I feel better about season today than I did yesterday

Stan

Reaction score
Let me start by saying this is NOT a "moral victory" post. We missed a big opportunity last night on many fronts that we won't get back. But I will say, that going into the game I was afraid the off-season hype of our D, secondary was not warranted. I was wrong. It's definitely warranted. We have a defense that gives us a shot to win every game on our schedule, though obviously the OSU game is a daunting task. This is a D that can win the West. The offense was frustrating at times, but it wasn't miserable. Some of the offensive issues may not be fixable in short order but it was promising to see Smith emerge, Carter have a good game.

On to Colorado State. This is not an easy bounce back game, but the fact it is on the road against a solid program will force us to regroup quickly which is a good thing.

Onward.

Agree. With Gopher football, I tend to take a cautious approach. That's what happens when you've endured as many bad seasons as I have as a fan. Like the defense and the offense is definitely a work in progress. But I agree that this team can play with anybody in the conference. Now, the question is whether they can actually close the door.

Before the season started I thought we were pretty much even with Wisconsin and Nebraska. Now, without seeing the two other teams, I think we're the favorite as long as the OL stays relatively healthy.

I'm actually quite (cautiously) optimistic. Even with Leidner, who for Leidner, I thought had a decent game. Our issues in that loss,
and our issues with our offense go far deeper than him. Our O-Line needs to get healthy (terrible test going up against one of the best
coached defenses in the country) but they showed they could move the ball at will when they were on. The play calling needs to
utilize our skill positions more. They may be hurt (but I didn't see it) but Berk and Jeff didn't get on the field. Zero reason why that should
happen. I am going against my better judgement by saying this....but I think we just had 1 of our only 2 losses on the season.

Does anyone know when Campion will be back? Any chance he plays at Colorado State?

I feel better about the season today than I did yesterday

I've been saying the same thing. Defense exceeded my expectations last night. Offense met them. Should be a fun season!

Ditto...but I was expecting a bit more from the offense...however no doubt the injuries to our line played a role in my thinking.

Yeah, I expected this from the O, but not from the D, so I'm a lot more positive about last night's result. I knew the defense would be good, but they looked very, very good last night at times. We won't see an offense like that again until OSU. So I'm still feeling positive about the future.

Long suffering fans, we can now dare to dream a little... :eek:

Top Bottom