will no longer be able to just "sample" a game or two and enjoy the experience as easily as before.

While I am very glad that we filled the place with season tickets, there are some negatives to limiting access for the average fan that can't afford season tickets or the ones that live too far away. The Fan Fest was a good way to reach out to these people.
End rant....still VERY excited about TCF and the sell out!!

I'm confused how everyone assumes that if the Fan Fest is on the same day as the scrimmage that it would be a season ticket holder only thing. Why couldn't they have events at the FB complex and have the scrimmage? And while the scrimmage is the 1st chance for ticket holders to see the stadium and sit in their seats, I'm betting it is also open to the public. I mean, first of al there is no way in hell that all the season ticket holders show. Even if they did there would still be 3,000 visitors seats open. Plus, there is no f-ing way all 10,000 student ticket holders are there. So I have to think they can make this a special event for season ticket holders without shutting everyone else out. If they don't then the dept is officially run by idiots. What better way to build buzz about a sold out stadium then to let in folks who don't have seats? Get them hyped up and get them on the wait list. Make people WANT to be at TCF. I could be completely off base but I just don't see the dept closing the doors on fans who want to be there...not when the program needs every true fan it can get.

I'm confused how everyone assumes that if the Fan Fest is on the same day as the scrimmage that it would be a season ticket holder only thing. Why couldn't they have events at the FB complex and have the scrimmage? And while the scrimmage is the 1st chance for ticket holders to see the stadium and sit in their seats, I'm betting it is also open to the public. I mean, first of al there is no way in hell that all the season ticket holders show. Even if they did there would still be 3,000 visitors seats open. Plus, there is no f-ing way all 10,000 student ticket holders are there. So I have to think they can make this a special event for season ticket holders without shutting everyone else out. If they don't then the dept is officially run by idiots. What better way to build buzz about a sold out stadium then to let in folks who don't have seats? Get them hyped up and get them on the wait list. Make people WANT to be at TCF. I could be completely off base but I just don't see the dept closing the doors on fans who want to be there...not when the program needs every true fan it can get.

I agree that any interested non ticket holders and students should be ushered towards the student section and then later allowed to spread out, but I doubt this is going to happen. I read here and elsewhere that vouchers will be cut for the event, and ticket taking will be part of the dry run aspect and I can see the fun-slaying bureaucrats already sharpening their #2s in preparation for the joy-kill. Rule 1 of ticket dispersal: no ticket no event. I would be plesantly shocked if their preparations transcend this idea. This department's event planning hasn't wowed me in their ability to think outside of the box.

I agree that any interested non ticket holders and students should be ushered towards the student section and then later allowed to spread out, but I doubt this is going to happen. I read here and elsewhere that vouchers will be cut for the event, and ticket taking will be part of the dry run aspect and I can see the fun-slaying bureaucrats already sharpening their #2s in preparation for the joy-kill. Rule 1 of ticket dispersal: no ticket no event. I would be plesantly shocked if their preparations transcend this idea. This department's event planning hasn't wowed me in their ability to think outside of the box.

Even if that's the case (which would suck but I suppose I can understand if they want to dry run things) I think it would still be completely possible to hold an open to all Fan Fest that simply had the closed scrimmage.

Top Bottom