***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS TCU FROGS IN GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!***

Just got back from the game. It's a little hard to judge both teams. In my opinion, the Gophers only played okay overall. But yet we kept it close to TCU. I don't know if that means TCU isn't quite that good. Or we're just that good. Dunno.

Only comment on the game is my frustration with Williams repeatedly getting the balls. Smith proved himself multiple times, yet they kept giving Williams a go. He did nothing. Not to mention that fumble. I want Smith to be the guy going forward.

I really want to be critical of Leidner, but I just can't bring myself to it...with our bubblegum patched line, he had
no time to drop and throw. When he did, he was ok. He was also playing against one of the best coached defenses
in the nation, and if Rod Williams doesn't fumble at the 1....we win 24-23? And i'd hate to be that guy, but we were
hosed all game long by the big 12 refs. I'm off the ledge, I think we'll have a helluva season, just can't hang our head
and not show up in Colorado...

We are gonna be fine. Yes it's a missed opportunity, but we escaped relatively injury free, and there were some really bright spots. Disappointing but leaves a lot of room for growth. Playing a Gary Patterson defense really doesn't give much of an opportunity for the featured back to outshine his competition.

Glad Michigan lost, hoping wisconsin and Iowa also lose. Nothing new there. Looking forward to Colorado State - and our first win of the season.

I really want to be critical of Leidner, but I just can't bring myself to it...with our bubblegum patched line, he had
no time to drop and throw. When he did, he was ok. He was also playing against one of the best coached defenses
in the nation, and if Rod Williams doesn't fumble at the 1....we win 24-23? And i'd hate to be that guy, but we were
hosed all game long by the big 12 refs. I'm off the ledge, I think we'll have a helluva season, just can't hang our head
and not show up in Colorado...

+1 Leidner is catching too much flack for this one. Did he rise to the occasion? Not exactly, but there was some really positive stuff from his game.

How does Leidner over throw a 6'10" Wozniak (when he was only 10 yards away max)? Leidner just doesn't have it. It wasn't all him, but he made some big big mistakes. One, holding the ball too long with the fumble. Two, the almost safety. Three, a few times not paying attention to the play clock.

Please run Smith more. He has a nice burst. Huff will be great. A freshman Stills doing more than the redshirt freshmen? Did Jeff Jones even see the field? We definitely miss Maxx.

We can still win the West. Doubt we can beat Ohio State. And... we better win our Bowl Game.

Alright, time to go to bed.

Last thing, it looked like a phenomenal crowd tonight. Good job Gophers fans. Stay positive, this is going to be a fun year!

It is always tough to lose but I don't feel too bad compared to some of the meltdown losses during the Mason years or the just plain ugly ones during the Salem, Gutey, Wacker and Brewster eras. My gut reaction is that TCU may not be a top 2 or 3 team but will most likely vie to be one. They're most likely a Top 5 and probably at worse a Top 10. We 're probably underrated a bit. This much for sure is that there is no quit in the Gophers which will serve us well down the road. That's might late night ramble for now. Let's go notch our first win of 2015 against a good CSU team next week!

Re-watching the game now, and on our field goal drive in Q2 Leidner threw back-to-back ducks before Santoso hit the field goal. Slant route to Melvin Holland, which hit him in the hands and could've been caught... but was super-duper wobbly. Wobbly like a punt almost.

And then he followed it up with another ugly duck (and low) to the far side on 3rd down.

Not calling for Leidner's head - thought he played OK - but very concerning to me because it relates to not being able to throw a spiral vs. poor accuracy.

I was pretty disappointed with how the defense allowed the same plays over and over last night. Slants across the middle and a run up the middle. One other play TCU did was line up two guys on the outside. Back guy got thrown the ball and the forward guy blocked. They did that twice in a row. And got plenty of yards on all these attempts.

It seemed weird to me that the defense didn't key in on these recurring plays.

I was pretty disappointed with how the defense allowed the same plays over and over last night. Slants across the middle and a run up the middle. One other play TCU did was line up two guys on the outside. Back guy got thrown the ball and the forward guy blocked. They did that twice in a row. And got plenty of yards on all these attempts.

It seemed weird to me that the defense didn't key in on these recurring plays.

It was all about limiting big plays. I think their biggest gain was 26 yards. They only had 5 or 6 plays of over 15 yards. That's really good against this offense. Bend but don't break.

How does Leidner over throw a 6'10" Wozniak (when he was only 10 yards away max)? Leidner just doesn't have it. It wasn't all him, but he made some big big mistakes. One, holding the ball too long with the fumble. Two, the almost safety. Three, a few times not paying attention to the play clock.

Please run Smith more. He has a nice burst. Huff will be great. A freshman Stills doing more than the redshirt freshmen? Did Jeff Jones even see the field? We definitely miss Maxx.

We can still win the West. Doubt we can beat Ohio State. And... we better win our Bowl Game.

Right on!!!!!

He looked like a freshman out there. Not confident at all. He and Williams both seemed like they were running in water

Right on!!!!!

He looked like a freshman out there. Not confident at all. He and Williams both seemed like they were running in water

Did you seriously just say "right on"?

Is that you, Uncle Rico?

If anyone wants to watch it again, someone posted the entire game on youtube:

Top Bottom