Gophers projected in Capital One Bowl

It would be very nice. I love my Gophers, but don't see a 2nd place finish this season.

They need stronger play from both sides of the line before this will happen.

Given the Goph's tough schedule this year, the Capital One bowl would be a near dream come true. The season would be a major success if they could play on ANY New Year's Day game.

Because of bowl selection processes, I've always stated that I believe the Gophers will go to the Rose Bowl before the CapitalOne Bowl. Just a gut feeling.

It would be great, but I'll be fired up with 8 wins. That's going 4-0 in nonconference and a respectable 4-4 in the Big Ten or 5+ wins in the Big Ten, with one of them most likely coming over Wisconsin and/or Iowa.

Given the Goph's tough schedule this year, the Capital One bowl would be a near dream come true. The season would be a major success if they could play on ANY New Year's Day game.

Any Jan 1 bowl would be more than progress, it would be incredible! Hell if Brewster manages to not loose more games this year period I would call it success. A January bowl is something that would make me say Brewster delivered one of the goals set forth in his hiring and frankly a dream I'd almost given up for the man in '07.

It would be great, but I'll be fired up with 8 wins. That's going 4-0 in nonconference and a respectable 4-4 in the Big Ten or 5+ wins in the Big Ten, with one of them most likely coming over Wisconsin and/or Iowa.

4-0 nonconference will likely come with a win against a Golden Bear team that will be ranked in the top 15 if not 10, I'd say 5 Big10 wins are more likely. If we beat Cal and don't let down for NU, it could be a great season that could easily terminate with January game for the first time in nearly half a century.

A win over Wisconsin is way more likely than a win over Iowa. Wisconsin is going to be a major, major disappointment this year.

Wow. I wonder who is making that projection? A trip to the Cap One Bowl means we finished 2nd in the Big Ten based on how he has it laid out. Looks this way:

1) OSU - Rose
2) Minnesota - Cap 1
3) Wisconsin - Outback
4) Penn State - Alamo
5) Iowa - Champps
6) Illinois - Insight
7) Michigan - Motor City

That is an unlikely scenario, but certainly one that we would love.

I've never heard of this website, and they don't even get all the bowl tie-ins correct.

Some advice from someone who's spent time in Florida the last 4 bowl seasons. Unless you want to do the Disney thing, stay out of Orlando until a day or two around the game.

Orlando is a shithole. The stadium is a pile of crap, a glorified high school bleacher set up (though you can tailgate right outside). It's in a shitty neighborhood, don't plan on hanging out after the game when it gets dark (some tailgaters found a dead body in the lake just North of the stadium in 2006).

Tampa is fun, or even Daytona. Why go to Florida and stay inland? This is, of course, assuming the Gopher can become bowl eligible.

Don%27t%20feed%20the%20troll.jpg

Just as a point of reference, how is the Citrus Bowl much different than Camp Randall in the sense of a glorified high school bleacher set up? I agree it is in a shitty neighborhood (drove by it a few years ago, totally crappy). But it has similar seating capacity to CR, which you Badger fans seem to think makes a stadium good or bad. Bench seats throughout, like CR. You can see in to the concourse from the outside, as well as it has exposed bland concrete on the outside with little design for aesthetics... just like CR. I'm not taking anything away from your gameday experience, but in my opinion, the stadium architecture itself doesn't tell the whole story of a place to watch a football game. That doesn't mean I don't think TCF is an amazing piece of architecture, but if it isn't full and rockin' it won't make a whole lot of difference.

Also, I thought downtown Orlando was actually pretty fun. Decent bar scene. I'm hoping my memory is correct as I will be there for work in October...

I would agree Tampa is a better city to have fun in.

Just as a point of reference, how is the Citrus Bowl much different than Camp Randall in the sense of a glorified high school bleacher set up? I agree it is in a shitty neighborhood (drove by it a few years ago, totally crappy). But it has similar seating capacity to CR, which you Badger fans seem to think makes a stadium good or bad. Bench seats throughout, like CR. You can see in to the concourse from the outside, as well as it has exposed bland concrete on the outside with little design for aesthetics... just like CR. I'm not taking anything away from your gameday experience, but in my opinion, the stadium architecture itself doesn't tell the whole story of a place to watch a football game. That doesn't mean I don't think TCF is an amazing piece of architecture, but if it isn't full and rockin' it won't make a whole lot of difference.

Also, I thought downtown Orlando was actually pretty fun. Decent bar scene. I'm hoping my memory is correct as I will be there for work in October...

Yeah, downtown Orlando is pretty fun. Church St. bars are good. There are good and bad spots in Orlando, just like any other city.

Just as a point of reference, how is the Citrus Bowl much different than Camp Randall in the sense of a glorified high school bleacher set up?

