Time to start looking for a hotel

Reaction score
We have started planning our trip to the Twin Cities...

Are there are hotels that are walking distance to the new football stadium? If so, what would you recommend? If not, any recommendations re: other reasonably close hotels?

Thanks.

The two campus hotels mentioned above would be the best choice, but they may be sold out for a football weekend. If so, downtown is only about 1 1/4 miles away and there are tons of choices there.

The closest hotel to TCF Bank Stadium is the Days Inn.

I would expect them to charge a steep premium on football weekends with likely a multi-night stay required.

It is literally across the street from the stadium.

here is the plan

Get a hotel at the Mall of America. There are deals. Then take the train to the bar district in Minneapolis then take the several buses available to the U. Reverse the routine after the game.

Get a hotel at the Mall of America. There are deals. Then take the train to the bar district in Minneapolis then take the several buses available to the U. Reverse the routine after the game.

while i agree with gopherjay's idea to take the hiawatha light rail line into minneapolis the only thing i would say is if you plan on being near your hotel a lot on the non game day(s) and are not going to rent a car, then you might as well just stay in downtown minneapolis. understandably there is a lot more to do and see in downtown minneapolis (especially night life) as opposed to way out in the bloomington suburbs. if you really have a desire to do some shopping, etc for a few hours then you can do it in downtown minneapolis and/or take the light rail out to the mall of america and back, but at least you won't be stuck out in the suburbs. just a thought.

Staying by the Mall of America is an over-rated

suggestion. I'd direct a football visitor to downtown Saint Paul for a hotel before the MOA, and that is saying a lot.

There is so much attractive about DT Minneapolis, and the Mall of America/ Bloomington experience is about as uninspiring as it gets. It is no shock that the Iowa fans used to always exitedly post about staying by the MOA.

The suggestion is much like visiting San Francisco and staying in suburban east Oakland on purpose for the same price as SF.

Now if there is a new Applebees open in Bloomington that I do not know about, I take it all back.

suggestion. I'd direct a football visitor to downtown Saint Paul for a hotel before the MOA, and that is saying a lot.

There is so much attractive about DT Minneapolis, and the Mall of America/ Bloomington experience is about as uninspiring as it gets. It is no shock that the Iowa fans used to always exitedly post about staying by the MOA.

The suggestion is much like visiting San Francisco and staying in suburban east Oakland on purpose for the same price as SF.

Now if there is a new Applebees open in Bloomington that I do not know about, I take it all back.

:clap::clap:

Top Bottom