All Things McKinley Wright Recruiting Thread

The latter.

All recent or historically regular NCAA tourney qualifiers.

Dayton last 3.

Iowa State last 5.

Texas 16 of last 17.

Xavier 14 of last 16.

It's very important this regime gets to the tournament, and soon (in 2017-18 it should be required). It's a really important chip to have in your hip pocket if you want more of the the very best local kids (like Coffey) to listen to your recruiting pitch.

What does every college basketball player want to do?

Play in March.

simple.... That's a huge hole... YUGE.

Can only sell hope and change for so long. With that said, I would assume some new offers are in the air if Wright is going to visit some of these schools.

What does every college basketball player want to do?

Play in March.

simple.... That's a huge hole... YUGE.

At the same time, most top athletes are extremely confident in their abilities (and maybe a little arrogant as well). The "you can be a big reason why this program is turned around" angle can work for some. I'm assuming that is one of the main messages Pitino & company uses when recruiting players.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Listened to Ryan James recently and he made it seem like Dayton might be the biggest threat here because of their recent success in the tournament. I also believe they lose a lot of players after this year so he could get some immediate playing time.

I really would be surprised if he ended up at Texas. He's more than likely a back up plan there, but that's just my opinion.

If we lose out on Washington and Wright I would take my chances on both John and Sims if they both want to come here. I think Sharpe as a upperclassmen would be capable of back up minutes as a shooting guard

If we lose out on Wright...can we offer two scollies to Tre in 2018?

Maybe Sid will give up his parking spot at Williams Arena to sweeten the offer.

That will be perfect for parking the brand new Cadillac that the staff will buy him in exchange for his commitment.

If we lose out on Washington and Wright I would take my chances on both John and Sims if they both want to come here. I think Sharpe as a upperclassmen would be capable of back up minutes as a shooting guard

no thanks. Sharpe as someone scheduled for minutes is not a good progression for this program.

If we lose out on Washington and Wright that we be really bad unless the staff has something else hiding up their sleeve. IMHO it's important to get a solid PG prospect in the 2017 class. Would be very disappointing to watch two solid 2017 PGs from our backyard (Davison and Wright) go elsewhere and end up with table scraps.

If we lose out on Washington and Wright that we be really bad unless the staff has something else hiding up their sleeve. IMHO it's important to get a solid PG prospect in the 2017 class. Would be very disappointing to watch two solid 2017 PGs from our backyard (Davison and Wright) go elsewhere and end up with table scraps.

I agree it's very bad and if it comes to that I'd rather add two four star recruits instead of letting one go and setting for a third rate guard. Bring in a grad transfer in the spring, even if you have to hurt someone's feelings. I think most fans would agree which player is the most deadweight at this time.

Go Gophers!!

Help a dummy like me out. What's the fifth one?
Missouri
Iowa State
Minnesota
Xavier
?

Never mind, Dayton Flyers.

Help a dummy like me out. What's the fifth one?
Missouri
Iowa State
Minnesota
Xavier
?

Never mind, Dayton Flyers.

And that's Memphis, not Missouri. You know, the other school with an M logo that calls themselves the Tigers.

Think Xavier added a pair of top-100 guards within the last few days so that's got to help us I'd think.

Still think the two teams that we should most worry about are Dayton and Iowa State. Both get to the tournament, both have established coaches - for now - and both would be able to offer playing time right away.

Think Xavier added a pair of top-100 guards within the last few days so that's got to help us I'd think.

Still think the two teams that we should most worry about are Dayton and Iowa State. Both get to the tournament, both have established coaches - for now - and both would be able to offer playing time right away.

Xavier did get a couple top 100 commits in the past few days, but 247 lists them both at 6'6", with one labeled a shooting guard and the other a small forward, so I wouldn't think that either of them would take a scholarship away from a point guard like McKinley Wright.

Go Gophers!!

Xavier did get a couple top 100 commits in the past few days, but 247 lists them both at 6'6", with one labeled a shooting guard and the other a small forward, so I wouldn't think that either of them would take a scholarship away from a point guard like McKinley Wright.

well there's that. I'd reckon Xavier would in the mix then too. It's so hard to know with so many transfers and guys who leave school early but would Wright see a lot of PT there right away? I'd assume so as they'll lose three or four starters.

Go Gophers!!

Putting this tweet in this thread as well:

Go Gophers!!

per Marcus:

Wright, a 6-foot-1 point guard from Champlin Park, said he'll visit the Gophers from Sept. 2-4, Dayton from Sept. 9-11, Memphis on Sept. 17 and Xavier from Sept. 23-25.

Xavier might be out of the mix before Wright visits. Four-star Indiana point guard Paul Scruggs is visiting the Muskateers this weekend.

Minnesota's visit coming first might be a sign, but Wright didn't put any significance to it.

"Staying home would be nice," he said. "But I just want to figure out what's best for me personally. If it is here, then it is. But I'm not too shy to take other visits and see how it plays out."

http://www.startribune.com/top-loca...ll-targets-setting-official-visits/389326101/

Go Gophers!!

Lets get both Wright and John and watch them win the state championship together and help bring that winning to the gophers!

Top Bottom