The stadium is aluminum bleachers, not concrete. It has an erector set feel to it. I sat in the lower bowl and I don't remember any concrete structure.

But it has similar seating capacity to CR, which you Badger fans seem to think makes a stadium good or bad.

First, any stadium that has the Badgers in it is good. Even your stadiette will be good for one week this year. Citrus bowl is only 65,000. But I agree, seating capacity doen't make the experience good or bad. I was at Autzen in 2001 and at that time it sat about 45,000 and was absolutely crazy and loud.

Yeah, downtown is fun. For a day or two. But if you're going to go for more than the game, get the hell out of Orlando is all I'm saying.

He speaks the truth about the city of Orlando. I've got a friend that moved down their for a job a year and a half ago and he hates it. He said going out at night sucks because everybody is either a tourist or works for Disney. And most of the city is pretty ghetto.

I've been there for conferences for work and Downtown Disney is a fun place to hang out for a night. However, Orlando is not a great place to spend a week. That being said, I would love the chance to go their for the Capital One Bowl.

There's no sense predicting Bowls as no matter where we finish we stand to get passed over 1 or 2 spots. My pre-season grading sheet is:

8-4 or better: A-given the schedule
7-5: B
6-6: C
5-7: D-Brewster on a hot seat
4-8 or worse: F-Brewter engulfed in flames.

A win over Wisconsin is way more likely than a win over Iowa. Wisconsin is going to be a major, major disappointment this year.

You're the Nostradamus that predicted that Wisconsin would finish 9th in the B10 this season. You never responded to my proposed wager of whatever amount you wish that this won't happen, so I'll tell you what -- I'll give you 2-1 odds. You can name the amount.

You're the Nostradamus that predicted that Wisconsin would finish 9th in the B10 this season. You never responded to my proposed wager of whatever amount you wish that this won't happen, so I'll tell you what -- I'll give you 2-1 odds. You can name the amount.

Your schedule is too easy to finish that low. On paper Wisconsin looks like the 8th or 9th best team in the Big Ten. However, the non-conference schedule should lead to a 4-0 record + games against Indiana & Purdue means that 6-6 should be a worst case scenario. My guess is 7-8 wins for Wisconsin.

Yeah, look at this gauntlet that becky faces for the first three games (all home games mind you). Its almost Mason-esque

Northern Illinois (most predictions place them at the bottom of the MAC this year - not many starters returning)
Fresno State (most pick them 3rd or 4th in the WAC - still this is probably their toughest non-conference test)
Wofford (Is this a college?)

Yeah, look at this gauntlet that becky faces for the first three games (all home games mind you). Its almost Mason-esque

Northern Illinois (most predictions place them at the bottom of the MAC this year - not many starters returning)
Fresno State (most pick them 3rd or 4th in the WAC - still this is probably their toughest non-conference test)
Wofford (Is this a college?)

And this has an impact on the Big Ten standings how?

Your schedule is too easy to finish that low. On paper Wisconsin looks like the 8th or 9th best team in the Big Ten. However, the non-conference schedule should lead to a 4-0 record + games against Indiana & Purdue means that 6-6 should be a worst case scenario. My guess is 7-8 wins for Wisconsin.

PlayHosea was talking about the Big Ten standings only. If I read your post correctly, you think the Badger will go 4-0 in non-conference play and win between 6 and 8 games total. So anywhere from 2-4 B10 wins. Let's say 3 for an over/under. I'll take over. How much?

PlayHosea was talking about the Big Ten standings only. If I read your post correctly, you think the Badger will go 4-0 in non-conference play and win between 6 and 8 games total. So anywhere from 2-4 B10 wins. Let's say 3 for an over/under. I'll take over. How much?

hahahahahaha, trolling opposing team's message boards between 9 pm - 1 am on a Friday night!!!! hahahahahahaha.........

Its people like you that make me love myself that much more, thanks little buddy!!!

Since I'm moving to Phoenix, and with the schedule the way it is, I'm hoping the Gophs come to Arizona in December. But yeah, that site has no idea what they are talking about.

In the Big Ten ...

12 wins = National Championship
11 wins = Rose
10 wins = Cap One Citrus
9 wins = Outback
8 wins = Alamo
7 wins = Champs Sports
7 wins = Insight
6 or 7 wins = Motor City

10 wins with this schedule would be completely insane. Minnesota is playing 3 or 4 of the Top10 teams in the game this year.

Minnesota is playing 3 or 4 of the Top10 teams in the game this year.

?

Three is stretching it enough, but four?

OSU, maybe PSU, and...?

Cal? I'll eat my hat if they're in the top 10 at season's end, let alone get there at any point during the season.

The schedule is tough, but it's not that tough.

Top Bottom